Great News Or Scam ?

Let me shine a little light on this (without getting the usual responses that it's illegal or a scam, you decide for yourself).

A couple of visa companies (among them I recall Papa above Tops, the owner is an American with a Thai wife) operate a service for those not having the 800,000 baht or the required income.

The process is like this:

- You open a bank book in your own name (the bank will be designated by the visa company).

- Then you give them your passport and two photos

- The 800,000 baht is deposited into your bank book and they apply for the conversion into a non immigrant-O (three months).

This process will cost you 15,000 baht (approx)

- They will keep the bank book and apply for an extension of 12 months.

This process will cost you 20,000 baht (approx)

The bank book is kept by them.

It takes about 3-4 days before the retirement visa is delivered. The stamp is legit and issued by the Pattaya Immigration Police.

This has nothing to do with (Nigerian) scammers or whatever. I've seen a couple of passport who were waiting to be delivered to customers. It even came with the sticker which reminded the visa holder to

report every 90 days.

I am sure that they service quite a few customers per month. Again, if it's illegal or not ... you decide.

It make no difference if they keep the bank book or not you could still withdraw funds from the account if it is in your name and you opened the account,only a matter of time until that is done.

This topic will get thrown off, there are too many visa companies sponsering t.v !,..and what we are discussing is illegal !,. so is prostitution ,but thats ok !

At the moment I am struggling to sell my house back in Uk and i do not have the all amount available with me.

Am confused and tempted do it at the same time.

At the Immigration they say you need 800,000 or better more, and this guy tells me i don't. Dunno what to do !!

My understanding is that you simply need to show monthly income of 65,000 THB - The 800,000THB in bank is the alternative. (Source Thai Consulate in Hull UK).

Data

HI Data

You mean 65,000 THB from the Uk Account or thai account ?

or do i need to have a business here ? though dont think so .. is that right ?

65,000 Baht a month income.

If in Thailand you need your record of tax payments.

If from abroad you need a letter from your Embassy stating your income / pension.

Or you can have a combination of income and money in a Thai bank adding up to 800,000.

Back to title "great news or a scam" Dont know that the free advertisement has reached 'great' yet for Pappa but this little topic has added to his name recognition for sure and additional looks by curious people. Hope the newbie who started this topic was serious and got the info he wanted. If this was a preconcieved plan I would give it a grade of B+.