Is Anybody Bored Here? Feel Like They Are Stuck In A Rut?

JOHN2

I have always found being bored has always related to my financial position. not that money can bring happiness but it sure helps :o

Money I have but still no fun

I know how you feel Johnny. I ive been pretty f**king bored the past few weeks. I've been thinking to my self where I can go for some excitement. Was thinking bail again, meh!! Bangkok is just the same same same same. I ant a girl so I don't like shopping, I have work to do but nothing I can not handle with a phone and an internet connection. But I have this feeling The grass aint greener on the other side as well, its just life so boring. maybe it the weather.

how about going for a joy-ride in Iraq or Afghanistan? :D

You know what? I thought about isaral and helping out the boys. Maybe in a few years.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That' how i feel today,bored bored and bored.

Sometimes i wish the UK wasn't such a sh*t hole these days, i could have been tempted back, but not now.

give me your money, than I am bored.

You need to fight to survive, so you are not bored anymore.

Like 'DEE123' who splits the time 50/50. But mine is only 4 months in LOS, the rest of the year in Florida. I had been doing like that ( visiting siblings and old friends) over a decade.

Lately, after few weeks of arriving BKK, I felt myself boring, the thought of wanting to go back to my home in Florida starts creeping in. This may be has something to do with the hot-muggy weather in TL, :o it seems BKK is getting hotter each year. :D

So I end up spend most of my days in air-conditioned room or a/c car, 24/7. :D Or soaking up in a swimming pool most of the day time :D

Not much going for an outdoors lover like myself. :D:D

Like 'DEE123' who splits the time 50/50. But mine is only 4 months in LOS, the rest of the year in Florida. I had been doing like that ( visiting siblings and old friends) over a decade.

Lately, after few weeks of arriving BKK, I felt myself boring, the thought of wanting to go back to my home in Florida starts creeping in. This may be has something to do with the hot-muggy weather in TL, :o it seems BKK is getting hotter each year. :D

So I end up spend most of my days in air-conditioned room or a/c car, 24/7. :D Or soaking up in a swimming pool most of the day time :D

Not much going for an outdoors lover like myself. :D:D

This is half the problem,it's just too damned hot to do anything.

Problem with bkk is if you not into the nightlife it doesnt really have much to offer . Sports? Opera? People who can speak english?

I notice bkk is getting cooler every year. When i first got here 5 years ago id always sweat and notice the mugginess and humidity. I dont sweat and dont feel the mugginess and humidity anymore.

Edited by farang555

Problem with bkk is if you not into the nightlife it doesnt really have much to offer . Sports? Opera? People who can speak english?

I notice bkk is getting cooler every year.

I think it's getting hotter!

This forum is getting boring. This past 2 weeks has seen the worst assemblage of postings I've seen in the 5 years or so I've been looking in. Maybe TV should consider shutting down for a week or two (save for Visa Forum) and see if anybody has anything new to talk about.

Better still Sir, why don't you make an informative contribution?

Or is criticism easier to come by?

At least the OP put the finger on the most common ailment among farangs in Thailand - boredom.

If it's not your problem perhaps you have the answer already.

Why not set up your own thread with some helpful pointers - just for a change?

I'm in Pattaya and I've purposely positioned myself in the center of the city so I can go in any direction. I can take a long walk on the beach, visit the orphanage, drive down to Bang Sare (get some fresh seafood), hit the gym (steam, swim, cardio, weights, etc), pickup a girl, get a massage, and it goes on and on. I'm also happy to hang out at home surfing the net like I am now. Flights on Air Asia are very inexpensive if I feel like hanging out in Chiang Mai or Krabi for a few days.

I also have an online business to putter around with. It brings me 100k baht/week profit but as you can see from my activities list, my money doesn't really come into play because these are inexpensive pastimes.

I also feel I'm in a rut sometimes in Pattaya. I'm in my mid 30s and don't enjoy befriending tourists whilst the clubs around town cater to the older crowd which I have trouble relating to sometimes. I'm not a party animal so sitting in a bar looking for friends doesn't appeal to me either.

I get irritated, nervous, very tense, frustrated, or stressed out, but never bored.

Only those who want everything done for them are bored.

May be you are too idle? Idle people are often bored and bored other people too, you know? That is the cruelty of boredom. :o

That' how i feel today,bored bored and bored.

Sometimes i wish the UK wasn't such a sh*t hole these days, i could have been tempted back, but not now.

Me too x 100

Me too same same everyday. Sometime try something new, but then for a while it's get bore again.

Not X 100 thou. :o

This forum is getting boring. This past 2 weeks has seen the worst assemblage of postings I've seen in the 5 years or so I've been looking in.

i [not so] humbly beg to disagree LRB and claim that the number of new threads/topics and the relevant postings have reached new intellectual heights :o

This forum is getting boring. This past 2 weeks has seen the worst assemblage of postings I've seen in the 5 years or so I've been looking in. Maybe TV should consider shutting down for a week or two (save for Visa Forum) and see if anybody has anything new to talk about.

Better still Sir, why don't you make an informative contribution?

Or is criticism easier to come by?

At least the OP put the finger on the most common ailment among farangs in Thailand - boredom.

If it's not your problem perhaps you have the answer already.

Why not set up your own thread with some helpful pointers - just for a change?

I must admit I have some sympathy with lannabirth's view. Let's face it - there are only so many topics than can be discussed here, and they get rehashed time and time again. However, the difference between TV now and two years ago is that we used to have more posters who could hold their own in a good verbal joust, add humour and bring new points of view across.

Sadly, all those members have either been banned or have left for other forums because they're tired of being told that calling someone and idiot when they are palpably an idiot is wrong.

Remember the terryx, Jet Gorgon, November Rain and their like? The forum is a much duller place without them and their ilk.

And - let's not beat around the bush - look who they have been replaced by . . . .

I'm in Pattaya and I've purposely positioned myself in the center of the city so I can go in any direction. I can take a long walk on the beach, visit the orphanage, drive down to Bang Sare (get some fresh seafood), hit the gym (steam, swim, cardio, weights, etc), pickup a girl, get a massage, and it goes on and on. I'm also happy to hang out at home surfing the net like I am now. Flights on Air Asia are very inexpensive if I feel like hanging out in Chiang Mai or Krabi for a few days.

I also have an online business to putter around with. It brings me 100k baht/week profit but as you can see from my activities list, my money doesn't really come into play because these are inexpensive pastimes.

I also feel I'm in a rut sometimes in Pattaya. I'm in my mid 30s and don't enjoy befriending tourists whilst the clubs around town cater to the older crowd which I have trouble relating to sometimes. I'm not a party animal so sitting in a bar looking for friends doesn't appeal to me either.

So you TROLL by telling us (even though this subject is not even about money at all) that you make 400k a month but then go on to admit that you don't have any friends.

Conclusion:Money cannot buy friends or happiness.

And if you're really, then there's thaivisa....where there are always stimulating conversations like this one. Get a life man!!!

I've been retired for 20 yrs now here in asia and have never had the time to get bored, because I've always found projects.....women, cars, houses, now family.

We have been, and are in a bit of a low pressure at the moment, some people sometimes seems to feel down in such times, maybe when the sun comes back things will look brighter.

I think I am very lucky being able to choose where in the world I want to live, that alone makes me in a good mood, just thinking about how privileged I am. :D:D:D

Regards :o

I never knew I was such a hard worker until I retired. Soon I realized I had always kept moving, thinking, talking, writing, listening, doing. Soon there was no eight-hour or ten-hour assignment to fill up my days. The kids had left home, I had left the wife, the community, the workplace behind. The stark difference here is that I have no right to work. I live in a country where I cannot work, even voluntarily. I never heard of such a place, yet here I am.

Retirees need to learn to slow down. In other words, do less or do nothing at all, without going crazy. I am an expert at filling ice cube trays slowly. I have time to use the bum gun thoroughly. I have more time than I know what to do with. I used to complain that there were only 24 hours in a day, and now that is too many. Now I struggle to fill the unforgiving minute with twenty seconds worth of distance run. I spend some of the spare time reminding myself I do not need to justify my existence by work.

Now I am recovering from my last fast exit from a sport bike when I could have been going slower. Thank God I still have health and mobility. If I can only figure out what to do with it all.

During the day why dont you go for a long walk and look around,then you will realise that you have done the right thing leaving uk.

its so beautiful here how could anyone want to go back to the UK

Where is 'here'

You obviously don't live in bkk??

Btw when i said the UK is a sh*thole it's a term to describe what has happened to the country ie:the general decline,the weather,high taxes,violent crime,prices etc but if we are talking about raw beauty the English countryside is far far more stunning than Thailand could ever be.

I notice bkk is getting cooler every year. When i first got here 5 years ago id always sweat and notice the mugginess and humidity. I dont sweat and dont feel the mugginess and humidity anymore.

Bangkok hasn't got cooler mate, you have adapted to the heat.

Who could be bored when surrounded by such stories?!

Who could be bored when surrounded by such stories?!

100k a week eh but nothing to do with it and no friends :o

When in a High School literature class I had a teacher ask me what I thought about the book we were reading; “The Sun Also Rises” by Earnest Hemingway.

I answered in my smart-alecky teenage wisdom “I think it’s boring.”

He jumped on me and said “Maybe you’re boring the book”. What a dumbass statement I figured in my 16 year old wisdom.

Years later I reread the book and realized he was right.

important life lesson that. more platitudes please, i just cant seem to get enough.

I never knew I was such a hard worker until I retired. Soon I realized I had always kept moving, thinking, talking, writing, listening, doing. Soon there was no eight-hour or ten-hour assignment to fill up my days. The kids had left home, I had left the wife, the community, the workplace behind. The stark difference here is that I have no right to work. I live in a country where I cannot work, even voluntarily. I never heard of such a place, yet here I am.

Retirees need to learn to slow down. In other words, do less or do nothing at all, without going crazy. I am an expert at filling ice cube trays slowly. I have time to use the bum gun thoroughly. I have more time than I know what to do with. I used to complain that there were only 24 hours in a day, and now that is too many. Now I struggle to fill the unforgiving minute with twenty seconds worth of distance run. I spend some of the spare time reminding myself I do not need to justify my existence by work.

Now I am recovering from my last fast exit from a sport bike when I could have been going slower. Thank God I still have health and mobility. If I can only figure out what to do with it all.

since when is a cbr 150 a sport bike?