Rubber Farm Expenses And Revenue Spreadsheet

Pakeha

Buying 70 rai rubber plantation.Good price.Good land.Good trees.Next year ready for tapping.The only problem seems to be the spacing (3x5) too many trees per rai.Is that true and what's the problem with this?

Tks in advance for advices.

Giustino

Hallo,

well... in my humble opinion... looks like not so different from mine. I do not remember exactly the meters but if i'm not wrong in matematic 'cause heavy dinner, i have 1000 tree each 12 rai... more or less is like you than should have 1250 for 12 rai.

Just this days expert from rubber research center visit my plantation and they say everything is very ok.

Hope this can help. Bye, Michele.

Hello Barry

Sounds like you have gotten into rubber in a big way and not done much homework. How much you get depends more on you then the trees. Do you live on or near the plantation.If not you will get what [ whoever is running the show] gives you. Not much I would bet. As I have said before, you can't be an absentee land lord,you can not control anything, money you send for fertiliser etc can just go into someones pocket. Your workers will sit round drinking etc. and you are talking a lot of money to maintain 150 Rai of rubber.

On the bright side when all the trees are up and running and you are getting your true returns, even if it is not run very well, you should get over $50,000 US a year.

The whole rubber game is a mine field for the unwary, thats why you see such big differences in the price of mature plantations, A plantation of 150 Rai of good trees on good land with proper title would be worth [on paper] over 1.5 million US. Bad trees bad land bad title would be worth the lumber value.

Hope thats not too depressing a reply, hope it all goes will, best of luck JIM

hi james ,thanks for the advice ...the land is good ,very good soil ,and we have the proper land title ,so thats not a problem ..we are not there full time yet as me and my wife are still working in ireland to pay for all of this ,im in pub business here in ireland although i do have a diploma in amenity horticulture...ive some experience of what im doing, we are lucky enough because my wifes sister is taking care and overseeing the fertilisering and keeping the ground clean etc...we will move there in a few year ..as we will have to as you say to take care of it......my wifes family are fairly experienced in rubber trees as all of them have rt land in south thailand ,tung song..my wife heard alot of southerners were selling up what they had and buying way more land in loei for smaller money a few year ago..and the climate there too suits them ...chang beer company have 1000 rai of rubber trees sowed there too ,their trees are 3 year old now....im still 35 years old so no rush on me moveing full time for a bit.............you seem to know your stuff on rubber trees .i appreciate the advice...........barry

hi all ive 150 rai of rubber trees in dan sai ,loei ,little over 12,000 trees sowed , they are going on 2 years old now ........do any of ye have a rough idea what we will get back from them when they are ready to harvest , i suppose another 3 or 4 years time they will be getting ready to take rubber from them .......

any information would be great thanks ,,,,,,,,,barry

From SAP's earlier post: "400 kg/rai is still a conservative yield. 600-800 kg/rai are consistently achieved."

So this is the harvest. Times that with your forecasted price of rubber (crystal ball gazing) and you will have your revenue. Take the expenses from this figure and you should have your gross profit. As others have pointed out the expenses can vary wildly based on many things so difficult for anyone else to advise you on.

Sounds like you have a big project underway. Good luck with it and let us know how things work out. Any photos?

thanks yes i will put some photos here ,my wife took some on her camera..........

• 1 year later...