Flying Sydney, Bangkok, Singapore

Hi there,

I have no intention to return to Australia so want to buy in reality a one way ticket. Actually, my onward ticket to Singapore is just in case of Visa issues at the airport. Will the Singapore onward ticket (for 14 days later) suffice for a VOA.

Also, what is the best I can hope for Visa wise from Sydney consulate. I am working here on a sponsorship visa and about to leave. I hold a UK passport but I hear Sydney is a nightmare and i may not have time to post the passport to Brisbane for a (non guaranteed) Multi O.

Any advice appreciated on this double quandry!

Cheers

watchoutfarang

1. You can not obtain VOA - you are talking about 30 day stamp visa exempt entry and airline is likely to require proof of onward travel within that time period.

2. You should be able to obtain a tourist visa from Consulate without a problem and that should take care of travel on one-way (in most cases).

Thanks Guys,

I'll cover both options with a double entry TV and onward ticket.

Things do get more complicated, however, I am attending a job interview and how would the various visas be turned into a WP if i was successful at the interview? I am a complicated case!!!

Cheers

watchoutfarang

You can not work on a tourist visa - so if you find employment the normal avenue is to make application for work permit and take that receipt paperwork, along with the company paperwork, to a nearby Consulate to obtain a non immigrant B visa. If employment qualifies for immediate one year extension of stay it might be possible to change visa/obtain extension of stay inside Thailand but will cost an extra 2,000 baht for visa in any case.