Siamese Cats Wanted

http://home.earthlink.net/~sarsenstone/thailand.html

http://warisarawkhajorn.spaces.live.com/ph...070D0D!761/

or ask at Ran Raksath. One branch in the parking lot of Airport Plaza, and another in between Carrefour and Makro.

Another option is to have a look at the shelters or temples. They are full with siamese cats.

Nienke

Thanks very much Nienke for the reply.

My understanding is that Sarenstone is not an option. If incorrect I would very much appreciate a telephone number, I do know the gentleman's name.

I couldn't get into your second link and have been talking to Ran Raksath and they may be able to assist early next month but was curious as to options available now which leaves the temple options.

Thanks for answering as you did last time I posted. You are still a 'gentleman'.

Thanks again

Would be wonderful if you check out the Temples. Those kitties really do need loving homes. :D

Wat Pa Pao have some kitties, but not really the typical Siamese kitties (if you are thinking of the brown and cream with blue eyes kind). I would still recommend checking the cats out though. All are loving, very cute and very playful.

Best of luck in finding what you are looking for.

P.s: Nienke is a lady :o

Just found this as well: http://www.chiangmai1.com/chiang_mai/mae_rim.shtml

Sainumphung Orchid and Butterfly Farm

KM. 1 south turn - 400 m. 60 - 61 Moo 6, Mae Rim, Chiang Mai 50180. Hours: 07:00 - 17:00. (Adults 10 Baht.) Also has Siamese cats. Tel: 297892, 297152

And http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/7153/cmai.htm

Apart from its large collection of orchids, Sai Nam Phueng farm has a collection of Siamese cats, a butterfly farm and several kinds of animals, making it a very interesting place to visit. For more information please contact (053) 297-152, 279-892 or 298-771, 2.

Sai Nam Pheung Farm has (or had, as I haven't been there in years. I rather avoid that place) also a shop in Pratoo Haiya. But you may want to contact them.

Some nice articles on the 'common Siamese cats (just to make you fall in LUV with the many temple cats :o):

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/current/chiangmaifemail.shtml

http://www.visit-chiangmai.com/feature_art...ang_mai/cat.php

Nienke

Nienke still struggling with one link but thanks very much indeed. As I presently reside better than 15 floors up I really do need to limit to cats for the time being. Thanks again.

Eek, will do all I can to steer the wife towards a temple but she is looking for siamese as you describe and 2 of so odds are long. Yes I'm aware Nieike is a lady but wasn't first time we corresponded and I expressed my gratitude with 'thanks you are a gentleman'.

And

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/showfeatur...reID=0000000635

UNCERTAIN FUTURE OF TRADITIONAL THAI CATS

Traditional Thai cats are said to be one of the most popular breeds in the world. But very few people appreciate the felines’ presence in their own homeland.

A Thai cat fancier is now fighting to bring them back into the hearts of Thais.

Preecha Pookkhabut, a 71-year-old resident of Samut Songkhram province, some 70 kilometres south of Bangkok, dedicates the final chapter of his life to write a new episode of traditional Thai cat history.

There were 17 breeds of traditional Thai cats, as recorded in an ancient manuscript, dating back some four hundred years. However, only four breeds survive today, according to Preecha.

The fear the cats might soon exist only in the memory prompted Preecha to set up the Thai Cats Conservation Center.

“I would like to preserve traditional Thai cats so the new generations would know what the world’s most beautiful cats are like,” said Preecha.

Thai cats had many fanciers around the world, he said, as several Thai cat clubs have been established worldwide. Even two of the four remaining Thai breeds were also registered outside Thailand.

The Vichianmart cat was registered in England after, in 1884, King Rama V gave a pair of them as a farewell gift to a British Consul General. The world knows it as the Siamese cat.

The Sisawart cat was also registered in England by an American visitor under the name of Korat cats.

“Sisawart cat is known as Korat cat as, in 1959, Mrs. Jean Johnson, an American visitor, found a pair of Sisawart cats in Korat province and brought them back to her country for breeding development. She later registered the cats in England as the Korat cat,” said Preecha.

The senior citizen said he was committed to preserving traditional Thai cats, which had been a part of traditional Thai lifestyle since ancient times.

Apart from dedicating himself to breeding kittens for sale at very low prices, the senior citizen can only hope the new generation of Thai people pays more attention to traditional Thai cats.

There's quite some info on the Siamese Cats and its history when you google. Quite interesting. :o

A brief update on some of the links Nienke posted in case others are interested:

Thailand Cat Center, Samut Songkram - They will have kittens available in 8 weeks.

Sainumphung Orchid and Butterfly Farm - They have siamese cats but do not sell.

Sai Nam Phueng - No contact

Ran Raksath - They will have kittens available in 6 weeks

Will update further later

• 2 weeks later...

There is an American gentleman who lives with his Thai wife who run a Siamese cat breeding center just S of Cmai on the E side of the Ping river. Been doing so for several decades now. PM for his details should you wish.

There is an American gentleman who lives with his Thai wife who run a Siamese cat breeding center just S of Cmai on the E side of the Ping river. Been doing so for several decades now. PM for his details should you wish.

Is this a different gentleman to the one already discussed earlier in the thread?

If you don't care about pedigree, danw has a Khao Manee kitten that needs a home, could PM (not sure where he lives). Khao Manee are also known as White Orientals, they are the type of Siamese cat that is all white with blue, green or yellow eyes. Believed to be very lucky bty the thais.

If you don't care about pedigree, danw has a Khao Manee kitten that needs a home, could PM (not sure where he lives). Khao Manee are also known as White Orientals, they are the type of Siamese cat that is all white with blue, green or yellow eyes. Believed to be very lucky bty the thais.

Thanks Sheryl but the wife is set on what is to me the typical siamese cat - white or fawn colour with black markings. We are talking to Thailand cat centre in Bangkok and will try and pay a visit before too long.

Thanks for posting.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to wrap this up the wife has found the cats she was looking for here in Chiang Mai.

Plan A was for 2 Siamese but when we visited Rak Sat's shop between Carrefour and Makro (thanks Nienke) they had 2 Persians there and the wife insisted on taking one of them. We then visited Rak Sat's farm at the owners invitation which is out in Mae Tang just to the north of Chiang Mai and the Siamese we have been looking for was curled up with mum. Wife selected one of the 3 but it will be another 4 weeks before they allow them to leave which is fine.

If anyone is interested they still have the other Siamese kittens available (both white - we reserved the fawn one) and plenty of persians varying from 1 day old to something like 6 weeks plus about a dozen dogs of 2 types which appeared to be cocker spaniel and a smaller terrier and certainly healthy looking and lively.

Cost we were quoted for the Persian in the shop was 5,000 baht and the siamese 2,500. No idea on dogs for either price or availability.

• 2 years later...

Hi all

I know this is a VERY late reply but I have been doing an online search and found this thred via Google.

I live in England and have committed myself to preserving the Khao Manee breed, which is essentially the white cat of Thailand. I came across them almost three years ago, and like most people outside Thailand, had never heard of them, despite having bred Burmese (Suphalak) and Siamese (wichienmaat) for several years. I fell in love immediately, and now have 6 much loved Khao Manees....

cross post edited out...have people PM you; i left your new topic open with full post

Edited by bina
forum rules:cross posting,URLS ...