Thai Actor And Model Pleads Guilty To Molesting A Teenage Girl

sriracha john

methas_25042006_01.jpg

methas_25042006_02.jpg

Hunk actor gets jail

The Nonthaburi Provincial Court Wednesday sentenced a model and actor to five years in jail for sexually molesting a teenage girl.

Methas Suansri, 26, pleaded guilty to the charges. He cried on hearing the verdict.

The sexual molestation took place at a hotel in 2005, when his victim was just 16 years old. The court says Methas molested a girl under 18 years of age. He physically assaulted her, too.

These offences usually carry a penalty of 10 years jail, but because Methas admitted the offences, the court halved the sentence.

Methas says he plans to appeal it. He's on bail.

- The Nation

=========================================================

Pleads guilty and then immediately appeals it... that's always a quirky aspect here. The released on bail AFTER conviction is another.

Edited by sriracha john

You dork......It's the ever famous korean style haircut.....ja - very popular among thai actors

I have watched many thai lakorns, but never heard of him before. Didn't know he's famous before, but he is certainly famous now !!

I feel sorry for him too. Because based on the information I'm wondering if he's being made an example of. Isn't this extremely common in Thailand? Men with teenage girlfriends (1 or 2 years under 18). If there was actually some form of assault then of course this is horrible, but from what I have seen and heard (I've met quite a few 16, 17 year old girls that work or worked in NANA and COWBOY) underage girls having sex with men happens all the time and no one goes to jail for it. Not saying it's right, just wondering why this guy got the full dose of the law as if people here actually enforce it normally.

I feel sorry for him too. Because based on the information I'm wondering if he's being made an example of. Isn't this extremely common in Thailand? Men with teenage girlfriends (1 or 2 years under 18). If there was actually some form of assault then of course this is horrible, but from what I have seen and heard (I've met quite a few 16, 17 year old girls that work or worked in NANA and COWBOY) underage girls having sex with men happens all the time and no one goes to jail for it. Not saying it's right, just wondering why this guy got the full dose of the law as if people here actually enforce it normally.

"He physically assaulted her, too." :o

"He physically assaulted her, too." :o

Right and they threw that in as an after thought, have you ever seen a credible news story worded in that way? I've never gotten a clear report from any kind of news service in this country. If he actually assaulted her in the sense that we all expect it to mean than that is horrible. If this is just a case of some guy sleeping with his teen girlfriend I dont understand why he is getting jail time when thousands of others who do it blatantly dont get jail time. I never said it was ok, I just think its ridiculous to enforce the law only 1% of the time.