July 25, 200818 yr I have a 12 year old VW and i'm wanting to know if i can use gasohol 95 in my car?? i usually put in 91 or regular 95... Any idea's??
July 25, 200818 yr You really need to talk to the manufacturer, but you can bet they'll give some sort of nondescript answer (BMW gave me the run around until I gave up and sold the car) There are some websites about regarding compatibility, unfortunately most don't reference the exact models available in Thailand. Certainly, at that age, if it has a Bosch fuel injection system it is NOT gasohol compatible. Personally, if it's happy on 'real' 91 then I'd stick to it, unfortunately, our wonderful government want to force gasohol 91 on us too (and my bike, strimmer and water pump will NOT run on it ). Edited July 25, 200818 yr by Crossy "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
July 26, 200818 yr I found an Austrailian website some time ago when I was looking at getting a second car - from the data I copied: VW ------ All fuel injected models post 1986 (Gasohol friendly.) This might be the link. (Can't tell myself as it does not appear to be resolving DNS on this ISP.) However for the car I was interested in (Also a BMW BTW) neither the secondhand dealer nor the Pattaya main agent could commit to comment other than "...there's nothing to say it won't, so it should be OK...." HTH.
Create an account or sign in to comment