Cheap gym

roger101

I asked this question before some time ago but when I searched for it nothing came up. I am having mobility problems. All I want is a gym with a walking machine so I can walk on a flat surface (albeit slowly). I don't need aircon but I would like the machine to either have a TV nearby or even facing the road so I can watch something, rather than a wall.

Having such basic needs I would like it to be as cheap as possible. I look forward to your helpful replies.

• Like 2

Here's a tidier way to show the link above.

Treadmill

That is junk - a complete waste of money. It might be ok for a child or a very light adult.

I would recommend Fitness 7 at the Avenue Shopping Centre, 2nd Road, the space where California Wow used to exist. They have good treadmills, in an air-conditioned area that is open 24 hours. I think the price is cheap, although "cheap" is subjective.

Please walk outside than on a treadmill and it's free.

A treadmill is perfect for when the weather is not good outside - which is often in hot, wet, tropical Thailand. 

It also allows you to increase the incline for a more strenuous workout especially if you live in a flat area - which is common in Thailand.

It’s also perfect for catching-up on your latest Netflix series, sporting event, movie etc …whilst walking in air conditioned comfort!

Good luck. Hope you find a cheap gym, if not, maybe look at buying your own treadmill. 

Edited by Nemises

2 minutes ago, Nemises said:

A treadmill is perfect for when the weather is not good outside - which is often in hot, wet, tropical Thailand. 

It also allows you to increase the incline for a more strenuous workout especially if you live in a flat area - which is common in Thailand.

It’s also perfect for catching-up on your latest Netflix series, sporting event, movie etc …whilst walking in air conditioned comfort!

Good luck. Hope you find a cheap gym, if not, buy one!

The climate is hot and humid; that's inescapable for most of the year, however, the OP mentioned that air conditioning is not needed. In years of walking outside (in Pattaya), I have never had to cancel a workout due to weather conditions. A few times it rained lightly and once very heavily. I enjoy walking in the rain as it is cooler. I have a lot of hills to make the workout harder.

• Thumbs Up 1

I go to a 3 star hotel/condo and pay 800 baht/month. It's got weight machines, free weights, treadmills, cycle machines and even a sauna and steam room and of course showers. The machines and weights are not the top of the line but they do what I need them to do. There is usually nobody in the gym, sometimes a cleaning lady, once in a blue moon a tourist.  The regulars usually come at night.....

• Thumbs Up 1

To the OP

It depends which part of Pattaya your in

If your only going to use the treadmill, you can use the exercise bike too and work up from that .

I'm going to be honest with you , the gyms in Pattaya are not cheap 

1500 a month for Jomtien gym, I pay that in Australia

Wouldn't you be better walking around that Lake area where the football park is for awhile ?

But it depends on what part of Pattaya you live in ,no use suggesting Jomtien gym and you live in Naklua

Unfortunately, Pattaya doesn't have any cheap gyms. They start at 120 Baht for a day pass ,and go way up .

I spend most of my time in Vietnam now, where the gyms cost a fraction of that.

Sun Fitness on Soi Buakao has aircon and Treadmills facing the road and the market, but don't think they have TV.Bring your smartphone or tablet for entertainment. It's 120 Baht a day, 990 a month. You would have to get up the stairs though. 

The reopened Tony gym at intersection of South Pat road /3rd requires no climbing, is the same price, but very polluted air you are breathing there. Supposedly it's 24/7.

Kind of curious whether it's the same Tony. The old Tony closed down all his businesses, was gone for ages.Has he reappeared.?

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Here's a tidier way to show the link above.

Treadmill

That is junk - a complete waste of money. It might be ok for a child or a very light adult.

I would recommend Fitness 7 at the Avenue Shopping Centre, 2nd Road, the space where California Wow used to exist. They have good treadmills, in an air-conditioned area that is open 24 hours. I think the price is cheap, although "cheap" is subjective.

Please walk outside than on a treadmill and it's free.

roger101 says he has mobility problems which may rule out Fitness 7 since there is a long flight of stairs to reach the gym. Otherwise it is a good choice. Cost is 1600 Baht/month.

• Agree 1

On 4/3/2024 at 11:19 PM, roger101 said:

I asked this question before some time ago but when I searched for it nothing came up. I am having mobility problems. All I want is a gym with a walking machine so I can walk on a flat surface (albeit slowly). I don't need aircon but I would like the machine to either have a TV nearby or even facing the road so I can watch something, rather than a wall.

Having such basic needs I would like it to be as cheap as possible. I look forward to your helpful replies.

Just buy 1 aint expensive WDF is wrong with people nowadays, i have a home gym so i do not have to put up with stinking meat eaters

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It's a big item to put into a condo......and getting out more might be appealing. 

Why can't people simply answer the question asked instead of going off at a tangent.

Thank you Jacko. I often think this myself. A walking machine because it has something I can hold onto when my balance feels wrong and a view because I'm deaf and need subtitles which means a phone is a bit small for that. So a streetview even if not much is happening.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, roger101 said:

Thank you Jacko. I often think this myself. A walking machine because it has something I can hold onto when my balance feels wrong and a view because I'm deaf and need subtitles which means a phone is a bit small for that. So a streetview even if not much is happening.

Lazada has some foldup treadmills that would fit into a studio apt, not expensive. Could even get a non-motorized one, much more difficult to get injured on. Personally I'd suggest an exercise bike, less impact on your joints.

You can move up to tablet to allow you to read subtitles. 'Course, at home you can just watch your TV perhaps hooked up to a media player.

On 4/4/2024 at 2:25 AM, flyingtlger said:

I go to a 3 star hotel/condo and pay 800 baht/month. It's got weight machines, free weights, treadmills, cycle machines and even a sauna and steam room and of course showers. The machines and weights are not the top of the line but they do what I need them to do. There is usually nobody in the gym, sometimes a cleaning lady, once in a blue moon a tourist.  The regulars usually come at night.....

The price for what seems excellent facilities looks very good. Years ago I took advantage of Tony's lifetime membership (it worked out at 200 pounds, best investment I ever made). I know people will say his facilities weren't very good but for me they worked fine and having a swimming pool and Sauna was a bonus. Exercise first, then a swim and a sauna and finally on a sun bed for a spell of sunbathing before going home. 3 or 4 times a week for years.

So, what is the name of the condo? I'll even give up the street view and TV for a swimming pool and sauna after exercise.

• Like 1