Can I Teach English Without A Degree

Yes you can! You can work illegally without a degree! It is very difficult to meet the WP requirement without a degree. I had to show my original degree to immigration in order to receive my non B plus an attached copy, and a copy was required for my WP.

Now, I am speaking from personal experience. I have read other posters from reliable members here on TV who state that they know "so and so" who possess a WP without a degree, but no one has elaborated any further than this explaining how they went about obtaining it.

I know many people working without degrees. Some close friends of mine teach without degrees. I assume that you are an adult, so you need to way the pros and cons.

How much can you expect to make? That depends. You could make anywhere from 20,000-45,000 baht a month with or without a degree. There are many factors involved in determining how much you will make. I know teachers with degrees making 25,000-45,000(on up) baht a month and non degree teachers pulling in the same. Good Luck! :o

Edit: Some international schools pay 60-80,000 baht a month, but you can forget about even getting close to these schools without a degree

Edited by mizzi39

Yes you can! You can work illegally without a degree! It is very difficult to meet the WP requirement without a degree. I had to show my original degree to immigration in order to receive my non B plus an attached copy, and a copy was required for my WP.

Now, I am speaking from personal experience. I have read other posters from reliable members here on TV who state that they know "so and so" who possess a WP without a degree, but no one has elaborated any further than this explaining how they went about obtaining it.

I know many people working without degrees. Some close friends of mine teach without degrees. I assume that you are an adult, so you need to way the pros and cons.

How much can you expect to make? That depends. You could make anywhere from 20,000-45,000 baht a month with or without a degree. There are many factors involved in determining how much you will make. I know teachers with degrees making 25,000-45,000(on up) baht a month and non degree teachers pulling in the same. Good Luck! :o

Edit: Some international schools pay 60-80,000 baht a month, but you can forget about even getting close to these schools without a degree

Yes, absolutely. In another thread I have said I know a teacher with no degree and a wp, which may be what you're referring to Mizzi. TBH this is a one-off- the school realy wanted that teacher who had already worked there for some time. If you can make yourself that popular in a school maybe it can happen but I think it's pretty hard to do. Then again soon there'll be no teachers left anyway so the market will be ripe.

It will get harder and harder to be legal, but illegal working will blossom.