Can You Buy Greeting Cards With Sound?

daveh

Before Thai Mother's Day, my wife and I were looking in a card shop in the States for an appropriate greeting card. Since US Mother's Day has long since gone and we didn't think to buy a card back then, we were limited to what was available. We ended up buying a very generic "You're Special" type of card that had a microchip and speaker. It played some random song then whatever message you recorded when the card was opened. My wife's mother and family thought this was the coolest thing.

Do they sell these in Thailand?

Dave.

Before Thai Mother's Day, my wife and I were looking in a card shop in the States for an appropriate greeting card. Since US Mother's Day has long since gone and we didn't think to buy a card back then, we were limited to what was available. We ended up buying a very generic "You're Special" type of card that had a microchip and speaker. It played some random song then whatever message you recorded when the card was opened. My wife's mother and family thought this was the coolest thing.

Do they sell these in Thailand?

Dave.

If I understand you correctly--the cards you are talking about not only play the disgusting, trite music--these are everywhere in Thailand--but you can record your own message for the recipient to hear--correct??

I, personally, have never seen these in Thailand---cooool. I want a thousand--no, joking. Maybe they are available but certainly not in the crap, run-of-the mill shops that I buy my cards from--maybe I don't get out enough.