Glasgow Celtic

jietjon

Celtic 0 Athletico Nadrid 1

Although Celtic huffed and puffed they were unable to break down the Spanish defence and lost to a 30th minute goal. A corner partially cleared was seized on and returned powerfully to the net. Kayal decided to duck underneath the ball instead of heading clear and an unsighted Forster was unable to stop the shot. Celtic have to win in Udinese to go through. I wonder if all their players are legit? :whistling:

So......Ireland, Spain, Croatia, Italy............

I think we need to blood some new players and do it quickly. I really wanted to avoid Croatia, I believe they will defeat Italy and really put us to the pin of our collar.

post-4641-1156694606.gif Off topic.

Spongeman, Look furher down the list of topics. I posted the details of the draw yesterday and have been underwhelmed with the responses thus far.

So......Ireland, Spain, Croatia, Italy............

I think we need to blood some new players and do it quickly. I really wanted to avoid Croatia, I believe they will defeat Italy and really put us to the pin of our collar.

post-4641-1156694606.gif Off topic.

Spongeman, Look furher down the list of topics. I posted the details of the draw yesterday and have been underwhelmed with the responses thus far.

Headin that way now my fruity friends.

Dundee United 0 Celtic 1

Celtic closed to within 4 points of Rangers again with a narrow win at Tannadice. Celtic made a fast start and could have gone ahead within 30 seconds with Stokes just failing to convert a cross. They kept up the pressure and went ahead in 13 minutes . Good play between Hooper and Forrest saw the latter evade a tackle at the edge of the area and finish emphatically with a well placed shot across the goalkeeper in to the corner. Forrest missed a good chance soon after when he shot into the goalies arms when clean through. Gradually however Celtic began to lose their early shine. Samaras as usual either lost the ball or overhit it and Stokes seemed to be continually wandering offside.

DU began to come into it without really troubling the Celtic defence. Both sides were poor in the 2nd half. Celtic made some promising attacks but with Samaras and Stokes at their most irritating they created very little. Given Celtic's habit of conceding easy goals it did not make for the most relaxing viewing. In the end Celtic saw it out without any scares and it was pleasing to see them play the last few minutes in the DU half.

Can anyone tell me if the big match on the 28th will be on TV anywhere in Bangkok?

Unlikely unless you can find a bar with access to a sattellite such as Nilesat. I'll settle for watching on my pc now that I managed to eliminate all the khrappy Thai ads from the streaming services.

The thugs who killed Reamonn received the following yesterday:

TWO men who killed an "exceptional young man" in a robbery when he refused to hand over his mobile phone and wallet have been jailed for more than 27 years in total.

Daryn Maxwell, 23, will serve at least 19 years in jail after admitting he murdered 19-year-old Reamonn Gormley in Glasgow Road, Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, on February 1 this year.

He stabbed the Glasgow University student three times, delivering a fatal blow to the neck which severed vital arteries.

His co-accused Barry Smith, 19, was detained for eight years and three months after pleading guilty to culpable homicide, on the grounds that he had planned the robbery with Maxwell and had knowingly taken out a weapon which could cause serious bodily harm.

The thugs who killed Reamonn received the following yesterday:

TWO men who killed an "exceptional young man" in a robbery when he refused to hand over his mobile phone and wallet have been jailed for more than 27 years in total.

Daryn Maxwell, 23, will serve at least 19 years in jail after admitting he murdered 19-year-old Reamonn Gormley in Glasgow Road, Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, on February 1 this year.

He stabbed the Glasgow University student three times, delivering a fatal blow to the neck which severed vital arteries.

His co-accused Barry Smith, 19, was detained for eight years and three months after pleading guilty to culpable homicide, on the grounds that he had planned the robbery with Maxwell and had knowingly taken out a weapon which could cause serious bodily harm.

Should have been jailed for much longer. All for what? Some cash and a cell phone.

Can anyone tell me if the big match on the 28th will be on TV anywhere in Bangkok?

Unlikely unless you can find a bar with access to a sattellite such as Nilesat. I'll settle for watching on my pc now that I managed to eliminate all the khrappy Thai ads from the streaming services.

are your streams good quality?

it's been very hit or miss for me. Sometimes I miss at least 25% of a match due to the slow connection issues/buffering

What website(s) are you using? If you're not allowed to write on here, would you be able to PM me?

thanks.

are your streams good quality?

it's been very hit or miss for me. Sometimes I miss at least 25% of a match due to the slow connection issues/buffering

What website(s) are you using? If you're not allowed to write on here, would you be able to PM me?

thanks.

PM sent

Celtic 1 Hearts 0

After a Rangers win in the early game Celtic closed the gap to 4 points again but as Wellington is said to have remarked after Waterloo it was a dam_n close run thing. Celtic had to wait until the 72nd minute to go ahead through Wanyama and then conceded a penalty in the last few minutes. Forster was the hero saving the penalty which was too near him.

It is games like this which are not on telly which reduce me to a nervous wreck. As usual I was following the updates on Sky and as several of the Premier League games had reached fulltime wondering why no FT at Parkhead. Then cue Parkhead where there was a penalty which obviously had to be for Hearts. On comes the reporter but there had been a delay and we were told by Sky that Hearts had missed it. Oh the relief. :blink:

From today's news:

Celtic have been fined £12,700 by UEFA for "illicit chanting" by fans in the Europa League match against Rennes.

That fine must have the board shaking in their shoes.

CB,

Moneywise its only a pinprick but it is an uncomfortable reminder of some of the "supporters" we could well do without.

Agreed, Salty old son, agreed. But I would like a

definition of 'illicit chanting' as I have never

heard this charge before.

CB,

I googled the phrase just to see and the only references were for Celtic. Another phrase to enter the lexicon of football like "bouncbackability" etc.

il·lic·it

   [ih-lis-it] Show IPA

adjective

not legally permitted or authorized; unlicensed; unlawful.

disapproved of or not permitted for moral or ethical reasons.

It reminds me when Mourinho left Chelsea "by mutual consent" he was approached by a few journalists at dinner asking what exactly the phrase meant. The special one told them to look it up in the dictionary.

Agreed, Salty old son, agreed. But I would like a

definition of 'illicit chanting' as I have never

heard this charge before.

Celtic's friends at BBC Scotland prefer to call it " illicit chanting " in some vain attempt to diminish the crime. However, according to BBC London and English and European networks it was "pro-IRA singing". Good to see the truth is being aired to a wider audience.

In truth it's songs glorifying and supporting an illegal terrorist organisation responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent men, women and children by blowing them to smithereens. Many were in fact Roman Catholics who died ! Yet they proudly sing songs in praise of their heroes in the IRA. Sick, sick, sick !

And yes, Rangers also have supporters who participate in " illicit chanting " and who are also idiots. :(

Are those who call Celtic supporters "DFB" on

this forum "idiots" also, I wonder?

Yes, they are.

Same as some people refer to Rangers supporters as "h*ns" and famously the current Celtic manager calling Rangers fans "DOB's"

All idiots in my book.

Udinese 1 Celtic 1

Celtic exited the Europa League when they were unable to get the win needed to progress. It was heartening that they went down fighting and had Udinese rather nervously hanging on at the close. Gary Hooper put the Celts ahead with a tapin after the ball rebounded to him but Celtic failed to hold on to the lead. At the start of injury time Di Natale equalised for Udinese forcing the ball past Forster from close range after a header fell to him. Our centre backs went to sleep and were ball watching.Shortly before Samaras who had a excellent first half and whose cross had led to the goal made another good run but apart from Hooper no had come forward from midfield so a possible opportunity was squandered.

Udinese had the better of the 2nd half and only some excellent saved from Forster kept us level. Celtic might have snatched the lead again when they hit the upright and the goalie was grateful to grab the ball.It was refreshing to see Celtic were getting forward at every opportunity and this of course resulted in plenty of room for Udinese. Failure to get the clincer led to them trying to see out time at the corner flag. Mastorovic helped by conceding a mindless free which wasted another minute. Celtic forced two corners in the last minute but Udinese dealt comfortably with them.

So we exit the tournament in which we got into the league stages on a techicality due to illegal Sion players.