Waiter Is Robbed And Hacked In Isolated Soi

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya Daily News: August 25th 2008

WAITER ROBBED AND HACKED IN ISOLATED SOI

Today, August 25th, at around 2 am, two thieves were on a motorbike, roaming around to rob in an isolated Soi. A restaurant head waiter, victim, came by on his motorbike. A thieve was kicking on the victim‘s motorbike to tumble down in the middle of the road. Moreover, the suspect had brutally hacked on the victim‘s head before taking the motorbike and sped away.

Pol.Maj. Khunawut Chainual, Banglamung investigator, was notified the incident and rushed to the crime scene, on the road beside Khao Sao Toeng Thong temple, Soi Khao talo, Moo 10, Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi.

The victim was attacked with a knife and severely injured and was already taken to Banglamung hospital by the Sawang Boriboon rescue team.

At the hospital, Police found Mr. Tharathorn Kamsamrarn (21), from Chonburi, (a head waiter from Green Bottle pub restaurant, on Pattaya beach) was hacked on his head above his left ear and had scrapes all over his body due to his motorbike had been kicking down on the road.

Mr. Tharathorn told police, he was riding his motorbike to his residence in the Soi, after finishing his work. On the way going home alone, where it was dark and isolated, there were two teens on a motorbike, riding close to him.

The man who was on the pillion seat had kicked on his motorbike, tumbled down and the suspects had stopped their motorbike. Immediately, one of them pulled out a knife, hacked on his head and threatened for his property. Mr. Tharathorn said he had managed to get up and ran to ask the near by neighbor for help. The thieves then grabbed his new orange and gray Honda Wave 125 motorbike, license No. 672, Chonburi, and sped away together.

The victim's neighbor informed his relative to notify Sawang Boriboon rescue to take him to the hospital. Initially, police presumed that the suspects could be the teen gang in the Soi who were waiting to rob the victim regularly because the routing was quite dark and isolated. Police would rush to arrest the suspects and to bring them to the justice as soon as possible.

Now keep the "Pattaya aint that bad" posts coming.......

Those newspapers are just the usual Pattaya Bashers - I've been here and I've never been attacked. Where we live on the darkside crime just doesn't happen and things that happen in Pattaya City could happen anywhere - Its wholesome and safe - a kind of beside the sea utopia, I've even convinced my wife its the best place to live in the country.

i tend to agree with the fact that when you here this you do feel uncomfortable then tomorrow is another day.No way would i go around soi khotalo walking or on a motorbike,as i have always felt unsafe there.

No pavement and no street lighting is what makes it unsafe round there, though it isnt a good idea to be alone there after 11-12PM.

These muggers mean business with the violence first approach.

You can call the local papers "rags" but they do give you some idea of

what's going-on around town. I know sometimes Libya gets some grief

for bringing us the news but in truth, he only relays a fraction of the

bad stuff that happens out there. I've been thinking of trying to move

to the dark side in the hopes it would be more "normal" and "peaceful"

but some of the crazier things do seem to happen on those isolated

soi areas over there at night. Sadly, most often to working honest thais.