Wire money or...

There is a Bangkok bank branch in New York. Would it be cheaper to go there with a large check and deposit to my account,

or to wire it from my home bank to my Bangkok bank account?

I have concered the airfair

If you are mot a New York resident forget depositing a check. But really just transfer from your bank to Bangkok bank normal fees same fees in New York and that is 35 usd maybe 50 now but not worth troubleto go to city

That said make sure girl friend doesn't have atm period.

I have been here since 68 off and on but never never ceases to amaze me the new guy who knows best. Not saying you are but a large amount wow why except to buy you and you alone a condominium.

Sorry druck tonight as Thai /American best of both son 18 and did the morning thing at 9 am til now as my father did for me. Said never go out after 6 the ametuers are out.

Thank's Guy's,

Im in Chicago now. That is where my home bank is.

$50.00 is not much to wire money. I did not know it was that cheap ! that sounds like the best thing to do if only fifty.

Yes im the new guy ,and I have already made alot of mistakes

that's why I would prefer to ask the dumb questions now. We are talking about life savings here . I will be protective.

Easy Money , have a beer on me and more inportant Have FUN!!

Jeff

• 5 months later...

I pay $40 to my bank for a international wire. The Bangkok Bank in NY will charge $5 fee as a correspondence bank. The branch in Thailand will charge up to B200 to recieve the money.

Unless it is a small amount, wire transfers are far cheaper for me. I get a better exchange rate and my bank charges $3 per international ATM use.

To transfer say $20,000 by ATM withdrawls, I would have to go the ATM in Thailand everyday for 40 days ($500 limit per day) and it would cost $120 in fees plus a poorer exchange rate.

Wire transfer costs $40+$5+$5. About $50. And the money is all in my Thai bank in a day or Two.