Do You Think General Topics Needs Another Poll?

Robski

Do you think General Topics needs another poll?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A poll is nothing if you didn't vote. :o

Currently 'Burble burble bibeldy poll plop.' is taking over 65% of the votes and I think that just about sums it up.

Edited by Robski

I can't see why inane polls can't be a subsection to the General forum.

I also think they should have the results already worked out so I don't have to wait to see the outcome.

And of course I would like to ban posts that simply complain about the related poll. Either make a contribution or shut up. If you don't like the poll, walk away.

A good poll requires minimal internet computing skills (even I can do it, and so can you most likely). It is far more difficult to choose the options. As has been said, you need common sense or IQ to think of the choices.

For example: I would like to see a poll about PAD, but do not know the situation well enough. Do you approve of their methods in 2006 but feel their current methods are bad? Are they anti-Thaksin and anti-PPP? Are their leaders as corrupt as the majority parties? But do not ask about the monarchy. Are they using almost entirely non-violent methods, and their opposition is violent? Is it a movement of the middle class, urged on by certain Bangkok elites? Is TRT/PRP truly populist, or incipient demagogues (whatever that means)?

It is the same with good opening posts. You can make them; you just have to think about what to say.

Not sure what a "burbly burbly bibeldy poll plop" is but that was my vote as it is a catchy phrase. :o

I think that was a sound he heard while using the hong nam, and thought it would be interesting to see how many people voted for his morning "symphony" ! :D

should be moved immediately to "Farang Pub". :o

Care to explain why the Pub?

I'll take a wild guess here and suggest that JetsetBkk is thinking that so many of these polls lately are more "entertainment" than anything else, they should be lumped in to the Pub along with all the word games and other "entertainment" articles ?

That's just a guess though, as my psychic powers are dampened at the moment by distance and lack of alcohol ! :D

should be moved immediately to "Farang Pub". :D

Care to explain why the Pub?

I'll take a wild guess here and suggest that JetsetBkk is thinking that so many of these polls lately are more "entertainment" than anything else, they should be lumped in to the Pub along with all the word games and other "entertainment" articles ?

That's just a guess though, as my psychic powers are dampened at the moment by distance and lack of alcohol ! :D

100% correct, Kerry! :o