PAD Lay Siege On Government House, NBT TV Station

george

For the record, I believe that the voting requirements will be changed for the next election. I don't see this Wiki thing being discussed this morning, but rather an educational requirement to qualify to vote which would be enforced. It would lead to local village heads pushing education which would be an upside, but for the time being would remove the threat of Thaksin incarnates continually being elected.

That is just my view and I expect a lot will disagree.

I am sure that many would disagree OMR, including myself because it denies the common man/women the right to vote.

BUT... After THINKING about it, does Thailand have any hope for Democracy without idea's such as this? It clearly is not working as it is now.

But what a paradoxy! How can a democracy be a democracy whilst actively denying certain people the right to vote? Well i S'pose that that is an impossibilty.

So what happens in the meantime? Should Thailand be allowed to carry on as it is, democratic for the sake of democracy and being raped for all it has by the selfish C**T's at the top. Or should a "Mediator" be appointed whilst this fledgling democracy to mature?

Is it possible to not have a democracy without communism or a dictatorship? Is there a "middle way"?

The mind boggles.

How about votes weighted on the amount of rice an individual produces. This would have the added benefits of:

a. Encouraging the sufficiency economy

b. Encouraging minimum wage labour to return to the fields thus developing the countryside

c. An increase in the sales of washing powder as middle class women learn to wash their own dishes

d. A reduction in the gross overcrowding of Bangkok's traffic as people returned home

e. A massive increase in Thailand's rice production thus propelling Thailand to the top of rice production league with a lead of 10

f. A massive reduction in Thailand's carbon footprint thus keeping the green's happy.

g. Massive increase in the sales of hand moisturiser and manicures as the middle class return to the fields for the first time in 2 generations.

Or maybe, the farmers of Thailand might just forget to plant next year if you take away their vote?

How about preventing anyone voting or holding political office who cannot prove proof of birth in Thailand back at least 4 generations? Oh woops, that disqualifies half the parliament.

A Thai is a Thai, and if that changes, this country will deservedly go into meltdown.

Or make harsh punishment for vote buying and for accepting the money.

for accepting it: Pay 10x the amount or if no money take any goods of that value and lifetime ban for elections

for vote buying: lifetime away from politics and not 5 years and a jail term.

Can't disagree with that. I think that anybody, regardless off nationality, education ect caught abusing their right to vote should not only have that right stripped from them, but they should also be punished. Think about it and it is a very serious offence.

The downside is that it will take some time (A generation or two.... three.....) for the electorate, both rich and poor to learn that selling your vote is WRONG WRONG WRONG.

And in the meantime it would take a non-corrupt government that is willing to educate the common folk to guide them and help them to understand what democracy is and why they should vote for the right reasons. (Where is that cross-eyed, I have no answer smilie)

As somebody has mentioned before it took countries such as the UK a long long long time to have a true democracy (Rotten boroughs ect).

Relatively we are expecting Thailand to have a democracy overnight.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I see lot's of people complaining and protesting.

My question is: What should be done to get things going in the right direction?

Get rid of Samak and his friends, and then what?

Who will steer Thailand in the right direction?

Who?

For the record, I believe that the voting requirements will be changed for the next election. I don't see this Wiki thing being discussed this morning, but rather an educational requirement to qualify to vote which would be enforced. It would lead to local village heads pushing education which would be an upside, but for the time being would remove the threat of Thaksin incarnates continually being elected.

I am sure that many would disagree OMR, including myself because it denies the common man/women the right to vote.

BUT... After THINKING about it, does Thailand have any hope for Democracy without idea's such as this? It clearly is not working as it is now.

But what a paradoxy! How can a democracy be a democracy whilst actively denying certain people the right to vote? Well i S'pose that that is an impossibilty.

So what happens in the meantime? Should Thailand be allowed to carry on as it is, democratic for the sake of democracy and being raped for all it has by the selfish C**T's at the top. Or should a "Mediator" be appointed whilst this fledgling democracy to mature?

Is it possible to not have a democracy without communism or a dictatorship? Is there a "middle way"?

The mind boggles.

How about votes weighted on the amount of rice an individual produces. This would have the added benefits of:

b. Encouraging minimum wage labour to return to the fields thus developing the countryside

c. An increase in the sales of washing powder as middle class women learn to wash their own dishes

d. A reduction in the gross overcrowding of Bangkok's traffic as people returned home

e. A massive increase in Thailand's rice production thus propelling Thailand to the top of rice production league with a lead of 10

f. A massive reduction in Thailand's carbon footprint thus keeping the green's happy.

g. Massive increase in the sales of hand moisturiser and manicures as the middle class return to the fields for the first time in 2 generations.

Or maybe, the farmers of Thailand might just forget to plant next year if you take away their vote?

How about preventing anyone voting or holding political office who cannot prove proof of birth in Thailand back at least 4 generations? Oh woops, that disqualifies half the parliament.

A Thai is a Thai, and if that changes, this country will deservedly go into meltdown.

for accepting it: Pay 10x the amount or if no money take any goods of that value and lifetime ban for elections

Judging from a recent thread in the Isaan forum on vote buying/selling, at least half the farangs in that region would be poorer and have a wife banned from voting for life, if your proposal was implemented. Is this why so many apparently yearn for the Toxin years, when vote buying became a standard practice down to village headman and Or Bor Tor election level, and their wives would give the walking ATM a break for a day or two from nagging for money. :o

One of Toxin's legacies was to get the masses to scrap amongst themselves for bones, while he feasted on the finest sirloin steak from creaming off mega-projects. You can see by the way Samak just rushed to announce new mega-projects just days from being elected that he and Thaksin thought the good days of rape and pillage were here again; but that was before the porcine-faced thug had figured on PAD's watchdog role. It'll be back to burning the pad thai and tasting/complaining to his neighbours for him I fear before long. He'll soon be history; but who will step into the breach and make peace amongst the factions is the only question? Or, will PAD go the whole hog and force the entire PPP muppet show out?

Well I see now my idea is damaging the farang population. Some will leave the country. The Thai families will have to work for their life if the farang is not paying anymore, but not enough jobs. Beer Chang will sell less, they'll have to release staff. Instead of restaurants and expensive supermarkets they have to cook themself.....closing...staff has no work anymore.

Beer price raise, Barfee rise, the bitches have no jobs anymore...Thai Baht falls, Gasoline rise...only female tourists come

Thailand collapse......

a lot closer example is Udon Thani

LOL - I didn't see that.

Another good example would be the recent uprising in Burma.

NBT now reporting that they have received the CD from PAD which claims to show violence being used against protesters. The news anchors have said that they are currently converting it to tape so that they can show it, as apparently they cannot play the video direct from the CD.

To be honest - I don't think I can buy that excuse. But since I don't know what equipment NBT has at their disposal, or what equipment may have been damaged in the preceding days, I guess we'll just have to wait.

I would rather ASTV just show it, for crying out loud - if they claim they have it, why not show it? What's the point of withholding it?

Any good station has two or three Avid workstations.

Throw in the CD, transfer to hard disk and play to air

about 20 minutes for 10 minutes of DVD video.

They could play it in a DVD player,

record it during a first watching right to computer,

and pick two edit points, and throw the Grass Valley switcher,

and you are on air.

No, no, content editors are checking it for content that gets

their butts in a sling with the bosses.

Maybe they don't want to get raid from the police, if they send it....

Or they need a shedule:

Saturday 5-5.30: PAD raid

Saturday 6-6.30: Police raid

Saturday 7-7.30: free no raid

Saturday 8-30 PAD....

LOL used to be you only got raided if you ran a katoey bar

or gambling den or internet cafe. My how times change. :o:D

Interesting - just now Thai PBS was playing a tape in slow motion during the time teargas was being fired - one canister in particular appeared to have come from the police side, but it is difficult to tell whether it actually came from inside the police compound, or from just in front of the gates (which would indicate either PAD or a third party).

The mind boggles.

Can't disagree with that. I think that anybody, regardless off nationality, education ect caught abusing their right to vote should not only have that right stripped from them, but they should also be punished. Think about it and it is a very serious offence.

The downside is that it will take some time (A generation or two.... three.....) for the electorate, both rich and poor to learn that selling your vote is WRONG WRONG WRONG.

And in the meantime it would take a non-corrupt government that is willing to educate the common folk to guide them and help them to understand what democracy is and why they should vote for the right reasons. (Where is that cross-eyed, I have no answer smilie)

As somebody has mentioned before it took countries such as the UK a long long long time to have a true democracy (Rotten boroughs ect).

Relatively we are expecting Thailand to have a democracy overnight.

It would simply take politicians to be so absolutely shit scared of vote buying that they daren't do it. The issue of selling a vote against buying one is a very different thing. Sale is no guarantee of delivery of services rendered, purchase is the crime.

People don't need their voting rights removed to get educated. Punish them for what? Taking between 500 to a couple of thousand baht? Shit, Thailand has millions of baht passing hands every day in dodgy deals every day.

From Bangkok Post

Samak will be asked to step down by his key allies: informed sources

Leaders of the People Power Party's key coalition partners have agreed to ask Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej to step down, sources said.

The decision were made at a meeting at Chart Thai leader Banharn Silapa-archa's residence late Friday evening, the sources said.

Crack some heads of PAD scum - time to stop the madness!

Anyone else out there a little bit worried by this particular posting?

I would more worried if Britmaveric was Samak's alter ego thinking out loud.

Maybe the Moderators can do something about "Crack some heads"....

after killing people what he post next "Police rape the women"??

Leave it there for the original poster and all to remember. Maybe he was also a big DRUG War fan when they killed a few thousand without trial.

He can always swallow his pride and go ask a mod himself they delete that sh!t.

His 30 minute EDIT session has expired long ago. :o

Edited by Tony Clifton

Why is it the "Rich and Shameless" and "The Mafia Wannabees" always catch the Innocent "Just Trying" to get along People" in their crossfire?

PAD is a Band of Terrorists Thugs who have done a "Bush" and used the Media to Brainwash a Bunch of Bored people into thinking They have a Genuine intrest in them.And a Political itinerary!(?)

They are the same "Mafia" which Taksin tried to clean up. And are fearful that Samak will also erode their power base.

They have all been just as Guilty of corrupt and illegal activities as those they accuse.

The (Ole General) sceaming git, I remember from "92" when he ordered the University students Killed in BKK.I was here then too.And It WAS a Peacefull demonstration! And a Terrifying trying time for Thai Peoples! ("The Big Guy" Finally sorted that one out!)

This Gang of thugs (aided by lonley grannies and disgruntled Deeply indebted workers) Has promised people that (Once again!) When they take power they won't have to pay back their bank loans!(Free Pick Up and Free House!Yippee!) And The Wealthy in the South won't have to pay taxes!As well as saying Thailand is Corrupted by western Democracy.(The Burmese TatMadaw say the same of their land!?)

Who then WILL pay back the loans?(We all know that one!)The Last Coup enabled alot of Reniging on Loans.Sounds Great but "New Democracies" don't understand the "Boomerang" Financial effect this method has on ALL of society.( Higher interst rates and added hidden charges as a lack of economic trust insues!)

Sondhi KNOWS about Telling Banks to get Stuffed!

If anybody has had translation of Most of the 3 months of ASTV/PAD Bla Bla, It's xenophobic, Swearing ,Bad Mouthing, and division speeches ."Stupid Isan People" "Mother F....ing British" "Greedy Farang B.st.rd Dogs" and NO Mention of a PLAN or Vision for the Future! Nothing!

Without Isan People,Thailand Don't Gin Kao!Bangkok aint Built!The Resorts in the South aint built,cleaned or Manned by Staff! (As for Farangs and the Modern English Well.....:-)

And When The ASTV/PAD South Hooligans Take Power, will the "Religion thing" come back and split them again? Daaaa!

Perhaps Samak Elect of the Thai Majority(Who chose to Vote!) Should have been His Tough old Self here.Because in the end Everybody looses anyway! And now The "Terrorists/Hijakers" seemingly win!(Oh Yeah!Unless "The Big Guy " Intervenes again,Sondhi has 'Crapped" and Peed on his New Turf!)

Either that or He and Sondhi should just Muay Thai box it out and let us peace loving people get on with a Sabai Life!

Sad Days For LOS(Gone?)!

Interesting - just now Thai PBS was playing a tape in slow motion during the time teargas was being fired - one canister in particular appeared to have come from the police side, but it is difficult to tell whether it actually came from inside the police compound, or from just in front of the gates (which would indicate either PAD or a third party).

Whoever it is, they would be standing right in front of the police and shooting tear gas cannisters. Ordinarily, would you expect the police to allow someone to stand right in front of them fully armed? Not me, unless of course, they knew this person and what he was up to.

The mind boggles.

Given the reality of the situation, quite a reasonable suggestion with maybe a five year ban from voting rather than a lifetimes. :o

NBT now reporting that police have analyzed one or more of the tear gas canisters, and determined that the contents did not match with the type of tear gas that the police use.

Pretty easy to say that, I guess... but how are they going to prove it?

As my wife was there....Of course possible that there is some fake but highly unlikely...

And what is with the rubber bullets?

And why didn't the police arrest the shooter, who must have been almost at the police?

Why do they need to analyze the canisters if they didn't do it?

Whoever it is, they would be standing right in front of the police and shooting tear gas cannisters. Ordinarily, would you expect the police to allow someone to stand right in front of them fully armed? Not me, unless of course, they knew this person and what he was up to.

Well, the canister that is repeatedly being shown on tape came from the area of the gate, for sure. But the police were on one side of the gate and the protesters on the other - so can't really expect them to have been in a position to do anything about such a person on the other side of the gate.

It's a shame in Thailand you go to the police station to retrieve stolen property and you get tear-gassed.

It's a shame that you have to go to the police station to reclaim your stolen goods, as they're the blokes what stole 'em.

Criminals who owe them favors often have to do dirty jobs for them, they may just have given some police uniforms. Then again, the regular guys extort money from drivers daily at the side of the road, go figure.

The mind boggles.

Given the reality of the situation, quite a reasonable suggestion with maybe a five year ban from voting rather than a lifetimes. :o

No if you sabotage democracy how you can vote? And I don't think after 5 years people have other opinions

NBT now reporting that police have analyzed one or more of the tear gas canisters, and determined that the contents did not match with the type of tear gas that the police use.

As my wife was there....Of course possible that there is some fake but highly unlikely...

And why didn't the police arrest the shooter, who must have been almost at the police?

Well, it wasn't fake - just apparently not the type the police use. NBT just had a report from police headquarters that some of the police at the gate were also affected by the tear gas - so no doubt it was real.

Crack some heads of PAD scum - time to stop the madness!

Dude.

I disagree with the majority of your posts, and I disagree with this one immensley

Instead of responding angrily I would like to politley remind you that innocent people may lose their lives in the near future, whether or not you agree with them do they deserve to die because they have a different opinion to the government?

Please just take a step back, think about the potential consequensies (Sp?) of heads being "cracked", and tone it down a bit.

Please.

Civil disobedience has a price.. So if your going to indulge in law breaking, dont be shocked when the bill comes due.

Go out, in direct disobedience of courts, police, warnings, and realistically you have asked for what can happen. People can say civil disobedience is a right (I would argue its a right to assemble, not smash, and disrupt business and other people) but its also true that people who break laws get punished.

Like the old sayings.. Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

PAD is a Band of Terrorists Thugs who have done a "Bush" and used the Media to Brainwash

Call out the lifeguards! Someone has gone off in the deep end again. Yeeeshh!

Well, it wasn't fake - just apparently not the type the police use. NBT just had a report from police headquarters that some of the police at the gate were also affected by the tear gas - so no doubt it was real.

sorry unclear english.....

The tear gas was real, I know that. Some fake who used it.

The mind boggles.

No if you sabotage democracy how you can vote? And I don't think after 5 years people have other opinions

To err is human , to forgive devine ...... its a buddhist country after all. We all make mistakes sometimes. You never made a mistake in your life h90 ?

General Panlop just been shown in an interview on channel 9 repeating the remarks he made in the Bangkok Post. Apart from saying the attack on the t.v station was his idea he went on to say he is not as patient as Chamlong and that he was trying to provoke a heavy handed response from the govournment should they not step down voluntarily so that he would have an excuse to act.

While he was talking there was a steady stream of SMS messages not taking either side but just expressing horror at the turn of events and commending the police for their patience. I cannot believe that this is what SJ , Tony and the others think is the best way forward for Thailand ?????? If people like this ever get their hands on power it will be a long time for the Thai people to suffer, the economy will nosedive....in short, one of the blackest episodes in Thai History.

I can't believe it either... as I've never said that.

I also don't recall saying this your honor.

Shameful...

NBT has just shown video of PAD supporters literally forcing their way past police protecting the VIP rooms at the airport - obviously causing panic amongst passengers waiting there.

Definitely no violence on the part of the police - but the PAD supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

Shameful...

NBT has just shown video of PAD supporters literally forcing their way past police protecting the VIP rooms at the airport - obviously causing panic amongst passengers waiting there.

Definitely no violence on the part of the police - but the PAD supporters should be ashamed of themselves.

which airport?

Shameful...

which airport?

Oops :o

Phuket.