60 Day Plus Extension Tourist Visa

I'd like some help from those who have been there, done that, please. I have the tourist visa for 60 days and will extend another 30 at Krabi Immig., then plan on 3 consecutive border runs. Last year was possible to then obtain in Penang another 60 day tourist visa and repeat the above ad infinitum. I have stayed out of Thailand a year and just returned on June 27. My friend did the above for years and was told he must leave for 6 months. Have they loosened up? Thanks for ur help. American, Lake

Been in Thailand nearly 9 months on Tourist visas (arrived on Triple entry). Seems from other threads on the subject that there is no limit if you keep doing visa runs to neighbouring countries.

Dont take my word for it though. I am sure an expert will post soon.

All the best :o

Indeed there is no limit to the maximum tourist visa's one can get. Some embassies and consulates set their own rules regarding this however and than you have to try elsewere. Just ask here before you make a visa run what the best option is at that moment.

Only limitation is on visa exempt entries: no more than 90 days in a 6 month period.

Best place still seems to be Vientiane Laos, they issue double entry tourist visas there.

thanx, looks like I'm OK to stay. got my double entry in KL, soooo ez. since I'm in south, I'd like to hear from those who have used Penang lately. Luv, Lake