Name And Shame - The Avenue

grahamhc

thai's are this...

farangs are that...

are we all desending into total racisim/discrimination on TV?

is it only the usual complaints, and no solutions, are all TV member still in the playground? ( not all most)

thats the easy road to take- the road chosen by the herd, or the sheep.. moan, moan, moan, followed by massive generalistion, etc, etc

by looking deeper into the cause's perhaps we can be a just a little more constuctive and suggest a postive way forward

Latin-American people are guest in a lot of Southern States of the USA

Indiens and Pakistani are guests in the UK

Turkish and Maroc people are guests in France, Germany and Holland

Do the host countries adjust their infrastracture to the habits of their guests?

A lot of foreigners with a completely different opinion on infra-structure are guest in Thailand.

Yes, infra structure and its planning could be better (or maybe not).

It's a part of the reason why we (or at least I am) here.

Either you get used to it or you don't.

Laew tae khun!!

Farangs do only 2 things well:

1. complaining

2. looking down on thais

That's a very special response aehn but I'll tell you what I told my daughter-in-law who said the same thing to me. I told her I will stop looking down on Thais when they stop looking up. Why my boy married her I couldn't say, because she's 35 years old and has the mentality of a 17 year old.

I refuse to lower myself to their standards, they will have to come up to ours.

Flame on if you wish.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was a post for comments on The Avenue, not for racial stereotypes of both Thai and Foreigners living in Pattaya itself. Yes, The Avenue has crap planning, well dont worry because all their projects which are in Bangkok all have bad planning as well. And as for the racial stereotypes, grow up, read the thread topic!

When I was living in Jomtien, I always left my car at home and took a baht bus. Sure saves a lot of hassle trying to find a parking place. If you park in a pay lot, the baht bus is cheaper than a parking place.

The best way not to get annoyed about the way thais think is just laugh it off as they are hilarious at making huge cock-ups.My 7 yo kid could do better at organising Pattaya infa structure.

The education system must be realy poor here as a retard could do better with some of the planning here.

Thais do only 2 things very well:

1.scamming

2.messing things up

And a fourth, copying.

With all of the Avenue's faults related to the design and such I really don't see charging the party makers some baht to use they facility as a easy and safe way to park while they go off and spend god only knows how much on wine, women and song.

As for the extra charge to park after midnight? It's a business and they are in it to make money. If you choose to use their facility for the safety and convenience then you should pay. A few extra baht for a decent place to park? Why not?

I agree. If you shop at Villa or see a movie at Major, then you can get your ticket validated and pay a very small parking fee.... and yes, 20 Baht is a SMALL fee. Ever try parking in New York or London? Change that "Baht" to "Dollars" or "Pounds". If you're using up one of their spaces without patronizing any of the businesses there, than I think 100 Baht is more than fair. Parking in downtown Pattaya is at a premium, and to have a safe place to park when you're out doing whatever it is you do, is worth the money.

I do, however, have a few of my own gripes with the Avenue:

1) The parking places directly adjacent to Villa are always occupied by some rental car company. It would make much more sense for them to store their cars in the garage than blocking access to convenient parking to what is arguably the mall's flagship establishment.

2) The stones they use for the walkway in the front - they're very slippery during the rain, and the mud in between them is awful... this should have been made from cement or non-slip tile, forgetting about the stones and little white pebbles.

3) The rear entrance/exit. As stated by the OP. All they need to do is to tear out the concrete lip in front of where the exit booth is, then there would be a separate entrance and exit.

That being said, I still use the place often because of the Villa. I've also heard a rumor about a second Villa being built in the shopping center that's being planned at Sukumvit and Khao Talo. Whether or not this is accurate, only time will tell.

And there we were, thinking that The Avenue was a naff design....when all along it is an acclaimed success

From http://nationmultimedia.com/2009/01/08/bus...ss_30092677.php

The key to the success of Contour, a retail brand-identity builder and design consultant, particularly well-known for community malls, is its accuracy in predicting shoppers' behaviour.

In a recent interview , Contour's executives talked to The Nation about their strengths in community mall design, their core business and the trend in community malls this year.

The company has designed - the J Avenue projects of Siam Future Development such as Major Avenue Ratchayothin, J Avenue Thonglor and The Avenue Pattaya; PTT's flagship gas stations at the entrance and the exit of the Bang Na second stage expressways; and Carrefour hyper market at Udomsuk.

Which I do agree on they are succesful in bringing in customers to their different locations. Since they emphaized with their clients the "Location Location & Location". But their parking system is HORRIBLE, for every project they have designed. I would guess its because of the Location and the rental rates for the land they have tried to cut down on spending too much for the car circulation thus have been bad.

I've never had a problem parking my motorbike, though it has been a bit tight on occasion. However, everywhere in PTY is getting tight. How about Carrefour? Used to be easy, now have to fight for a spot in a far corner.

You have to remember: Nothig make sense overhere. City Planners? They have all University Degrees. I beleve a 10 year old kid in Europe could do a better Job. Ha Ha Ha! What about all this Shophouses built on every spot in the City without any Parkingspace? Who give them the license to build directly at the street? So cars and Motorbikes are parking all over in the Sois and noone can pass trough. TIT.

The best way not to get annoyed about the way thais think is just laugh it off as they are hilarious at making huge cock-ups.My 7 yo kid could do better at organising Pattaya infa structure.

The education system must be realy poor here as a retard could do better with some of the planning here.

I read in one of the local rags that the guy who thought up the Second Road traffic system was a Ph.D. In comparative flower arranging I presume. The two way system is positively lethal.

Latin-American people are guests (illegals) in a lot of Southern States of the USA

Turkish and Maroc people are guests in France, Germany and Holland

Do the host countries adjust their infrastracture to the habits of their guests?

(Yes,as a matter-of-fact,they DO. Muslims want their own laws in their communities in France, Hispanics protest on the streets in the US for MORE. The main difference here is; they deport you !)

A lot of foreigners with a completely different opinion on infra-structure are guest in Thailand.

Yes, infra structure and its planning could be better (or maybe not).

It's a part of the reason why we (or at least I am) here.

Either you get used to it or you don't.

Laew tae khun!!

To suggest otherwise would display a total ignorance of the UK situation. Having screwed up their own countries they are well on the way to achieving the same in Britain. The backlash is gathering momentum.

To suggest otherwise would display a total ignorance of the UK situation. Having screwed up their own countries they are well on the way to achieving the same in Britain. The backlash is gathering momentum.

Perhaps it would have been better if Britain had not colonized ao many countries with dark skinned people. You can blame Queen Victoria for all those detestable fuzzy-wuzzies. The white man's burden :o

Edited by prospero