Circles Or Spirals?

I am sure I am way off base with this crazy topic but I was wondering if it is possible or practicle. There are many experienced farmers on here and it sounds like some have engineering backgrounds as well so maybe they might help out with the math.

I have read that rubber tree plantations are taking their toll on soil erosion. The trees are planted in straight rows and allowing the soil to be eroded away fairly quick. Some are planting the trees in a curving pattern trying to reduce the erosion.

No comes my crazy idea. If a rai of land was square and you started in the middle planting 1 tree then from there planted in a 12m circle 12 trees and another 26m cicle of 27 trees (7 meters away) and a final circle of trees that is 40m in diameter with 41 trees. This would give you 81 trees not taking into account the 4 corners of the square rai that is not occupied by the circle of trees. A way to limit erosion? Self irrigating for dry season with holding the water within the ring of trees? I know that this does not take into consideration for tractor access so a tree in each ring would have to go...OR, now this is where more math from the local engineers come in as well as how many more trees in the 4 corners.

If you started in the center of a square rai of land with planting one tree and from there spiralled out with a tree every 3 meters thus keeping the 7 meter between row rule. How many trees could be planted on a square rai of land in theory? Planting this way would give tractor access between the rows but you might get a little dizzy :o Any thoughts on the effects of soil erosion?

Like I said it was pretty far fetched but I am bored and another one of my replies went off to cyber space and there is always the chance that this one will aswell.

Going in circles on 2396

I am sure I am way off base with this crazy topic but I was wondering if it is possible or practicle. There are many experienced farmers on here and it sounds like some have engineering backgrounds as well so maybe they might help out with the math.

I have read that rubber tree plantations are taking their toll on soil erosion. The trees are planted in straight rows and allowing the soil to be eroded away fairly quick. Some are planting the trees in a curving pattern trying to reduce the erosion.

No comes my crazy idea. If a rai of land was square and you started in the middle planting 1 tree then from there planted in a 12m circle 12 trees and another 26m cicle of 27 trees (7 meters away) and a final circle of trees that is 40m in diameter with 41 trees. This would give you 81 trees not taking into account the 4 corners of the square rai that is not occupied by the circle of trees. A way to limit erosion? Self irrigating for dry season with holding the water within the ring of trees? I know that this does not take into consideration for tractor access so a tree in each ring would have to go...OR, now this is where more math from the local engineers come in as well as how many more trees in the 4 corners.

If you started in the center of a square rai of land with planting one tree and from there spiralled out with a tree every 3 meters thus keeping the 7 meter between row rule. How many trees could be planted on a square rai of land in theory? Planting this way would give tractor access between the rows but you might get a little dizzy :o Any thoughts on the effects of soil erosion?

Like I said it was pretty far fetched but I am bored and another one of my replies went off to cyber space and there is always the chance that this one will aswell.

Going in circles on 2396

Single row, triangular spacing will always we the best way to grow trees. Along with growing a secondary crop underneath. Your tractor can go up and down the rows for easy harvesting. You can harvest one, two three rows a day, then move on to the remaining rows. Soil runoff can be collected at the low end and redisputed as needed.

Circular planting would be a disaster! One way in and one way out, with only one large place to turn around in the center. All wasted space, and time.

Nice thought of trying to help the erosion problem though. :D

meandwi