Pattaya Orphanage

hendrix

Rumor has it....

Anyone with a confirmation?

I have not heard the rumour.

Room sounds unlikely unless you were employed in a full time capacity

Work Permit is more likely. Under the labour laws even if your work is purely voluntary ie without remuneration you (ie foreigner) must apply for a work permit. This means you must have the appropriate visa ie not on transit stamp or tourist etc. In practical terms the Immigraion and Labour Departments generally overlook this type of work. I did some similar work in Chiang Mai and one thing the orphanage asked for was a police record. This was obviously for people who had criminal record for child offences.

I will be interested to find out how you go.

good luck and have fun. It is a rewarding experience.

CB

I have heard/read about this program in the past. I believe they do have some sorta program for foreign volunteers to work at their facilities for fixed terms and that they do provide accommodation for them. I think these are usually foreign exchange-student or Catholic school student type volunteers/interns. Not sure about the WPs...maybe not needed but if so, maybe they would arrange for them.

I have heard/read about this program in the past. I believe they do have some sorta program for foreign volunteers to work at their facilities for fixed terms and that they do provide accommodation for them. I think these are usually foreign exchange-student or Catholic school student type volunteers/interns. Not sure about the WPs...maybe not needed but if so, maybe they would arrange for them.

Anyone can volunteer, and they will provide room and board for full time staff, though I understand it is pretty basic. I don't think there is a fixed term, other than they want you to stay as long as possible to avoid upsetting the children with frequent turnover. I also believe that you can live away and volunteer whatever time you want to give.

Police checks etc are of course mandatory.

They do not provide work permits, and claim that it is not necessary, though in fact it is the law to have one. That is the reason I have decided not to volunteer there myself.

The best thing to do is contact the organisation directly, or if in the area go visit them.

Check out the web site www.pattayaorphanage.org.uk