You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Buying A New Bike-documents Required?

skybluestu

Hi,

I'm buying a new Kawasaki D-Tracker X in September and I just had an email from the dealer telling me to take Visa, Passport & Documents from my Embassy!!? I have a Work Permit and Thai Drivers Licence, is that not enough? Any idea what I need from the British Embassy and how I go about getting it?

Many Thanks in advance

Stuart

You will need a residency paper.. These are issued from either immigration or the embassy.. My local immigration is easy but I hear some others refuse to issue them (Chaing Mai)..

So visa (long stay), passport, entry chop / extension pages.. They dont care about license for ownership.

At the US embassy (consulate actually). You write out your own letter.

Something along the lines of:

Dear Sir. I have been asked by the Authorities to get a certified letter stating where I live.

My address is as follows.

xxx

xxx

xxx

xxx

Be as specific as possible. You need it in the Thai style. For me it's xxx Mooban xxx. Sukhumvit 101/1 Soi 43/1. Bangjak Prakanong Bangkok 10260 Thailand

The Amphur & district are important.

At the US consulate you then go & pay the fee - 2000 baht - & then you go back & they will notarize it for you.

Protect the original because that is all the motor vehicle guys will accept. You can make photocopies but if the orig gets rained on you have to start over.

I don't have WP so others might be right that it's not needed. You do need a permanant visa.