Best Bank On Samui För Expats

We are thinking about changing to Bank of Ayudhya. Any suggestions?

kasikorn is THE bank when it comes to create a bank account, they won't bother you with stupid questions or stupid requirements, just sit down and wait for your card to be ready.

if you're at the kasikorn, i guess it has been recommended by other foreigners for that reason.

Depends on what services you need - for opening a simple savings account, Kasikorn is by far the easiest one. I like the Chaweng branch (not too far from the post office) where there are a few english speakers and they take good care of you. If you need a credit card or something more complicated, the Siam Commercial branch in Big C (best opening hours too) has good staff. Good luck -

kasikorn is THE bank when it comes to create a bank account, they won't bother you with stupid questions or stupid requirements, just sit down and wait for your card to be ready.

if you're at the kasikorn, i guess it has been recommended by other foreigners for that reason.

That's what i am hearing & will start a new Account with them soon..

Are Debit Cards, be it Mastercard or Visa, easy enought o obtain with them too ??

Are Debit Cards, be it Mastercard or Visa, easy enought o obtain with them too ??

The Debit cards here, you can not use for purchase on Internet.

Must get Credit card.

debit cards are what you get, but credit card has to be forgotten : "Kasikornbank requires foreign customers to have a minimum of one year's work experience in Thailand to apply for a credit card, with a minimum monthly income of Bt50,000."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Expats-Apply...ds-t197936.html

Non immigrant visa at some banks, work permit at others

This up to the bank and branch.

I don't have one of those so I guess I have to keep all my money buried under my bungalow. Oh well, their loss.

When i first arrived in Samui, Siam City Bank in lamai gave me an account w/o a work permit or proper visa.

as from what they told me, they are on a quota to open new accounts... try a few of the banks in Lamai :o

I don't have one of those so I guess I have to keep all my money buried under my bungalow. Oh well, their loss.

I know where you live :o

My private account i opened a few years ago as a tourist in Bangkok bank. I put down a hotel as my adress and told them i never want any mail.

Just recently opened another savings-account as a private person, also without wp. I do have a non immigrant visa but i never show it in banks. No problems. But i always open in the mainoffice in Bangkok. Dont know about samui.

With visa card (50k baht credit i got now, i been a costumer for 5 years dont know if that has anything to do with it).

You need a valid passport offcourse, but nobody ever checked the visa. Still even without the credit it´s better than keeping the money under the bungalow (i also know where you live, poorsucker are welcome to pm me and we have ourselves a night out :o ).

You can use it also as a paycard in seven and tesco and some restaurants. Get one koohesti, now!

Edited by mattias33

I see. Thanks for all the info :o

Yes, a creditcard would be nice to have. We have a oneyear old daughter and you never know what can happen.

A little extra can come in handy when something unexpected happens.

Mattias 33:

May I ask what papers the bank required when you applied for the credit card?

I have a non-immigrant visa but no wp at the moment.

Thank you.

Edited by Comehome

I see. Thanks for all the info :o

Yes, a creditcard would be nice to have. We have a oneyear old daughter and you never know what can happen.

A little extra can come in handy when something unexpected happens.

Mattias 33:

May I ask what papers the bank required when you applied for the credit card?

I have a non-immigrant visa but no wp at the moment.

Thank you.

I actually did´nt bring any papers at all. Only my passport. But i´ve been a costumer in the bank for 5 years and quite alot money been in that account from time to time, possible it would have been different if i was a new costumer.

I tied the creditcard to the account i´ve had for 5 years. Still have not tried it out but there is supposed to be a 50 000 baht credit. It also have a visa tied to the account wich debit the money i have in the bank. That also did not take anything except the passport to open, and like i said i was a tourist when i opened that one.

Everything i refer to is in the mainoffice of bangkok bank. In bangkok. Dont know how the procedures in samui are. Heard about people being asked for everythig from housepapers,wp,visa and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

The Debit cards here, you can not use for purchase on Internet.

Must get Credit card.

Thanks for that, i wonder why that is then because i need a Paypal Account linked to my Thai Bank Accounts for easy accesss to $$ ( my current Paypal Account is linked to my US Account ) & you're right, i can't get it using my Thai Debit Cards so i'll have to open a new Account with Kaisikorn & get paid into that Account & hopefully will soon qualify for the Credit Card..