Buying Condo - In Absentia ?

Does anyone know or have any ideas where i could find out. Is it possible to buy a condo in Thailand from outside the country with the use of a legal agent or with a power of attorney to my brother in law..

This is the scenario... I may be able to buy a condo in Chiang Mai for a very good price from a person we know who wants to upgrade to a house. If i had to fly to Thailand and complete the sale the deal would not look nearly as good with the extra costs. We could have my brother in law buy it and then resell it to me next time we are in Thailand but that's not the first choice because he might get hit with taxes when he resells that i would have to absorb..

We have done this a number of times for clients that are still living in their home country.

We have a licensed lawyer that works in the Sunbelt Chiang Mai office, he can check the title deed, prepare the condo purchase agreement and register it at the land department.

www.sunbeltasia.com

Does anyone know or have any ideas where i could find out.  Is it possible to buy a condo in Thailand from outside the country with the use of a legal agent or with a power of attorney to my brother in law.. 

This is the scenario...  I may be able to buy a condo in Chiang Mai for a very good price from a person we know who wants to upgrade to a house.  If i had to fly to Thailand and complete the sale the deal would not look nearly as good with the extra costs.  We could have my brother in law buy it and then resell it to me next time we are in Thailand but that's not the first choice because he might get hit with taxes when he resells that i would have to absorb..