Park Entrance Fees In Chiang Mai Slashed

george

Park entrance fees slashed

CHIANG MAI: -- From October 1 four national parks in Chiang Mai will cut admission to between Bt40 and Bt200 to boost visitor numbers in the low season.

Doi Phahompok, Doi Inthanon, Aob Luang and Doi SuthepPui national parks normally charge Bt40 per local adult, Bt20 per child, Bt400 per foreign adult and Bt200 per foreign child, said Thanthip Thongngamkham.

From October 1 on, Doi Inthanon would charge Bt40 per local adult, Bt20 per local child, Bt200 per foreign adult and Bt100 per foreign child while Doi Phahompok and Aob Luang would charge Bt20 per local adult, Bt10 per local child, Bt200 per foreign adult and Bt100 per foreign child. Doi SuthepPui would charge Bt20 per local adult, Bt10 per local child, Bt100 per foreign adult and Bt50 per foreign child, she said.

-- The Nation 2008-08-17

CHIANG MAI: -- From October 1 four national parks in Chiang Mai will cut admission to between Bt40 and Bt200 to boost visitor numbers in the low season.

Doi Phahompok, Doi Inthanon, Aob Luang and Doi SuthepPui national parks normally charge Bt40 per local adult, Bt20 per child, Bt400 per foreign adult and Bt200 per foreign child, said Thanthip Thongngamkham.

From October 1 on, Doi Inthanon would charge Bt40 per local adult, Bt20 per local child, Bt200 per foreign adult and Bt100 per foreign child while Doi Phahompok and Aob Luang would charge Bt20 per local adult, Bt10 per local child, Bt200 per foreign adult and Bt100 per foreign child. Doi SuthepPui would charge Bt20 per local adult, Bt10 per local child, Bt100 per foreign adult and Bt50 per foreign child, she said.

-- The Nation 2008-08-17

They are still crooks...

-- The Nation 2008-08-17

They are still crooks...

Three pounds to go into a National Park! That's more than England. :D

Well at least half. :o

PS. I left twenty years ago. :D

Edited by KevinHUNT

Not a chance I'd be visiting on those prices!!

my entry fees have always been slashed to zero because I either ride in on my bicycle in the early morning before the official shows up or I wait until later in the day and again no official and free entry. I mostly go to Monthathal falls because its easy to get to and nice steep road to pedal up. Okay I don't hang out all day but just use it for a quick workout.

Thailand inflation? what inflation? still free !!

-- The Nation 2008-08-17

They are still crooks...

And still very (very) stupid :o