The P.a.c.vandalized

Phangan Animal Care, a clinic mainly set up to treat and sterilize stray dogs and cats but they also treat people's pets as well.

Does anyone know the nature of the vandalism? Was it strictly vandalism or were they robbed?

It seems very unlikely to me that it would be the locals as all the people I know are thrilled to have them on the island and, AFAIK, they didn't have any problems when they were behind the high school. Now that they are in a less populated and less secure location, it makes me wonder, could it have been junkies looking for drugs?

that seems strictly vandalism! :o

Phangan Animal Care, a clinic mainly set up to treat and sterilize stray dogs and cats but they also treat people's pets as well.

Does anyone know the nature of the vandalism? Was it strictly vandalism or were they robbed?

It seems very unlikely to me that it would be the locals as all the people I know are thrilled to have them on the island and, AFAIK, they didn't have any problems when they were behind the high school. Now that they are in a less populated and less secure location, it makes me wonder, could it have been junkies looking for drugs?

steve where did you hear about this and do you have any more details???

I heard that by the wife of Mr. Sutty who has worked for the PAC

I heard from a woman (she did recently volunteer with PAC) that they had a fire in the main room, where they treat the animals, could be from the neighborhoods also to she said. But they don't know.

Friday was a sad day for Koh Pha-Ngan.

I saw PAC's damage today, and it looks like a lot more than just vandalism.

The whole operating room/office was gutted by fire. Most of the equipment (such as their only PC) was totally destroyed, and even the roof was burnt down. There was a smashed window, which may or may not have been the entry point of a Molotov cocktail (gasoline bomb).

The whole area has been cordoned off by police to preserve evidence, and staff (with security) is now waiting from forensic police to arrive from the mainland.

Dog-hating locals are Nr1 in my suspect list.

A sad time for Koh Pha-Ngan - specially for those of us who remember the sad state of local animals before PAC arrived here.

If/when PAC can half get back on their feet after this devastating blow, perhaps some caring members here may be able to help with funds for a cheap new PC from Patrick's at Bantai - just an idea to help with the bad feeling at this time...

I wonder if they did something to piss off any locals in particular? Sounds like it... really too bad... and also dangerous for them! I hope the animals weren't hurt!!! I am saving up for a new laptop, I might be able to donate my old one if all goes well.

Edited by girlx

I wonder if they did something to piss off any locals in particular? Sounds like it... really too bad... and also dangerous for them! I hope the animals weren't hurt!!! I am saving up for a new laptop, I might be able to donate my old one if all goes well.

you can read an account of two motorcyclists one breaking the window and another arriving to throw the cocktail on becki' s site

pictures too.

apparently no people hurt but 2 cats are 9 lives short. disgusting.

word on the street is that they had been voicing complaints about the treatment of elephants on the island. but word on the street is all the animals died too, which is contrary to your post t.s..... i have my own suspicions about who might have done it.

does anyone know if they will still be able to operate? :o

Edited by girlx

word on the street is that they had been voicing complaints about the treatment of elephants on the island. but word on the street is all the animals died too, which is contrary to your post t.s..... i have my own suspicions about who might have done it.

I don't think so look at the pictures here: kohphangannews.org

anyway something happen before that with the locals, I guess

thats where i read it.

whoever did it is certainly a sick sick individual.

Thank you for the link "ham" :D

Having looked at all the photos something is strange to me as only the front part of the room was burned and yet some papers on the wall where untouched.

http://kohphangannews.org/modules.php?op=m...play_image_page

also to me, it looks like the fuse box started the fire :o

and turning left. Notice the board in both photos, not even touched by fire........nor the wooden window frame, but the ceiling above was damaged by fire.... (fuse box and carried onto the ceiling hence the damage..)

Was this fire put out quickly at (Friday 1st August 2008) around 10 p.m ? and by whom?

Have a look at the photos posted.

Yours truly

Kan Win :D

P.S. The post above was made on my own thinking after seeing the photos.

are you some kind of forensic investigator?

no, but evidence would suggest they have way too much free time.

edit:

just read stevethongsala's last post, changed he to they to include him

Edited by t.s

also to me, it looks like the fuse box started the fire :o

It looks that way to me too. Electrical fires are common in Thailand due to the poor installation and lack of grounding. Because no one ever takes responsibility and always passing the the blame for everything, the fire must have been started by some hoodlums right?

Thanks for the link to that picture. It is the first I've seen it. It does look like an electrical fire started from the fuse box.

From Kan Win's links:

post-13995-1218104753_thumb.jpg

post-13995-1218104767_thumb.jpg

post-13995-1218104781_thumb.jpg

Not sure if the article below was posted already; if so, I'm sorry:

PAC Clinic Koh Phangan - Molotov Cocktail Arson Attack

PAC better known as Phangan Animal Care, which has been operating since September 2001 as a non-profit nursing clinic providing veterinary care for the animals of Koh Pha-Ngan was finally attacked with a Molotov cocktail by un-known criminals.

Friday 1st August 2008 around 10 p.m. at night two unknown motorbikes approached the new PAC clinic facilities in Wok Tum area. The unidentified attacker on the first motorbike threw a brick into one of PACs' clinic window, so the other nightly attacker on the second motorbike, which arrived a few minutes later, could finally place the Molotov cocktail right into PACs' clinic facilities.

This finally caused a devastating fire inside PACs’ clinic facilities which destroyed most of the office and clinic equipment. Two cats were also killed during the arson attack but luckily no PAC nurses or PAC staff got injured.

LaoPo

Edited by sbk