Comments On Etihad?

girlx

I live in Dubai, Ettihad are a good airline, certainly on a par with Emirates, maybe even a little better as I think Emirates have gone downhill recently :/

Luckily Virgin now fly Dubai - London so can use them when visiting home. I think when the new planes are in use then Emirates quality will increase again, some of the planes are getting a bit tatty, not <ropey Eastern Europe Airlines> level of tatty but just a few things here and there, talk is they are waiting for the new planes.

Can recommend Etihad, prices similar to Emirates too, maybe little less. If in Dubai they arrange a free bus service to Abu Dhabi if based in Dubai

I enjoyed flying both with Etihad and Emirates. Qatar Airways? not sure. Sometimes they're alright sometimes they're not. Long long looooong queu waiting at chek in. I never get that with Etihad or Emirates. Reconfirming a booking or rather the return flight with Qatar which was back then the norm, was a nightmare as it took me over 6 hours of phoning their office in Tunis and they simply would not pick up the phone. A real nightmare. Eventually I went to theri office in Tunis and i was apalled at the terrible and rude service I received from them. Flights are usually ok with them it's just the service from some of their offices is really bad.

I think for a long time Emirates had a 'good' reputation and I used them for UK-Bangkok flights regularly, quickly getting to Silver Skywards. I even opted for them when flying at the expense of my company.

However times change and I have defected to Qatar Airways. I am interested to hear all the good comments about Etihad and it seems that their business class is better? than Qatar Airways. I will give them a go next UK trip early 2009.