Welcome To Mig16--a New Mod For The Ladies Forum

sbk

Well, I know Boo and I are both very happy to welcome miggie to modding the Ladies forum (and a few others as well). We both felt it was well past time that Thai women have a real voice in this forum. :o

Please join me in welcoming her to the ladies forum

post-4641-1217351682.gif

its been hinted at :o

thanks everyone.

if you see a funny but not so funny post, PM me, or hit the report button and one of us MODs will look into it :D

Welcome, welcome!! I'm always happy to see a new moderator! If nothing else it reduces the odds of me ever being asked. :o

:D cathyy, 857 posts in 5 years. I am afraid you have way too much of a real life to become a mod :D

Welcome, welcome!! I'm always happy to see a new moderator! If nothing else it reduces the odds of me ever being asked. :o

:D cathyy, 857 posts in 5 years. I am afraid you have way too much of a real life to become a mod :D

I prefer to believe that I only post when I have something to say. I ignore most of the sections of this place, as I have no interest in them. I don't post just to chime in.

And how dare you suggest I have a real life! I can't possibly be bothered with one of those. :D

Zaza :D

hey Ill see you in 3 months ok! get ready NOW!! (I know you prolly need the 3 months to decide what you wanna wear on our night out :o )

:D:( goshhhhhhhhhh ; you should have told me earlier gal :D This is a very short notice ; :D you know well that I should look my best in case of there is any paparazzi around :D

Well, I know Boo and I are both very happy to welcome miggie to modding the Ladies forum (and a few others as well). We both felt it was well past time that Thai women have a real voice in this forum. :o

Please join me in welcoming her to the ladies forum

post-4641-1217351682.gif

Well thats not very fair on us mere pheasant normal members is it? (real voice)

But anyway well done on your promotion if thats what its called, go miggie go miggie

Edited by MonkeyHouse

You've lost me there, monkeyhouse. You seem to have selectively read what I had to say.

Sorry sbk, The way i read it, it seemed you meant only mods have real voices? Does that mean us lesser members dont have real voices?

So also you could take it as miggie hasnt had a real voice up until she became a mod?

Seems you are picking at straws here monkeyhouse. I think that most Thai women have refrained from posting in most sections of this forum because of the dominance of negative and usually very nasty characterizations of Thai women by a majority of western guys.

Thats fighting talk monkeyhouse lol.So how many mods do you need to control these women lol.How many banning orders to be a super one too.We bow to your superior judgement khun thai lady.Get those farang chicks sorted quick lol.

not the time nor the place. There is nothing in sbk's post to suggest that only moderators have a voice here. But it will be nice for thai women to have a voice on the moderating team. Maybe you have a problem with that?

If you do, take it to support (at) thaivisa.com & not this thread. Thanks

poshthai is now on holiday. If anyone else tries to take this over this forum & topics with their trolling then they will be following him. There are other forums better suited to this kind of child like behaviour.

not the time nor the place. There is nothing in sbk's post to suggest that only moderators have a voice here. But it will be nice for thai women to have a voice on the moderating team. Maybe you have a problem with that?

If you do, take it to support (at) thaivisa.com & not this thread. Thanks

Believe me I AM very happy a thai women has become a mod, I say im all for thai women/men members.

I was just a bit concerned that now she has become a mod now she has a REAL voice, Clearly stated it in the OPs welcome message.

As i said before congrats to mig even though she is a gooner! (Arsenal fan for though who dont know)

I love Miggy! Well done Mig, look forward to your continued intelligent contributions.

ps This does not mean that I think every other poster makes unintelligent contributions! :o (For those who selectively read posts and have a chip on their shoulder!) :D

LOL thanks Suegha

Monkeyhouse...I think you need to read the posts and put some context to it. SBK and Boo have tried to explain it, but to me its really simple logic that shouldnt have needed explaining.

its a public forum - which means everyone can have a say within the rules (so yes each member has a voice)

welcoming me as a thai woman mod to the moderating team is a different issue. The moderating team is here to work with members to make the forum a lively and useful one where ALL members can feel comfortable, not feel bullied, harassed, etc etc (list is not exhaustive...but just some example), the forum doesnt get shut down (would be a big loss of a huge resource should that ever happen!) SBK said, very rightly, that since although a forum with majority expat members, it is mainly about life in thailand..be it professional, social, or such, it makes sense to have a thai represented on the team that 'facilitate' this experience and 'enforce' the rules if you will. And well, women have always traditionally, and continue to have a lesser voice in any arena, so having a thai and a woman is a welcome addition.

gee. Im tired :o

The reason I make the effort to put such an elaborate explanation is cos since becoming a MOD Ive noticed how people tend to unnecessarily try to put words in people's mouths (or keyboard)...and it just leads to arguing back and forth. why do they do it? why read more into a very positive remark and try to make it into something negative?

now try to enjoy the experience, absorb the info (if thats what you are here for), and share your constructive views. Id love to hear the constructive ones. negative ones, I have no time for. theres enough of that going on around us everyday....we dont need to come online to encounter more negative thoughts :D

now wheres my chocolate dose. am gonna need it!

Opps…Sorry didn’t see this earlier cuz I haven’t been the regular here at the Ladies forum. It’s much more fun cruising the general with a baseball bat.

Congrats and many kisses from me- another thai sister :D:D:o - I’m sure you will be a great “headmistress”.

And

You must call me N’Teacup…… cuz I’m listed as 19 ALWAYS :D

Chokdee na ja

N’ Teacup

haha

regardless of thai politeness etc (where I know I should listen to my elder - in this case P Teacup :o ) this is one of those occasions I will be impolite and not obey an ELDER :D

so no, I will NOT call you Nong :D

I would like to see more Thais on this forum. Most of the expats just ramble on with their theories while the Thais usually have the inside knowledge, from growing up here.

I think it is the language barrier that intimidates? them more than anything else.

I myself hope that having a Thai moderator in here will help make more Thai ladies post. I have always suspected that we have lurkers who are too self-conscious to post. We want this forum to be a place for both Thai and farang ladies! Yes, the focus is on the farang ladies; this is an expat board, after all. I for one want to have local Thai ladies reading and posting here. Thai ladies living in the Western world might want to ask some questions here, too.

It's like most of the men here are afraid of their Thai ladies having contact with farang women from the way they post. Note that there are wonderful men who are welcome to post here! But others, oh my. Why do they even bother to read this forum? Nothing we do or say will ever be acceptable to them; we are Western Women. :o

haha

regardless of thai politeness etc (where I know I should listen to my elder - in this case P Teacup :o ) this is one of those occasions I will be impolite and not obey an ELDER :D

so no, I will NOT call you Nong :D

19... That’s the age I wish I could be.. but sadly now I ‘m just the older generation HelloKitty

Oh well, I did try tho :D

Posts have been deleted & one post edited.

This forum is not a place for anyone to take over with perceived issues, so please raise them to admin (as has been advised time & time again) & leave them off of threads.

I will not allow this section that has become a pleasant place for men & women to post without flaming & abuse to be hijacked by various trouble makers.