Spiral Staircase

Noodles

Hi

I didn't know where else to post this, so I hope its ok here. I'm looking

to purchase a spiral staircase. Metal or wood. Does anyone have any info

where to purchase one in thailand, cost etc.

I don't really want to import, so I hop there is a company based in thailand

that can ship to samui.

Many thanks for your help.

On Page 11 of the August 2008 issue of a 90 baht magazine titled "Life and Home" is a full page advertisement for a firm known as STEPS DESIGN or perhaps RMC INTERGROUP. They had a VERY impressive double booth at the 2008 Architect Expo at Impact Convention Center. Other firms in Thailand that make and install spirial staircases advertise in several of the glossy "house magazines" that are sold at most newsstands in Thailand. I know nothing of the quality or prices of this particular company but you can phone 034-813-972 and ask for someone who speaks English or your native language. They list a web site www.rmcintergroup.com which only worked in Thai when I viewed the web site.

Thanks for your info I will give this site a look.

Thanks

Just so you know ANY spiral staircase be it wood or metal will need to be designed and then built in situ to fit you specific need. They'll need to know the height of the climb, your preferred riser height, desire riser depth and width - all are dependant on how much room you have for the staircase.

Also you could have a metal frame with wooden steps also . . . something to think about.

If there are any reputable joinery/furniture shops on Samui I'd expect they would be able construct it. With this you'll also be able to choose the timber used - obviously depending on what timber is used the cost will vary greatly.

• 11 years later...