Visa Got Wet, Is There Anything I Can Do?

I have a 12 months multiple entry type o visa which i got from Hull in England before i camer here. It got wet whilst i was in Cambodia - luckily they stamped it for another 90 days and let me back into Thailand with it.

I am worried that next time i have to leave they won't allow me to use it coming back in and i'll have to get a 30 day tourist visa.

Is there any way i can get it re-stamped??

I have a 12 months multiple entry type o visa which i got from Hull in England before i camer here. It got wet whilst i was in Cambodia - luckily they stamped it for another 90 days and let me back into Thailand with it.

I am worried that next time i have to leave they won't allow me to use it coming back in and i'll have to get a 30 day tourist visa.

Is there any way i can get it re-stamped??

I presume asking your local friendly immigration officer will do no harm?

Explain what happened.

But take care that you still have at least 21 days left before you have to cross the border again.

Maybe not needed, but one never knows!

thanks for the reply. a few peole have "presumed" this, but others have said they won't sort it if it was issued in England.

Does any one know for definite as i don't want to go to immigration and get told they won't do it and i need to go and get a tourist visa

Does any one know for definite as i don't want to go to immigration and get told they won't do it and i need to go and get a tourist visa

The ONLY Authority who can answer this 100%, is the one you are trying to avoid - I dare to assume why?

How badly damaged is the visa and passport?

If both are fully legible I wouldn't bother doing anything as the only authority who can re-issue a VISA is the consulate that issued it in the first place, and they will charge. If the passport is sufficiently injured that it will need replacing then you're basically stuffed as you'll only be able to transfer the latest entry permit :o

Perhaps you could post a scan of the offending items (blank out personal details) for a more informed view.

As it is a 12 month visa that has been badly smudged i am not keen to go to immigration if all they'll do is say it is in valid - i may as well wait until i have to leave the country in approx 60 days to get told this.

The only reason they let me in with it last time was because i promised to give the guards kid free english lessons (still awaiting ominous phone call) after she told me it was invalid.

I have numerous English friends who tell me they have 30 day visa's. Maybe they aren't called tourist visa's, maybe they're talking rubbish??

I really wanted to know if anyone else had had the same problem and got it re-stamped/re-issued for free.

Basically the ink on the full page red stamp has run so you can't read any print, the blue stamp from the consulate has run as well so you can't read the print. As the visa number, type and dates valid for used different ink or were hand written these are still legible.

i think i shall just try the puppy dog eyes on the border again maybe accompanied by a limp and a bandaged arm. Any other suggestions for persuading the border guards are welcome.

As it is a 12 month visa that has been badly smudged i am not keen to go to immigration if all they'll do is say it is in valid - i may as well wait until i have to leave the country in approx 60 days to get told this.

The only reason they let me in with it last time was because i promised to give the guards kid free english lessons (still awaiting ominous phone call) after she told me it was invalid.

I have numerous English friends who tell me they have 30 day visa's. Maybe they aren't called tourist visa's, maybe they're talking rubbish??

I really wanted to know if anyone else had had the same problem and got it re-stamped/re-issued for free.

Basically the ink on the full page red stamp has run so you can't read any print, the blue stamp from the consulate has run as well so you can't read the print. As the visa number, type and dates valid for used different ink or were hand written these are still legible.

i think i shall just try the puppy dog eyes on the border again maybe accompanied by a limp and a bandaged arm. Any other suggestions for persuading the border guards are welcome.

The people you refer to on 30 day stamps have come to Thailand on a 30 day Visa Exempt Entry; citizens of certain countries can do this for a total of 90 days in a six month period.

As Crossy says, only the original issuing consulate can do anything about your visa. Please note that it is also illegal to post your passport from Thailand; so you would have to travel back to Hull to fix it and you could always get a new visa while you were there anyway.