August 13, 200818 yr I was looking at the interior of a Honda CRV today and was puzzled why anyone would want one compared to say an Accord/Camry. If I was living back home in Canada and had a smaller family I would defiantly consider one as it is basically a sedan with more ground clearance and 4wd. However since the last snow storm in Thailand occurred during the ice age I can't see why anyone would choose it. The Accord/Camry has a better interior, just as much seating and cargo space, I'm guessing a better ride also and the price is similar. Also in the event of an accident any cargo in the back space becomes a projectile where sedans have it enclosed in the trunk. Maybe some CRV owners can tell me why they chose it over a sedan.
August 13, 200818 yr My boss bought a CRV due to problems with flooding and mud in his area during the rainy season. Also, he has a family and has to take his son back and forth to school along with various musical instruments. Suits his purpose perfectly.
August 13, 200818 yr I did indeed crash a CRV (only slightly) and everything in the back launched forwards and upwards. But its a fun and light drive.
August 13, 200818 yr Author My boss bought a CRV due to problems with flooding and mud in his area during the rainy season. Also, he has a family and has to take his son back and forth to school along with various musical instruments. Suits his purpose perfectly. Ah yes flooding didn't consider that as it doesn't happen in my area.
August 13, 200818 yr Well I live up a 1 km dirt road with a gradient, when it rains we get furrows 12 inches deep in the road. Drive a normal car in Pattaya you got to be kidding me, statistics say you are 26 time safer in an SUV than a saloon car. Oh BTW we have 2 CRVs just in case. Arnold Judas Rimmer of Jupiter Mining Corporation Ship Red Dwarf
August 14, 200818 yr Well I live up a 1 km dirt road with a gradient, when it rains we get furrows 12 inches deep in the road. People buy pikcups if they live in places like that. Many who drive CRVs wouldn't even think of taking their "SUV" down that kind of road (you have no choice, of course, you live there).
August 14, 200818 yr Somepeople prefer because it is taller, giving an extra view unlike normal sedan. Generally SUV are safer when collision with lower vehicle. But dangerous when driving high speed or when cornering.
August 14, 200818 yr I thought about the CR-V but after test driving the Accord I changed my mind and bought the Accord instead. I feel its a much safer smoother ride, and the interior is a 100 times better. the boot is very big and the back seats go down if you need more space.
August 15, 200818 yr It all depends on what you want. I know guys who have jacked up 4X4's and the vehicles have never been off road. People often buy what they like and it usually has nothing to do with what they need.
Create an account or sign in to comment