Bb Gun To Uk

jaiyenyen

Hi

I'm thinking of taking a BB gun back to the UK.

As this will be a gift, it will still be in it's box, and packed in my suitcase, which will be in the hold.

Can anyone foresee any problems?

Yes. Don't do it.

Can you imagine trying to explain what it is when it get's x-rayed at Swampy? Good luck! :o

If you must get one buy it in the UK, although I can't see for the life of me why someone would want one in the first place :D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

Hi

As this will be a gift, it will still be in it's box, and packed in my suitcase, which will be in the hold.

I for one would definatley not risk it even in the hold, anyway there cheaper in UK than here,you can even get them in Poundland and Poundworld there.

Hi

Yes. Don't do it.

Can you imagine trying to explain what it is when it get's x-rayed at Swampy? Good luck! :o

If you must get one buy it in the UK, although I can't see for the life of me why someone would want one in the first place :D

RAZZ

Yes, I know a guy who bought a Bosch pistol grip electric drill and put it in his check in luggage. Whilst enjoying a pre-flight beer he heard his name being paged and had to go and open up the bag to show the security what it was. This wasn't at Suvarnabhumi, actually a domestic flight from HCMC, but it shows it can and does happen.

Actually depending on the appearance of the bb gun it may be illegal :o .

These toys if they appear to be accurate replicas of real weapons are prohibited. It is now illegal in the UK to purchase, manufacture or import such a replica toy without having a recognized license (if you had one before the Act became law you are ok).This is why you see a lot of toy guns with strange lumps of orange/red plastic on them now.

Most people who have such a license are members of the airsoft hobby which is a relative of paintball.

It is also untrue that air rifles are free of restriction. Beyond a fixed fps an air rifle must be licensed (sorry can't remember the threshold).This is to stop Mr. Average buying gamekeepers air rifles which are generally used to kill large vermin (foxes etc),these weapons certainly could kill a human.

If you purchase in the UK from a genuine retailer you can safely(?) assume it will be within UK regulations but importing your favourite toy from abroad might land you in some grief as UK customs and police have a lower sense of humour regarding 'firearms' than they do with knives.

Having said that on my last inspection I told the firearms officer I wanted to store 5kg's of gunpowder in the house and he suggested I just stick it on top of the wardrobe :D

As far as I'm aware, air rifles and pistols do not need a license in the UK, so I imagine a BB gun would be similar.

Depends on a few things including power. More than a very low power (12 foot/pound I think) and you need a fire arms licence of some kind.

I have been wanting a BB gun or pellet gun to use around the house here. I have kept my eye out but have never seen any real ones, only the cheap plastic guns that shoot plastic bbs.

What is available and from where?

I went through a phase making blow guns and darts here to occupy my time but that has worn off now.

Thanks.

Hi

Yes. Don't do it.

if you inform the airline when checking in there shouldn't be any problems. did it twice when flying from the U.S. to Germany and that was two years after the sep11th terrorist attack. as these were "real" weapons i had to sign an affidavit that ammunition was neither in the gun nor in my checked luggage as well that i have the permit to import the weapon. don't know though how things are handled at "Swampy Airport".

Edited by Naam

I brought 2 pellet rifles in to thailand last year from states. Took them apart and wrapped in them up in shrink and bubble wrap. Packed in tha bag the retsrictions list for the airline (eva) and the tsa stuff and taped to the items. Thought i would just let them go but at last minute changed my mind and let eva know they were in my checked baggage. said should not be a problem and he would notify head office (taipei). So off i went to airport. no problem u.s. side... and really no problem thai side. Since i was flying in to bkk and directly out to c.m. had my bags tagged for c.m. They did get held up in bkk for a while but i went out to get them later in the day and customs opened one bag and barely looked in it. Said thank you and i was on my way....

Living out in maejo near colf course love having em for the occasinal rats , tookays and mangy soi dogs.....

I have done it both ways telling the airline what I was doing and not, no problem either way. But, that was coming to Thailand.

The question , again statement above, is the legality of the item in the country to which you are going. This is not a big deal, legal do it, illegal don't.

I hear Gwantanimo Bay is nice this time of year ! :D

Do us all a favour and get you travel collegue to film the trip for YouTube or YouBeenFramed! I think it will be hilarious! :D:D:D

Dave

p.s. I think legally you have to be Thai and have gun permit over here, so expect an interesting lesson in Thai at Swampy :o

p.p.s. I hear orange boilersuits and shackles are this seasons colour, fashion-wise

Edited by Dave the Dude

its no problem to buy a bb gun in thailand and ship it to uk

only need to make sure its packed and in your main lugage bb guns are not on the forbidden arms list and will not get you into trouble in thailand or uk.