Southern Insurgents Announce Ceasefire

george

... until Thaksin Shinawatra decided to replace the cosy military-resistance-criminal compromise down there by transferring authority to the police.

Could you please clarify ? What was the "the cosy military-resistance-criminal compromise" ? And how did the changes initiated by Thaksin altered this "cosy compromise" ?

Not all that well. I got it from my wife who got it from Sondhi Limthonkul and then I sat in on a casual conversation with some friends and a US political analyst advising companies etc on security and related Thai issues, so I haven't got a strong case. However, I suppose if the crims took someone out they could blame it on the resistance; if the resistance did, they could blame it on the crims, and the military didn't mind if these guys were sorting things out in their own way as long as the military weren't being taken out. I don't know what happened if they started taking out innocent people. I don't think they did that so much until it all started going wrong in about 2003, and Sondhi L. argued it was because of Thaksin's new management policy down there, but I don't know why or how the police would upset the apple cart.

Thank you for this honest report, we all understand that what's going on there is not always what's reported in the offical media.

I don't know if there is many TV members leaving in the south but I guess we would all really appreciate it if they could give us more first hand reports of what's really going on in the southern provinces.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THE BLOODY MUSLIMS THAT CAUSE THE MOST TROUBLE AROUND THE WORLD?

You should stop getting wound up by the constant media bullshit your bombarded with every day.

More people starve to death each year than are murdered by Muslim Extremists, more people die from Malaria, or gun crime for that matter.

Yes, more people have starved to death, but the family of man has responded by producing more food. And yes, malaria has killed more people, but the family of man has responded by going to war against the mosquito. And yes crime has killed a lot of people and the family of man has tried to eliminate it on as many fronts as possible. So, might I infer that you are suggesting a campaign against Muslims Extremists? It would be a messy affair. The numbers I read are, only 10% of Muslims are Extremists. 10% of 1 billion is 100 million. That's a lot of people to have to deal with. Let's say only 10% of the 100 million are really the Extremists we have to deal with. That's still 10 million people whose only purpose in life is to kill Infidels until there are no more Infidels. Pretty grim prospect. The family of man may have to surgically remove a very big part of its family to save the greater family. Solutions anyone? Otis

Hmmm, let's see, we're all supposed to trust folks who behead completely innocent farmers and brutalize everyone that they possibly can?

This could be a ploy to make folks feel safe when there could be a major attack planned in reality.

I honestly hope this is a real peace offering, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not.

Yeah, those who know about the doctrine they subscribe to, we can only be scepticle and suspicious.

For starters...

Qur'an 9:3 "Allah is not bound by any contract or treaty with non-Muslims, nor is His Apostle."

Qur'an 9:7 "How can there be a covenant between Allah and His Messenger and the disbelievers"

Qur'an 97:5 "There is peace until the dawning of the day!"

And then there is this... the deception...

Bukhari:V7B67N427 "The Prophet said, 'If I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.'"

Qur'an 9:3 "Allah and His Messenger dissolve obligations."

Qur'an 66:1 "Allah has already sanctioned for you the dissolution of your vows."

Bukhari:V4B52N268 "Allah's Apostle said, 'War is deceit.'"

Qur'an 4:142 "Surely the hypocrites strive to deceive Allah. He shall retaliate by deceiving them."

I cant find the hadith at the moment, but there is also a concept of making peace or a treaty, only until they have amassed enough strength to fight again.... then break it, as in the above verses.

But then again, they may have lost favor with their rebel allies in Malaysia... or simply got a better deal with the Thai authorities.

We are all so quick to judge other religions for this mess. Understandably religion has been the basis of many battles and quarrels over the centuries. Look in the Bible and you can take out many quotes like this and either misuse or misinterpret them. Christians have also done a lot of killing in the past. Maybe we should not say Muslims or Islamism are all at fault but more put the blame on religion and extremist of their beliefs.

Hear hear.

The group said the it saw that it was about time for the group to stop the insurgency as the group wanted to remain with Thailand instead of fighting for an independence.

-- Bangkok Post 2008-07-17

I reckon Samak's offer of free electricity, water and a couple of Baht off gas must have swung it and brought out their patriotism. :o

True...one can never discount the possibility of some 'very famous and very rich businessman' who bankrolled the current ruling party is behind this sudden and surprising 'buy' that looks so cool and so impressive ! It's best to wait and watch to see how this unfolds and what really lies at the heart at of all this. Just speculating and it could be totally inaccurate but given the long topsy turvy history of the said gentleman's style and in the context of the current political crisis, nothing can be ruled out...

what?

=============================================================================

Guarded welcome, scepticism regarding southern 'ceasefire'

BANGKOK, July 17 (TNA) - Response to the oddly-announced 'ceasefire' in the insurgency-wracked southernmost Thai provinces was welcomed Thursday, but with much caution and skepticism, as the broadcast raised as many questions as it answered.

Neither the government nor the military command officially responded to the announcement, and no one appeared to know the identities of the men on camera.

Meanwhile business, community and political figures reacted with guarded welcome and skepticism.

The head of the Thai Chamber of Commerce urged the public to watch closely to see just how far the ethnic Malay insurgents who announced a return to peace on national television earlier in the day will be sincere and honor their pledge to institute a ceasefire throughout the border region.

Thai Chamber of Commerce Chairman Pramon Suthiwong said he was uncertain whether there was a hidden motive or benefit behind the announcement by three men claiming to represent 11 underground insurgent groups that the militants would end their armed struggle in the three southernmost provinces – Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.

Mr. Pramon urged the public to not to give too much credence to the announcement, but to wait and see its result.

However, if the ceasefire is genuine, trade, investment and tourism in the South -- and not only the insurgency-troubled provinces -- will improve while the residents of the region would have a peaceful life, Mr. Pramon said.

Director Thanawat Polvichai of the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC) Economic and Business Forecasting Center said security officials would be able to confirm whether the insurgents' announcement of the ceasefire is genuine or not.

If peace returns, it will benefit the Thai economy in general, and foreign tourists would visit the region in larger numbers again.

Three men calling themselves the Thailand United Southern Underground group representing 11 insurgent organisations operating in the region announced via a satellite television broadcast that they had negotiated a ceasefire beginning July 14.

The ceasefire was negotiated between the unknown insurgent group with retired Army Gen. Chetta Thanajaro, leader of the Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana political party.

Gen. Chetta, a former defense minister, said later Thursday he personally believed the three men represented insurgent groups and that they wanted to cease operations.

"The outcome should be known within the next 30 days," *or an hour and a half* Gen. Chetta said, adding that he would solely take the responsibility if anything happens.

Gen. Chetta said he would formally inform Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej of the ceasefire through Army chief Gen. Anupong Paochinda, stressing that he had not informed the prime minister earlier because negotiations were conducted under the utmost confidentiality without conditions.

The former Army chief reasoned that negotiations with the insurgent leaders could not be made through government channels because they were made through several middlemen.

He thanked Malaysia and several neutral countries who had given their support during the negotiations process.

Deputy Prime Minister/Finance Minister Surapong Suebwonglee expressed joy at the announcement, saying that tourism and border trade, especially in Hat Yai district near Thai-Malaysian border, should recover and the economy should improve in the next few months.

Meanwhile, Narathiwat Democrat MP Jeh-aming Tohtayong was sceptical because he and other villagers who sat together watching the announcement on television did not know the trio who appeared on the broadcast and were not sure that the men were really leading members of the group having had authority to make such a promise.

Mr. Jeh-aming said he had many questions including details about Gen. Chettha's role in brokening the accord, in what capacity, and whether the government knew about it.

However, he said, if this was not a practical joke, it would be good for the country and could help resolve the violence in the deep south.

The Democrat MP said he would monitor the situation in the southern provinces for several days to see whether the situation would become better.

Edited by sriracha john

30078343-01.jpg

[Former Science and Technology Minister in the Thaksin administration, former Defense Minister in the Thaksin administration and current Leader of Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana Party and] Former Army Chief Gen Chettha Thanajaro speaks to reporters after a group of self-proclaimed rebel leaders announced ceasefire in the southern provinces of Thailand.

The Nation

================================================================================

Thai rebels agree "ceasefire" but analysts sceptical

Reuters - 28 minutes ago

BANGKOK - A group claiming to be the leaders of a four-year-old separatist insurgency in Thailand's Muslim south said on Thursday they had agreed to a ceasefire, but analysts were very skeptical.

"All our fighting groups, both military and political groups, will support peace in the south from now on," a spokesman for the unnamed umbrella group said in a statement broadcast on army TV.

If true, it would be the first time the shadowy rebels have claimed responsibility for the near daily bomb and gun attacks that have killed more than 3,400 people and hit rubber production in the predominately Muslim provinces bordering Malaysia.

Chettha Thanajaro, a former army commander-in-chief and defence minister, said the agreement came after he had negotiated privately with 11 rebel groups since last year.

"They need to keep their word. If there is no violence in the next week, *or the next hour and a half* then the government will get involved and start talking to them more," he said.

The government shed little light on Chettha's statement, while army chief General Anupong Paochinda said he "does not know of these people".

Chettha did not name the group or the two rebels who appeared on television, clad in khaki vests and round caps worn by Muslim men, against the backdrop of a blue, white and yellow flag.

Analysts were skeptical of the announcement.

"Everyone is extremely suspicious and it seems as if it may be a hoax of some sort. No one seems to recognize the flag either," an analyst at a Bangkok-based security firm said.

Panitan Wattanayagorn, a political analyst and security expert at Bangkok's Chulalongkorn University, was also cautious. "In the past, it (the government) has met people claiming to represent insurgents in the region, but the violence never stops," he said.

Three hours after the broadcast, rebels wounded one soldier in an ambush on an army patrol in Yala, one of three southernmost provinces home to most of Thailand's 6 million Muslims.

Separatist rebels waged a low-level guerrilla war in the densely forested region throughout the 1970s and 1980s, but their campaign petered out in the 1990s under a more conciliatory, democratic government in Bangkok.

However, violence flared anew in 2004 shortly after then Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a former policeman, dismantled an army-run organisation that included civilians and Muslim religious leaders, and put police in charge of security.

Thaksin flooded the region with 30,000 troops and police, but it further alienated the population, especially after 78 Muslim men arrested after a protest died of suffocation in army custody.

Edited by sriracha john

apparently, the Army boss has now tracked down and sorted out who he is... someone who hasn't been involved in things for 21 YEARS... :o

30078348-01.jpg

Mali Peng Khan

Army Chief Anupong identifies rebel leader

Army chief General Anupong Paochinda identified on Thursday the self-proclaimed speaker of separatist groups who announced an end to the violence in the south.

Anupong identified him as Mali Peng Khan, a former militant who was active in 1984-1987. He said Mali Peng became inactive after 1987.

Anupong said Mali Peng had tried to unify various separatist groups, but failed because the members did not believe in his leadership.

The Army Chief insisted, "Fundamentally, there is no and will be no negotiation with separatist. Only legal procedure against them can be taken."

Any attempt to negotiate with the separatists is "unacceptable." *The current Army Chief needs to have a word with the former Army Chief on that matter then.*

Anupong said he had no prior knowledge about the Thursday's announcement on Army-run TV5.

"I was only informed about that Chetta wanted to talk about the violence in the south," Anupong said.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

apparently, the Army boss has now tracked down and sorted out who he is... someone who hasn't been involved in things for 21 YEARS... :o

You sound so happy !!!

Insurgents will still beat up teachers to death and behead monks but, God preserve, the PPP and Thaksin won't be able to take advantage of the situation ...

You sound so happy !!!

Insurgents will still beat up teachers to death and behead monks but, God preserve, the PPP and Thaksin won't be able to take advantage of the situation ...

I am happy that this charade is unraveling so quickly and hopefully may provide an impetus to the current government to do something.

Edited by sriracha john

I'm told they are real : Gen Chetta

Former Army chief Gen Chetta Thanajaro confirmed that the men who announced the end of operation in the southern region of Thailand were the real rebel leaders.

"They confirmed to me and our reliable mediators that they are leaders of the insurgency in the south. We are very confident on the matters," Chetta said.

Many people have expressed doubts on the unexpected announcement of ceasefire by the three men who self proclaimed that they were leaders of the insurgents. The Thai army's spokesman said the army did not know or never contacted them.

Chetta said he believed the announcement came as they were bored of the fightings and did not want to see loss of lives any more.

He declined to name the three men, particularly the spokesman, saying that he is surely chief of the 11-sets of insurgents.

He said he himself would take responsible if the announcement happened to be a hoax.

-- The Nation 2008-07-17

He said the statement was recorded on tape.

Well that ought to make a difference!!! "Hey guys, we got 'em on tape this time!"

It's like a mugger announcing "There will be no more muggings from tomorrow."

You sound so happy !!!

I am happy that this charade is unraveling so quickly and hopefully may provide an impetus to the current government to do something.

HOORAY, the terrorist have surrenderd, Bring the troops back home NOW! Stop inciting those poor Muslim people who only want to live in peace! Lets

have a parade of celebration in Songkla and Pattani

and welcome our Muslim brothers and sisters back

into the fold. What a grand day for all mankind !!!

Perhaps we could send the peace maker to Iraq, Somalia, Iran, Pakistan, Afganistan etc. to use his

magic powers to bring peace and understanding to the terrorists in those places. OOPS wrong thread

It is intended for the Jokes-Riddles and Puzzels thread, sorry I am.

Read on MSN Malaysia considering kicking out present leader, know nothing about politics here, but maybe this, coupled with the

Thai "invasion of troops" at the Cambodia temple could have them thinking is afoot? Better the devil you know scenario!

Oops just had a thought there, maybe they're telling fibs?????????? and it's a big trick!!!!!!

Edited by mamanoodle

THE BLOODY MUSLIMS THAT CAUSE THE MOST TROUBLE AROUND THE WORLD?

You should stop getting wound up by the constant media bullshit your bombarded with every day.

More people starve to death each year than are murdered by Muslim Extremists, more people die from Malaria, or gun crime for that matter.

Bombarded with media BS? Goof grief!! There wouldn't be constant media attention if there weren't so dam_n many Muslims behaving like barbarians.

Besides that, the mainstream media totally whitewashes and under-reports Islamic atrocities. BBC is practically al-Jazeera with their totally biased reporting on Islam. The media in the United States is very uncomfortable in attributing religious motivations to violence - they may refer to a Muslim "honour murderer" as an "immigrant" and we are told that it is a "cultural" practice, as opposed to a common practice among members of a certain religion that we must not name. In France, Muslim uprisings and riots are reported on as "disaffected youths", in the UK they are (mis)called "Asians". Whitewashing.

Starvation is due to lack of food; Malaria is a disease - these are dishonest and false comparisons, not to mention logical fallacies.

"Gun crime", in the great majority of cases, is not religiously motivated (and any portion of the data that was religiously motivated, would be misclassified).

Ever hear of the genocide in Sudan? Yes, Khartoum's genocidal war against Sudan's Christians is religiously motivated. http://frontpagemag.com/articles/Read.aspx...45-4CD1BF0FE115

How many years has this been going on, and only just now the ICC wants to prosecute the Pres. of Sudan.

Instead of spewing false comparisons and trying the hide the gorilla in the closet,

let's talk FACTS and more meaningful comparisons:

* There have been over 10,000 Islamic terror attacks since 9/11 around the world. Source: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

* More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Inquisition

* More civilians were killed by Muslim extremists in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland. Source: http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/issues/violence/death95w.htm

* Islamic terrorists murder more people everyday than the Ku Klux Klan has in the last 50 years. Source: http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/f...nchingyear.html

Also a note about the 10,000 terror attacks list:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.htm

This list....is incomplete because only a small percentage of attacks were picked up by international news sources, even those resulting in multiple loss of life. These are not incidents involving nominal Muslims killing for money or personal pride. We include attacks that can reasonably be determined to have been committed by Muslims out of religious duty - as interpreted by the perpetrator.

We usually list only attacks that result in loss of life (with a handful of exceptions). In several cases, the victims are undercounted because deaths from trauma caused by the Islamists may occur in later days, despite the best efforts of medical personnel to keep the victims alive.

In addition, what we dont have statistic for, because Islamic countries do not report these is:

How many "honour killings" happen each year?

How many wives die as a result of Allah-sanctioned beatings from their husbands?

How many ex-Muslims are murderred for apostacy?

How many Muslims women are stoned to death because they were caught with a man whom they were not married to?

etc.,etc.,etc....

What IS bullshit, is that there are people out there who pretend this isn't happening, and try to convince others that there is no problem by using false analogies and inappropriate comparisons. The UK is in a sad state of affairs at the moment because of too many of these types - now they may have Shariah law instituted - as an immensely ignorant judge just declared "partial shariah" permissible (little does he know, for Muslims who want Shariah, there is no such thing as partial). Two days later, there are Imams demanding full Shariah, amputations and all. Welcome to Englandistan.

Edited by ChefHeat

This is almost as absurd as the announcement of Chalerm :D seeking the Justice Ministry top post. I'll tell you what; this country's politics are the very best soap-opera on this world's stage. Just too bad that millions have to suffer . . . . . This country isn't ready for democracy, this country needs a benevolent dictator: ME ! :D

Soap Opera...mmmmhhh

Could be, they got it from Thaksin, he was watching with his kids often, and praised the soaps in the press. Guess was his style of edu(social*)-program (*to keep the voters happy and low-IQed)

Thaksin? Soap Opera? Chalerm? Suicide car-bomb against Thaksin? Apparantly bombs against PAD's (once they are opposing for the first time the gov-building just recently? Populist X-mas (running the whole year) - presents (cows, title-deads, 30thb hospital 2 years ago now free rides, water, electrictiy)? Mega-projects also coming in the south?

Get what I mean?

By the way funny no-one noticed in the press (or is not to be noticed as they all saw it?) that both men are wearing equally similar strange grey hair (guess all fake: beard, mustache, thick eyebrowes, grey hair)! Soap opera as it cheapest level, non-existing flags, with logos, music and intro fading after/b4 the movies? Made in Germany? These two Asian don't sound like they would be so greyish, do they?

Produced by Low-IQ politicians and their friends? Just wondering and even more wondering what they are trying to achieve?

Watch the soapers (or what or they?) here:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/07/17...al_30078331.php

Your comments?

Soap or Real (even with masks which would be understandable, if they are trying to play leaders?)

Any bets on Soap? :o

Didn't we had a similar fake solution for the south recently. I just thought 3 years ago we something similar promised by gov officials (tee-clan). ...mmmhhh soap ...

TIT

Update:

Claim of peace rejected

Army, Pulo cast doubt on breakthrough after '100 years of violence'

Claim of peace rejected

Former Army chief General Chettha Thanajaro claimed to have brokered the peace deal with the insurgent groups.

The Thai Army chief and leaders of Malay Muslim separatist groups distanced themselves yesterday from an announcement by the self-proclaimed spokesman of 11 "underground" separatist groups that the 100-year-old insurgency in the troubled South had come to an end.

Kasturi Mahkota, foreign affairs chief of the Patani United Liberation Organisation (Pulo), said he was unaware of the affiliation of the three men whose videotaped statement was aired on Army-run Channel 5, during which they declared that the struggle was over.

General Anupong Paochinda identified the self-proclaimed leader as Malipeng Khan, a former separatist leader who was active from 1984-87 and who tried but failed to unify various insurgent factions.

But an Army intelligence officer who claimed he met Malipeng in Egypt and Syria about a decade ago cast doubt on whether it was him or his brother Shamsudin as the person had dyed hair and a fake moustache.

Chettha Thanajaro, a former Army chief and defence minister, claimed to have brokered the "breakthrough" in the armed conflict with the help of unnamed foreign countries and international agencies.

"From July 14 onwards, all the militant and political units of our group will support peace formation in Thailand," said the group's leader, who did not give his name.

He said any unit failing to abide by the decision would be considered renegade and that measures would be taken to "eliminate" it. In the background was a flag that other separatist and exiled leaders said was unfamiliar to them.

Kasturi said Pulo was looking into the matter and declined to say if the footage was a hoax.

Other separatist leaders, who spoke on condition of anonymity, raised similar questions about the broadcast, saying it was unlikely the separatist movements in the deep South, or anywhere else for that matter, would lay down their weapons unconditionally after nearly a century of struggle.

And if the ceasefire does not come through, Chettha could conveniently put the blame on the separatist movements on the ground, they said.

Exiled and official sources said discussions between the Thai Army and the separatist movements had been conducted quietly with the help of international mediators but that at the current stage were not considered formal "negotiations".

Kasturi said as far as he was concerned: "Nothing has changed, and the dialogue with the Thai authorities is still in the pipeline."

Speaking to a group of reporters later in the afternoon, Chettha, leader of the Ruam Jai Thai Chart Pattana Party, a minor member of the governing six-party coalition, appeared to retreat from his earlier stance.

He said he was not entirely sure of the standing of the three men who appeared in the videotape but maintained the announcement was not bogus.

"I would not have been the only one fooled," he said.

Chettha said his associates told him the three men, whom he declined to name, were the actual leaders of the separatist movements.

When asked to explain why the bomb attacks on police headquarters in Yala and Pattani took place on the day when the ceasefire was to come into effect, namely July 14, Chetta said the movement's command/control/communications system was not as efficient as the Army's.

"They need time to get the word out to their men on the ground," Chetta said.

-- The Nation 2008-07-18

Quote :-

Let's give peace a chance

The last person spouting that mantra got himself shot.

Quote :-

It's a bit sad to realize that some individual will actually rejoice every time people will be killed or maimed in the south.

I felt the same way about the needless deaths of 'suspected' drug dealers

Pierrot? French for clown? How apt.

So what deal has Thailand made with the US that allows them to be thrown this banana? Offshore oil and gas? GM crops? Secret prisons?

It's to pay for GW's upcoming throw down in Thailand prior to him throwing down at the Olympics. I wish I could go to the one in China, but I'm boycotting the Olympics because GW and the Dali Lama are golf buddies. GW doesn't like bananas anyway. He jokes, in his own way, that they're for monkeys.

I always thought insurgent meant fighters from a different country, but it is the correct word. Terrorism is a war tactic. Terrorists are fighting for something. Except for maybe France, every country has used terrorism. How can I make my letters bigger?

Just another episode in the ongoing Thai drama - if it wasn't so serious it would make a top viewing soapie.

I thought it was a soap opera when it came on television... did you see the cast of characters?

south.jpg

A man is watching a television broadcast of a group of people claimed to be leaders of southern insurgency on Thursday. They say they agree to a ceasefire in the restive South.

Bangkok Post

Loads of negative input from everyone especially SJ. Be as negative and critical as you like but in the end we are talking about lives of people both young and old that have had to live in fear for many years now. We are lucky this has not moved to Bangkok in any significant way that would have had us second guessing if it was safe to walk on the streets throughout Thailand. I hope for the benefit of all Thai's that this will have a significant effect to eventually result in the south returning to a peaceful life devoid of the threat of violence and cruel deaths that have occurred.

For you naysayers, continue on your raving(how many insignificant post can you make!!!). So there will be continued bombing and more deaths. Time will only tell, only a sway in the general movement away from the tactics of violence employed will eventually result in peace. I hope for Thailand benefit that this is the "first step" in acheiving this result......... it does appear to be a major acheivement and annoucement.

Just another episode in the ongoing Thai drama - if it wasn't so serious it would make a top viewing soapie.

I thought it was a soap opera when it came on television... did you see the cast of characters?

south.jpg

A man is watching a television broadcast of a group of people claimed to be leaders of southern insurgency on Thursday. They say they agree to a ceasefire in the restive South.

Bangkok Post

Loads of negative input from everyone especially SJ. Be as negative and critical as you like but in the end we are talking about lives of people both young and old that have had to live in fear for many years now. We are lucky this has not moved to Bangkok in any significant way that would have had us second guessing if it was safe to walk on the streets throughout Thailand. I hope for the benefit of all Thai's that this will have a significant effect to eventually result in the south returning to a peaceful life devoid of the threat of violence and cruel deaths that have occurred.

For you naysayers, continue on your raving(how many insignificant post can you make!!!). So there will be continued bombing and more deaths. Time will only tell, only a sway in the general movement away from the tactics of violence employed will eventually result in peace. I hope for Thailand benefit that this is the "first step" in acheiving this result......... it does appear to be a major acheivement and annoucement.

Do you understand that this has been a hoax, a fraud, a sham, an untruth... do you understand that there is no ceasefire?

I had several beautiful close friends who are from Yala and Pattani, and their speaking accent are far different than what those guys had talked in.

If the intention are to notify and force their group to cease fire, why are they talking in a complete Malaysia accent but not Yala or Pattani accent? I can completely understand what Malaysian people's accent but when my friends from Yala and Pattani speaks in their Jawi accent, I could hardly understand them.

I really pray and hope that things would finally settle down, so that we wouldnt have problem on both sides of the land.

When I passed the PAD mob station in Hat Yai, they talked about the subject and it seems that PAD's are putting negative statements on the topic again.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

My wife says it's a soap operaish setup by the government and nothing else and you are right about the accent. The exact same thing was mentioned on the PAD Stage last evening, where basically the same thing was said, PPP govt. has done nothing valuable since elected, deeply in trouble is trying desperately to appease the people with false news of peace, deception and lies are nothing new here with this bunch. The picture looks like cheap actors with a cheap make up job, especially the gray hair, looks so fake.

south.jpg

Bangkok Post

You are right- I commented to my wife (Thai) who agreed that they looked like memebrs of the local theatrical group - and bad actors at that