No Water Supply In Hua-hin!

For the past three weeks at least we have had no water supply on soi 126 and beleive that that is the case in most of Hua-Hin. We understand that the Pranburi Dam have said that they will no longer supply Hua-Hin with water, but no more information is forthcoming.

Does anybody have any information as to what is happening?

We have heard that the Tessaban have said that they have got the money in place to install a new or upgraded feedline but that they are still getting quotes from contractors. Where the water will come from on this new/upgraded feed is a mystery!

We are tankering water in and the driver/owwner has told me that he is obtaining the water from the Tessaban and paying some 340Baht for 6000litres of clean water, which is a darn sight more than we would have to pay for the same litreage of water - so the Tessaban would appear to be doing very nicely thank you! Maybe this is one way of raising revenue for the new/upgraded line, who knows?

For the past three weeks at least we have had no water supply on soi 126 and beleive that that is the case in most of Hua-Hin. We understand that the Pranburi Dam have said that they will no longer supply Hua-Hin with water, but no more information is forthcoming.

We have heard that the Tessaban have said that they have got the money in place to install a new or upgraded feedline but that they are still getting quotes from contractors. Where the water will come from on this new/upgraded feed is a mystery!

We are tankering water in and the driver/owwner has told me that he is obtaining the water from the Tessaban and paying some 340Baht for 6000litres of clean water, which is a darn sight more than we would have to pay for the same litreage of water - so the Tessaban would appear to be doing very nicely thank you! Maybe this is one way of raising revenue for the new/upgraded line, who knows?

Thai entreprenuers, what a concept !

Thai entreprenuers, what a concept !

We live just off Soi 116 and no water problems here (yet)....

Haven't heard any other problems with water in Hua Hin. How far from Petchkasem Rd. do you live?

I've never measured it from the road to the estate, but I would imagine that it is about 3kms.

I don't know if the 'Queens Low Cost Housing for Thai's' , which is on the front of the Phetkasem road just before Soi 126 is having a new feed put in - heck of a lot of single room apartments going to occupied when this lot is completed and hence a lot of water going to needed, so HOPEFULLY they will have factored that into the build, I say HOPEFULLY. About 10 months ago I met some of the engineers who were working on the build when I was out for a meal and they told my wife and I that a 'New Water Main' was planned for this developmet and assured us that we would not get a reduced supply, in fact the converse; as we would be supplied by this in the future. Maybe this is the cause of the problem at the moment but I don't know.

Anybody else got the same problem and where are you located? I would be interested to know, then we can approach the Tessaban with some more facts. Apparently people on the 'Baan Thai' development on Soi 126 have received letters from the Tessaban apologising for the water shortage, but NO explanation or statement of when the problem will be resolved.