Looking For Vietnamese Restauraunt In Chiang Mai

richoz

There is one (some ?) listed on the meals-on-wheels website.

Also useful are chanchao's guide chanchao.fotopages.com/ and Citylife's guide chiangmainews.com/foodguide/ .

Bon appetit.

How I wish some Vietnamese would sell their freshly baked crusty bread rolls containing salad, cheese and a magical pickle substance here. An Australian weekend breakfast treat.

There is one (some ?) listed on the meals-on-wheels website.

Also useful are chanchao's guide chanchao.fotopages.com/ and Citylife's guide chiangmainews.com/foodguide/ .

Bon appetit.

How I wish some Vietnamese would sell their freshly baked crusty bread rolls containing salad, cheese and a magical pickle substance here. An Australian weekend breakfast treat.

My mouth is watering at the thought .... I dont think Chiang Mai has a Cabramatta lol..

Cross the Narawat bridge, heading East out of inner CMai, turn right at the east side of the bridge and go South with the Mae Ping on your right. The large new Vietnamese restaurant is on the left about 800m from the bridge. It is spectacular inside with 2 floors and private dining areas. As good as if not better than Vietnam.

Cross the Narawat bridge, heading East out of inner CMai, turn right at the east side of the bridge and go South with the Mae Ping on your right. The large new Vietnamese restaurant is on the left about 800m from the bridge. It is spectacular inside with 2 floors and private dining areas. As good as if not better than Vietnam.

The "huge Vietnamese place next to Dukes". :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

About the "Huge Vietnamese Restaurant next to the Duke", the real name is V.T. Nem Nueng. Well, the menu is limited, no great choice, a bit pricy, food is fresh but so so...

THE BEST :D : Nong Khai Nem Nuang, Suthep Road, on the left hand side, passed the western entrance of CMU. + just next to the restaurant there is small coffee shop (forgot the name though) serving the best Butterscotch coffee I've ever had in CM :o

Another good one (forgot the name) on Chang Khlan Rd, left hand side, end of the soi, just opposite the Shangri La hotel. Ugly place but excellent food. Better go there for lunch (always full, so go early), evening food is not always fresh.

Bon appetit !!!

:D

how is that huge Vietnamese place next to Dukes?

Five of us, three farangs and two Thais, tried the place a number of months back and were really disapointed with the quality, flavor and portions of the food. It's a shame since the building looks very inviting. The Vietnamese restaurant that sticks in my mind is the one oposite the President Hotel on Wichayanon Rd. It always seems to be busy.

" Pho Saigon"

Meechoc Plaza

Normal "street" Vietnamese. Cheap.

If you think they are good, what have you eaten from there. I have ordered mostly everything they have (ain't much), and found it to be very crappy food, even if it is cheap. When it opened, I was hoping for some good vietnamese food close to my house, but was dissapointed.

" Pho Saigon"

Meechoc Plaza

Normal "street" Vietnamese. Cheap.

If you think they are good, what have you eaten from there. I have ordered mostly everything they have (ain't much), and found it to be very crappy food, even if it is cheap. When it opened, I was hoping for some good vietnamese food close to my house, but was dissapointed.

Sorry Ajarn..

Never said I liked it, just providing some info on the location of a Viet eatery.

I may not prefer it, but someone's else's taste may.

The spring rolls were not too bad.

Other than that, it was inexpensive.

I was hoping for a good one as well close to home.

:o

About the "Huge Vietnamese Restaurant next to the Duke", the real name is V.T. Nem Nueng. Well, the menu is limited, no great choice, a bit pricy, food is fresh but so so...

THE BEST :D : Nong Khai Nem Nuang, Suthep Road, on the left hand side, passed the western entrance of CMU. + just next to the restaurant there is small coffee shop (forgot the name though) serving the best Butterscotch coffee I've ever had in CM :o

Another good one (forgot the name) on Chang Khlan Rd, left hand side, end of the soi, just opposite the Shangri La hotel. Ugly place but excellent food. Better go there for lunch (always full, so go early), evening food is not always fresh.

Bon appetit !!!

:D

In the spirit of helpfulness, may I refine your directions to the last one a little? Take the fairly broad soi off Changklan, opposite the Shangri-La and this place is along there, almost the last one on the left.

It is cheap and cheerful and, I think, closes very early, around 8.00pm.

In the spirit of helpfulness, may I refine your directions to the last one a little? Take the fairly broad soi off Changklan, opposite the Shangri-La and this place is along there, almost the last one on the left.

It is cheap and cheerful and, I think, closes very early, around 8.00pm.

This place has my vote, although I have not tried all the others. I would also recommend getting there for an earlyish lunch, as the quality tends to suffer as the day wears on.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I tried Halong Bay tonight on Suthep.

They have a 99 baht buffett, which was very good indeed, with a wide selection. The food was very fresh. Suprisingly included some of the appetizers from the menu as well for the one price. Place was very clean as well. 8/10.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I tried Halong Bay tonight on Suthep.

They have a 99 baht buffett, which was very good indeed, with a wide selection. The food was very fresh. Suprisingly included some of the appetizers from the menu as well for the one price. Place was very clean as well. 8/10.

Actually the 99 Baht buffet includes the ready made buffet plus everything on the menu. You can order as much as you like from the menu, so long as you eat it, with no restrictions on choices. Amazing value. I particularly adore the crab in breadcrumbs on sticks of sugar cane, and of course the make it yourself poancake wrap things! Thoroughly recommended.

The quality of food at Nong Khai Naem Nueang beats Halong Bay by a large margin in my experience. Then again there is no 99 baht buffet at the former.

I've tried Halong Bay twice, once about one month after they opened, and the second time about one year later, and was not very impressed.

Agree the place on Chang Khlan is also quite good, but of all the Vietnamese food places I've tried, for me personally, Nong Khai Naem Nueang is number one.

My favorite Vietnamese place is (can't remember the name!) located on a soi, just down from the Super hiway and Huey Kaw intersection. Go east from the intersection for 1 block, turn left and go to the end.