Is Anybody Bored Here? Feel Like They Are Stuck In A Rut?

JOHN2

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how do you intend to remedy this situation? ...... or is that the help that you are seeking?

Wrong place to look or ask, self motivation is primary.

Thaddeus - no need to complicate what is a simple question/debate.

I'm simply asking if others sometimes feel bored and a bit stuck......and why on earth is it the wrong place to ask???

Edited by JOHN2

That' how i feel today,bored bored and bored.

Sometimes i wish the UK wasn't such a sh*t hole these days, i could have been tempted back, but not now.

When in a High School literature class I had a teacher ask me what I thought about the book we were reading; “The Sun Also Rises” by Earnest Hemingway.

I answered in my smart-alecky teenage wisdom “I think it’s boring.”

He jumped on me and said “Maybe you’re boring the book”. What a dumbass statement I figured in my 16 year old wisdom.

Years later I reread the book and realized he was right.

don't have time to be bored, my days are too short already

I have no time for boredom either. With work, and a new baby my days are flying by. We all feel stuck in a rut sometimes. Doesn't have so much to do with your physical environment , but the way you are interpreting your current situation whatever that may be. Take a step back and do some self evaluation and you will more than likely find that the problem is internal. Establish some positive coping skills and you will be fine. :o

I wouldnt say i get bored i just accept that my life is in the slow lane now i have retired and savour every second.When you feel like that always remember if you have your health you can do anything my friend.

I never get bored, there is so much to do. If you're stuck in a rut, you need to look at your motivation which is why many people get into a slump and find it hard to move forward. Of course in order to get motivated, you need to have clear goals and know what you want. Look at your goals first and work back from there.

Sometimes i wish the UK wasn't such a sh*t hole these days

Your wish has been granted.... its not.

Says a man who lives in Saudi ? Guess the UK most seem great from there .The UK and Ireland have their advantages ,but some of us are sick of the place and moved out .

....hi John2, I think I have "best of both worlds" I did live full time in Thailand once but these days run an event catering business with my thai wife here in UK, which is busy in the summer months only,.after which we spend a few months in LOS :o we also have an event in Spain on our books and I hope to add more events there next year,....but as you know there is always the bills (elec,water,gas,etc)to make living outside Thailand a bit harder and only a social life here in UK for the under 25's, but at least in the summer months there is no mosquitos and I personally feel more secure using UK as my base, also as its now the "fashion" to live in Thailand,is it not the time to move on? is there no way you can set yourself up to live 50/50 ?

Edited by dee123

Sorry I disagree, it is.

Added to which it will bleed you dry. People moving out in their droves, not many to Thailand though

I'm agreeing. It's a shit hole. May not look like it visually, but yes it is a hel_l hole of a place. The next 12 months is going to be a very testing time for the UK. That's a story for another forum.

This forum is getting boring. This past 2 weeks has seen the worst assemblage of postings I've seen in the 5 years or so I've been looking in. Maybe TV should consider shutting down for a week or two (save for Visa Forum) and see if anybody has anything new to talk about.

....hi John2, I think I have "best of both worlds" I did live full time in Thailand once but these days run an event catering business with my thai wife here in UK, which is busy in the summer months only,.after which we spend a few months in LOS :D we also have an event in Spain on our books and I hope to add more events there next year,....but as you know there is always the bills (elec,water,gas,etc)to make living outside Thailand a bit harder and only a social life here in UK for the under 25's, but at least in the summer months there is no mosquitos and I personally feel more secure using UK as my base, also as its now the "fashion" to live in Thailand,is it not the time to move on? is there no way you can set yourself up to live 50/50 ?

Hi dee - the 50/50 scenario is great i'm sure, but not many i know pull it off.

And yes,the UK is a shi*thole, even my old Mum said last week 'Colin,don't ever come back here,the whole country has gone to the dogs' to which my reply was 'yeah i know mum,we do have tv's and the internet over here'

Unless she has other motives for saying that :o

Edited by JOHN2

This forum is getting boring. This past 2 weeks has seen the worst assemblage of postings I've seen in the 5 years or so I've been looking in. Maybe TV should consider shutting down for a week or two (save for Visa Forum) and see if anybody has anything new to talk about.

Then why not create some topic of interest to you that we can all share. I'm sure it will be very interesting.

I am not so bored in Bangkok as I got on the island (KPG) before, though I have much less of a social life here. I have been slammed with work so thankfully don't have much time to think about being bored. And when the work dies down I go shopping! :o

I have always found being bored has always related to my financial position. not that money can bring happiness but it sure helps :o

Money I have but still no fun

I know how you feel Johnny. I ive been pretty f**king bored the past few weeks. I’ve been thinking to my self where I can go for some excitement. Was thinking bail again, meh!! Bangkok is just the same same same same. I ant a girl so I don’t like shopping, I have work to do but nothing I can not handle with a phone and an internet connection. But I have this feeling The grass aint greener on the other side as well, its just life so boring. maybe it the weather.

Edited by RakJungTorlae

I have always found being bored has always related to my financial position. not that money can bring happiness but it sure helps :o

I know how you feel Johnny. I ive been pretty f**king bored the past few weeks. I've been thinking to my self where I can go for some excitement. Was thinking bail again, meh!! Bangkok is just the same same same same. I ant a girl so I don't like shopping, I have work to do but nothing I can not handle with a phone and an internet connection. But I have this feeling The grass aint greener on the other side as well, its just life so boring. maybe it the weather.

how about going for a joy-ride in Iraq or Afghanistan? :D

I know how you feel Johnny. I ive been pretty f**king bored the past few weeks. I've been thinking to my self where I can go for some excitement. Was thinking bail again, meh!! Bangkok is just the same same same same. I ant a girl so I don't like shopping, I have work to do but nothing I can not handle with a phone and an internet connection. But I have this feeling The grass aint greener on the other side as well, its just life so boring. maybe it the weather.

Yea life is crap,same old crap every day.

^ And there's the rub my life is the same. If you're bored then ask yourself what can you do to change it?

/edit Change job if you have one, if not what about taking an interest in where you are, or equally make a plan to move if that is what you want to do. Find excitement in a goal and then achieve it.//

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller