Making Home Made Beer

jimmi

A couple days ago, I was talking to one of my Thai friends. I told him I use to make my own beer in my home country. I asked him if he knew anywhere I could buy any beer making supplies/equipment. He said NO, It is illeagal to make your own beer, wine, or alcohol in Thailand. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it illeagal, in Thailand, to make your own beer for your own personal consumption? If not illeagal, does anyone know where to buy beer making supplies/equipment. Not that the beer here is bad or too expensive, it is just something I enjoyed doing and would like to start making my own brew again.

:o:D

Out in the sticks the Thais brew their own moonshine and wine, from rice and sugar cane I think.

If they get caught the worst that can happen is they get their wrists smacked and their rig confiscated.

If you're a farang it might be different because you have $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Know what I mean?

About 18 months ago a homebrew wine outlet started up in the lobby of our building (CMIC in Asoke), I never entered as it's not really something I do, and, since it vanished fairly quickly, nobody else did either.

It does however, suggest that at least home wine (from kits) is 'legal' :o

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but making home made wine or beer is illegal - fyi so is distilling spirits including lao khao like my neighbours do :o

Consequently this thread will have to be closed to prevent discussion of an illegal act.

cheers

CB