Thai Goldbaht Price

TheThai gold price is the same all over Thailand.

The current price is approx 14400 to sell and 14500 baht to buy. On top of the buying price you would expect to pay approx 500 baht for one baht weight so therefore the price to buy is say 15000 baht. On selling, you would also have to pay a commission of approx 500 baht for one baht weight. Shops vary in commission prices so check around. I would recommend China town.

I purchased Thai gold when the price was under ten thousand baht - a good investment I would say long term.

is there a major difference in the goldbaht price all over Thailand?

no there is not. forget the wet dream of making profit due to price differences :o

Thanks naam,

I am sure you thought that you would raise a laugh or two, well I assume that the few people with your

sense of humour may have giggled.

This was a valid question from someone not in Thailand, trying to get a picture of the situation over there!

The info on Thailand goldbaht prices is not easy to find.

The first part of your answer was all you needed to say!

And this from a titanium member!!

regards,

frank

The current price is approx 14400 to sell and 14500 baht to buy. On top of the buying price you would expect to pay approx 500 baht for one baht weight so therefore the price to buy is say 15000 baht. On selling, you would also have to pay a commission of approx 500 baht for one baht weight. Shops vary in commission prices so check around. I would recommend China town.

I purchased Thai gold when the price was under ten thousand baht - a good investment I would say long term.

thanks, bob,

this was very helpful of you.

kindest regards,

frank

no there is not. forget the wet dream of making profit due to price differences :o

sorry Frank. but this titanium member has seen too many similar questions which were based on making profit due to price differences.

:D

sorry Frank. but this titanium member has seen too many similar questions which were based on making profit due to price differences.

:D

point taken!

thanks for explaining the reasoning to me, it is appreciated.

kindest regards,

frank

p.s. mind you by the lack of replies, it looks like most others assumed that also!

The price of gold is posted everyday in the newspapers & prominentely in gold shop windows.

I have yet to find the price of gold in Thailand listed or displayed anywhere in Swindon or in

its newspapers, for that matter.

This was a valid question from someone not in Thailand, trying to get a picture of the situation over there!

Seriously though, thanks dotcom, I never knew about the prices on display over there.

Maybe too busy looking at different things!!

Regards,

Frank

The price of gold is posted everyday in the newspapers & prominentely in gold shop windows.

I have yet to find the price of gold in Thailand listed or displayed anywhere in Swindon or in

Seriously though, thanks dotcom, I never knew about the prices on display over there.

Regards,

Frank

Not trying to be smart or anything, but don't you have a Thai partner? My wife keeps up on the price of gold and keeps me informed. She definitely believes in buying low and using it as a reserve. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it doesn't hurt to keep as many financial options available as possible.

Regards,

Frank

Not trying to be smart or anything, but don't you have a Thai partner? My wife keeps up on the price of gold and keeps me informed. She definitely believes in buying low and using it as a reserve. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it doesn't hurt to keep as many financial options available as possible.

sorry dave, my turn to eat humble...

I think my tgf would be happy for any gold at any price that I could get her!

not gonna happen though, unless those numbers............

Regards,

Frank

sorry dave, my turn to eat humble...

I think my tgf would be happy for any gold at any price that I could get her!

not gonna happen though, unless those numbers............

Don't worry about it. I always like to have information, so I'll ask. Wife is used to it and keeps me appraised of all sorts of items. I could tell you the cost of her favourite rice, gasoline, average land price in Nakhon Sawan, etc. Some people have more important things to do with their time than I do though!

Sorry, do you have to pay the normal 7% VAT(Value added tax) when buying & selling gold at the shop?

This is not entirely correct; example, here in Phuket there is a markup of 150-300 THB on each Baht of gold as sold in Bangkok (where the official prices are coming from). If you would wish to buy ingots it will be also well worth to shop around as some shops differ in this markup.

Official prices of the Thai Gold Traders Assoc. here: http://www.goldtraders.or.th/price.php