Engine Won't Start With Oil.

i recently went to LPG shop to tune it. they tuned it and since then it has gone really economical. I drive a lot but still it is not consuming lot of gas which is really making me happy.

However, i have noticed my car won't start with oil like before. i swap between gas and oil for better performance of my engine.

what could be the problem?

thanks so much,

regards,

Sunny

If it runs and starts fine on LPG, just leave it like that. That is where your engine is set for now.

I donot understand " the better performance " part when switching between benzine ( oil?) and lpg.

mmmm, donot believe everything people tell you, but running the engine on benzine ones in a while is ok, it keeps the benzine system current and functioning.

But if it runs smooth on lpg and has an acceptable consumption, i very much doubt you will improve your engine, or make it more smooth.

Hi sunny747, some people who run gas all the time us an upper cylinder lubrication kit, which is an add on.

Flashlube Lubrication Kit is popular here. Do a web search for more info.

As to why your car isn't running on benzene.....how long is a piece of string? Full details would be needed for an educated guess!

Hi sunny747, some people who run gas all the time us an upper cylinder lubrication kit, which is an add on.

Flashlube Lubrication Kit is popular here. Do a web search for more info.

As to why your car isn't running on benzene.....how long is a piece of string? Full details would be needed for an educated guess!

thanks BSJ. Well, ever since i tuned my lpg system for economical purpose, car not starting with oil anymore. I drove my car with oil many times. i even tried to start with lpg and then switch to oil still no luck. The engine would just stop with a cracking sound. Feels like the engine wants to start but not getting enough oil.

sometimes, while on cold engine or in the morning, i usually face hard time to start the car even on LPG. But once the engine is hot through out the day, i don't have any problem.

I know this is a really, really, really, stupid question, but there is fuel in the tank isn't there? :o

If there is and it ran on petrol before it was tuned, then take it back and tell them to fix it :D

If you have a Flashlube then there is no need to run on petrol other than to keep the fuel system working.

This is precisely the reason that I think LPG or CNG is not the answer. I don't want to destroy the original fuel system. When the dual fuel system is perfected, that's when I will consider making the change. Half LPG or CNG and half gasoline will suit me fine.

• 2 weeks later...

recently i took my car to mitsubishi service. they fixed the problem saying my oil pump was licking. anyway, My engine would start with oil and run smooth. But they messed up with my lpg system as they are not expert in LPG. When on LPG, the car will lose power and engine will shut off.

then i took it to Lpg shop and in 2 minutes they tuned it for me. Since then lpg system is perfect and then today i tried to drive with FUEL.

guess what, it will start but the rpm goes very low and eventually it will shut off. But lpg works fine.

Whenever i take my car to mitsubishi service center, they fix my oil problem and messed up with my lpg system.. But when i take to lpg, they fix my lpg and mess up with my fuel system.

i could never drive in duel system. I prefer to drive in LPG coz of the pricing issue but also occasionally would like to drive with OIL

please suggest.