32 Software On 64 Machine

2008bangkok

Hi title pretty much says it but if i have a 64bit Windows machine and i want to run 32 bit software does it run or vice versa does 64bit software run on 32 bit machines?

thanks

I am running 32-bit software on a 64-bit machine running on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition with SP1. No problems and all 32-bit software are installed in a separate C:\Program Files (x86) folder.

Though never tried 64-bit software on 32-bit machine, but my guess is that it should not work, as they are meant for 64-bit machines and not for 32-bit machines. :o

I run 64 bit Vista for quite a while and so far nearly everything works. The only things that haven't have been the odd minor piece of software written by hardware vendors (the kind of crappy stuff you wouldn't want to run anyway). For example, ASUS PC-probe doesn't work (but maybe, they have a 64 bit version now somewhere).

I run 64 bit Vista for quite a while and so far nearly everything works. The only things that haven't have been the odd minor piece of software written by hardware vendors (the kind of crappy stuff you wouldn't want to run anyway). For example, ASUS PC-probe doesn't work (but maybe, they have a 64 bit version now somewhere).

64 bit version of ASUS PC-Probe is available for download, however it won't start automatically.  Vista will ask you for permission every time it loads.

Guest Reimar

No probs with "normal " software. But Games may having problems. X-Plane 9 didn't works well under Vista 64 bit and the same for FS-X.

Will also check Condor and Silent Wings sometime this weekend.

Cheers.