Giving To Beggars

girlx

Ah yes! The old "karma (guilt) check".

How bad could your situation be? Since I can't forecast the future, I can't help you but I'm sure that you will do your best to have "nubs showing and not just a disheveled and dirty face." Will that satisfy your karmic desires should you become "less fortunate"? I'm sure that "God" is watching & keeping score on you & your life. So when the time comes, if you've helped all the "appropriate" people, you will not become a "bum" (an unworthy beggar) but a limbless beggar (truly deserving).

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah yes! The old "karma (guilt) check".

How bad could your situation be? Since I can't forecast the future, I can't help you but I'm sure that you will do your best to have "nubs showing and not just a disheveled and dirty face." Will that satisfy your karmic desires should you become "less fortunate"? I'm sure that "God" is watching & keeping score on you & your life. So when the time comes, if you've helped all the "appropriate" people, you will not become a "bum" (an unworthy beggar) but a limbless beggar (truly deserving).

That's all I ask, :o:D

Driving along Sukhumvit road to the intersection of Asoke rd. you will notice a farang looking kid, a light browned-hair boy and girl, wiping car windows at the traffic light. Every time I stop there, I always see them, and they seem to remember my car since I always gave them some money without a window wipe. But I never got a chance to talk to them or ask questions.

Anyone know of their status? Where's the dad? Did a farang bastard came to Thailand and made 2 kids leaving them to fend for themselves?

Crackdown on Bangkok street beggars

BANGKOK, May 12 (TNA) - The government today announced the launch of a major crackdown on begging gangs, while urging the public to refrain from giving money to beggars and purchasing goods from child vendors.

Twinned with a programme to assist the victims of begging gangs, the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security crackdown will begin on an unspecified date later this month.

Today the ministry convened a meeting with agencies, including the Royal Thai Police, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), the Interior Ministry and the Labour Ministry, to announce plans for the sweeping move, which will begin in Bangkok before being extended to the rest of the country.

Mr. Wanlop Phloytabtim, the ministry's permanent secretary, told delegates that the focus of the crackdown would be on the heads of begging 'mafias' who controlled teams of disabled, elderly or child beggars.

The beggars themselves would be offered social accommodation and skills training if they are Thai nationals, but would be repatriated if they are foreign nationals, he said, adding that the government would work with the countries concerned to ensure that the beggars did not return to Thailand.

The government hopes that by appealing to the public to refrain from giving money to beggars, or purchasing goods from child vendors, it will be able to successfully slash through begging rings.

Noting that the money given to beggars fell into the hands of the gangmasters, rather than the beggars themselves, Mr. Wanlop said: "These people are aware that Thais have a tendency to feel sorry for people; so they get the elderly, disabled and children to beg for them, or sell things. But the money goes into their own pockets".

According to recent research by ministry officials, there are 13 major begging areas in Bangkok, home to at least 180 beggars.

These include the Victory Monument, the World Trade Center, the Chatuchak Market and other central locations.

Although there is no legislation in Thailand which specifically outlaws begging, there are other related laws which can be used to prosecute the gangmasters. (TNA)

Driving along Sukhumvit road to the intersection of Asoke rd. you will notice a farang looking kid, a light browned-hair boy and girl, wiping car windows at the traffic light. Every time I stop there, I always see them, and they seem to remember my car since I always gave them some money without a window wipe. But I never got a chance to talk to them or ask questions.

Anyone know of their status? Where's the dad? Did a farang bastard came to Thailand and made 2 kids leaving them to fend for themselves?

I always see them there. The last i saw them a few days back , they were both arguing over a large macdonald fries.