Friend Needs To Hide Phone Calls To English Wife. How ?

Jessy

Some of you may not approve of this, but for others I would appreciate your advice. My friend has suddemly announced he is coming from the UK to Pattaya for a few nights on the town - he's coming for only three days. Seems like madness to me but there you are. Anyway, his English wife thinks he will be away on business in Europe, and he has promised he will phone her every day. I told him to tell her that he won't be able to call everyday, but he's adamant that he must.

Obviously when he calls her he does not want caller ID to be shown, and he has asked if there is a way round this. I have experimented phoning the UK with my Samsung phone (which has a caller ID withhold option) using DTAC, but it does not seem to withhold +66 part of number. I don't know if One-to-Call network is different?? Last time he popped over here fo four days, he used one of the call box internet phones that are dotted around Pattaya. But it was a disaster because in the middle of the call to his English wife (who thought he was in Scotland), a couple of Thai girls started having a loud argument in the background, which she heard and it required some explaining on his part that he was in a Parisian China town. A stupid situation if you ask me, but what can you do...

Anyway, does anyone know how he can phone her in the UK knowing there is no risk whatsoever of +66 being shown. Thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best way to do this is to sign up for a Skype-In number (www.skype.com) in one of the European countries (wherever he says he is going).

Then buy some Skype-Out minutes, which are pretty cheap to the UK (about 1.3p/minute). (They make you pay VAT, but if you really want to save that, then PM me and I'll tell you how)

Configure Skype to forward all calls from your Skype-In number to your mobile (Thai), and configure Skype to put your Skype-In number as the caller-id on calls you make.

Now go to www.Fring.com and download the Fring application onto your mobile phone (you will need a mobile that can connect to WLAN and a WLAN to connect to - True do a pretty good deal on this - about 800 baht/month for unlimited, though the GPRS is not really fast enough to make a call). Configure it to connect to Skype and now you can make VoIP calls from your mobile phone, over WLAN, from Thailand which will look like they came from the European country. Not only that, but his wife can call him back on the European number and it will connect to him in Thailand.

You can also forget the Fring/mobile part and just use a PC with internet & Skype to make the calls (e.g. ASUS eeepc)

I have used this method to do various financial transactions where they insist on you being in the UK in order to process the order, or where they say they will call you back to confirm an appointment.

[note: I do not condone this behaviour, :o ]

And you are his friend.....do you happen to know his wife too?? Friend of her too??

Yes there is a way of calling her without the +66 showing. By not cheating on her in Thailand, instead he could take her on a holiday somewhere, and spend the money on both of them.

I will never stop to be amazed to see the lenghts some idiots go through just to get some puss .

Serves him right if she gets a decent bloke in the UK and bins him while he's out sowing his wild oats here. He should be more worried about taking back a dose or worse than a flipping phone call.

I hope she finds out and takes him to the cleaners!

Some of you may not approve of this, but for others I would appreciate your advice. My friend has suddemly announced he is coming from the UK to Pattaya for a few nights on the town

The phone is the least of his worries - his passport will soon have these big Thai stamps in it and then again why will he be using the passport when all Euroland has free borders, his wife might ask :o

:o

Serves him right if she gets a decent bloke in the UK and bins him while he's out sowing his wild oats here. He should be more worried about taking back a dose or worse than a flipping phone call.

I hope she finds out and takes him to the cleaners!

decent bloke ,,with good heart ..

here i am pissed of , and stranded in uk ,

till october ....

looking for a good lady,, with good arse ...

Some of you may not approve of this, but for others I would appreciate your advice. My friend has suddemly announced he is coming from the UK to Pattaya for a few nights on the town - he's coming for only three days. Seems like madness to me but there you are. Anyway, his English wife thinks he will be away on business in Europe, and he has promised he will phone her every day. I told him to tell her that he won't be able to call everyday, but he's adamant that he must.

Obviously when he calls her he does not want caller ID to be shown, and he has asked if there is a way round this. I have experimented phoning the UK with my Samsung phone (which has a caller ID withhold option) using DTAC, but it does not seem to withhold +66 part of number. I don't know if One-to-Call network is different?? Last time he popped over here fo four days, he used one of the call box internet phones that are dotted around Pattaya. But it was a disaster because in the middle of the call to his English wife (who thought he was in Scotland), a couple of Thai girls started having a loud argument in the background, which she heard and it required some explaining on his part that he was in a Parisian China town. A stupid situation if you ask me, but what can you do...

Anyway, does anyone know how he can phone her in the UK knowing there is no risk whatsoever of +66 being shown. Thanks.

My arse! :o

Some of you may not approve of this, but for others I would appreciate your advice. My friend has suddemly announced he is coming from the UK to Pattaya for a few nights on the town

The phone is the least of his worries - his passport will soon have these big Thai stamps in it and then again why will he be using the passport when all Euroland has free borders, his wife might ask :D

Good Point! :D

Almost guarantee that the OP gets the blame when ( not if!) :o

roy gsd

Edited by roygsd

cant he just got some English whores in the u.k.? i do condone your behavior but it seems very complicated all this mobil phone roaming and Skype stuff. i supposed in a pinch you could try xtube.com and do a search for "thai whores", would be alot chaper.

I usually dont bother replying to these kinds of threads and I know im taking a moral high ground on this, but Geez..i hope at least you/your friend/whoever practices safe sex. Bad enough that your/his wife has a creep for a husband, but hopefully she wont have a wake-up call on your/his behaviour in the form of a std.

Twice now I have had friends do this One time for a trip to Amsterdam ,One time for a holiday in the canaries with some old mates.

First time after claiming he was in North Wales with no signal the idiot come home sporting a great Tan.........

Second time in Amsterdam one friend asked for stamp in passport and immigration guy happily stamped us all in (15 lads) priceless as mate released what had just happened.

We even have a photo of us all complete with silly hats guy who shouldn't be there has it pulled over his head.

And before anyone starts my Wife was with us for canaries holiday and Amsterdam was my stag do.

Needless to say my mate is now single...

Jessy - your mate sounds like a right card, coming all the way to Thailand for a couple of days just to get his nuts. Class.

Anyway, it's shaping up to look like an expensive weekend;

Flight - 60,000 THB

Hotel - 3,000 THB

International phone calls - 20,000 THB

'Companionship' - 10,000 THB

Lube - 345.57 THB

Terrible behaviour mind you.

The phone is the least of his worries - his passport will soon have these big Thai stamps in it and then again why will he be using the passport when all Euroland has free borders, his wife might ask :o

Not forgetting credit and debit card statements, I suppose he can always take cash, always wondered about those news stories of large sums of money stolen from hotel safes, now I know why some bloke have so much cash.

If he has told you, then how many other people has he told, it will get back sooner or later, and he probably end up being taken to the cleaners, is it worth it?

BB

Too bad you can't get a straight answer with all the moralizing going on. To my knowledge the user ID is controlled by the provider, not the phone. At least my Thai phone says it is provider controlled. Believe all Thai providers do not shut it off, especially for a pre-paid card.

Only thing he could do is use UK phone and it won't show the Thai location (at least on recieving phone, it will be on the bill).

TH

Edited by thaihome

Try to coach a buddy in Europe to sound like you.

Then get him to call your wife, answering questions with questions of his own, and uttering vague metaphors.

:o:D:D

Great minds always think alike, I have always been suspicious of posts that basically start "I have a friend..."

BB

Get a VOIP calling card eg dee dial, and call at a ceap rate. The number comes up as an in country one in the called country. He can tell his wife he was saving money, at 1.5B/minute to a land line it will cost very little to keep the fantasy alive. 250B card has kept me talking for over 2hrs to Oz. :o

Not so sure how to lose the passport stamps.

Jessy - your mate sounds like a right card, coming all the way to Thailand for a couple of days just to get his nuts. Class.

Anyway, it's shaping up to look like an expensive weekend;

Flight - 60,000 THB

Hotel - 3,000 THB

International phone calls - 20,000 THB

'Companionship' - 10,000 THB

Lube - 345.57 THB

Terrible behaviour mind you.

The look on his wifes face when she gets a dose of the clap..................Price less :o

For those people who offered a constructive response, regardless of whether they approved or not, thanks for that. To the others I say, "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I suspect that are a lot of hypcrites in and around Pattaya. Fair enough. But to The Philosopher I say, I wouldn't dream of having an English wife as I find western women wholly unattractive. I expected some people to disappaprove and feel they had to reply to this thread by moralizing and voicing their feelings, and perhaps with just cause, but your response was by far the most immature.

A hypocrite, historically, is a play-actor who says one thing on stage and does something quite different off-stage. It is not hypocritical to say, "This guy sins almost as much as I used to, or do, or wish I did." But it is judgmental, and we were warned to use the same standard to judge ourselves as we use to judge others. Unless you want your entire thread deleted because it is about bargirls?

UK based mobile phones should not display anything relating to the country where the call as originated, although roaming charges will appear on the phone bill when the phone connects to the Thai network - he might be wise to 'loose' the phone in his car before he travels.

Some internet cafes will be quite enough to use their internet phone services - suggest he test the displayed number before trying it out on his wife.

Thoughts about checking the weather and having a reservation at a hotel in Paris or wherever to support his story would be wise. One hopes that the plane isn't delayed or he suffer an accident during his travels.

There were a number of similar stories that came out after the 2004 Tsumani - people being in Thailand when they said they were elsewhere.

For those people who offered a constructive response, regardless of whether they approved or not, thanks for that. To the others I say, "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone." I suspect that are a lot of hypcrites in and around Pattaya. Fair enough. But to The Philosopher I say, I wouldn't dream of having an English wife as I find western women wholly unattractive. I expected some people to disappaprove and feel they had to reply to this thread by moralizing and voicing their feelings, and perhaps with just cause, but your response was by far the most immature.

I have absolutely no problem with either you or your mate fooling around, that's what Pattaya is for! I was trying to make light of the situation and finish off a previous post with some humour. :o