Thai To English Translation

JohnSkliros

Hello,

I really have made an effort to understand this message I received from a friend (I hope he's a friend!) but I am stumped (I don't drink alcohol). I would apprectate anyone offering a translation. For interest's sake, here is how www.sayhai.com rendered it:

.. When There Are People Prefering ดี่ม Alcohol Come Court He As A result Of Might Talk That

........... Alcohol Translate If Turn Be Exhausted ดี่ม Morning Evening Slain Parasite Dead And Gone

........... Rise In Heaven Became Easy. There Is Angel Counting Ten Thousand Very

........... Whom Not Drink Alcohol. Must Lonely Like To Is Without Boy/girlfriend

......... ยมพบาลจับ Foot Suspend. Hurl Konk Down Send โลกันต์

............... , As A result Of Remember He Come

This is the original message that I received:

เมื่อมีคนชอบดี่มสุรามาจีบเขาก็อาจจะพูดว่า

สุราแปลว่าเหล้า ดี่มค่ำเช้าฆ่าพยาธิตาย

ขึ้นสวรรค์ได้ง่ายดาย มีนางฟ้านับหมื่นแสน

ผู้ใดไม่ดื่มเหล้า ต้องหงอยเหงาเหมือนไร้แฟน

ยมพบาลจับตีนแขวน พุ่งหัวส่งลงโลกันต์

ลุงก็จำเขามา

My guess is it's a story or something I'm not familiar with but here's my guess:

When somebody who likes to drink liquor comes to chat him/her up he/she might say that this liquor is called whiskey, drink it morning and night, it can kill parasites. You can ascend to heaven easily there are many thousands of angels. Whoever doesn't drink this whiskey has to be lonely as if they don't have a partner.

Yomphabaan grabbed his foot and threw him down into hel_l (uncle/older male) he remembers.

I don't know what I'm translating here so I'll be wrong but clearer than the site you used. You might know the context so it might make sense. If not someone who knows what this is about might be able to jump in and correct me.

Edit: After doing some research Yomphabaan is the name of someone in hel_l whose job it is to punish people, โลกันต์ is a place in hel_l or something.

Edited by withnail

Hello Withnail,

Thanks so much for that. I have no other context for the mail as what I posted is all of it. And it wasn't in response to a previous mail of mine which was replied to seperately (and coherently). However, what I had omitted was the subject line:

ข้อความสั่นๆถึงหลาน

Perhaps that may shed some further light.

Also, the mail was addressed to two people, myself and another (Thai) whom I don't know. As you imply, perhaps it's a "spiritually uplifting thing"?

Hello,

I really have made an effort to understand this message I received from a friend (I hope he's a friend!) but I am stumped (I don't drink alcohol). I would apprectate anyone offering a translation. For interest's sake, here is how www.sayhai.com rendered it:

.. When There Are People Prefering ดี่ม Alcohol Come Court He As A result Of Might Talk That

........... Alcohol Translate If Turn Be Exhausted ดี่ม Morning Evening Slain Parasite Dead And Gone

........... Rise In Heaven Became Easy. There Is Angel Counting Ten Thousand Very

........... Whom Not Drink Alcohol. Must Lonely Like To Is Without Boy/girlfriend

......... ยมพบาลจับ Foot Suspend. Hurl Konk Down Send โลกันต์

............... , As A result Of Remember He Come

That preposterous gibberish is a perfect example of why there will never, ever, be any computer program capable of translating language, beyond a two-word road sign.

As a result of remember I go now, foot suspend and angel counting very... :o

The title is " a short message to my niece(s)/nephew(s)" you must have received it by mistake.

It makes a bit more sense in that case. The story based on the character at the end is obviously Thai/Buddhist mythology. He's probably trying to remember it because they asked him about it.

Kinda weird, but if I were to guess I think it sounds like the guy (uncle) is answering a niece's question/comment about alcohol? The spacing is more likely to be like this, with the part in quotation marks making up a little poem:

เมื่อมีคนชอบดี่มสุรามาจีบเขาก็อาจจะพูดว่า

" สุราแปลว่าเหล้า ดี่มค่ำเช้าฆ่าพยาธิตาย

ขึ้นสวรรค์ได้ง่ายดาย มีนางฟ้านับหมื่นแสน

ผู้ใดไม่ดื่มเหล้า ต้องหงอยเหงาเหมือนไร้แฟน

ยมพบาลจับตีนแขวน พุ่งหัวส่งลงโลกันต์ "

ลุงก็จำเขามา

(= This is something I heard once and am just passing on.)