100 Things You Didn't Know About Expats

qwertz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking straight: Most of westerners come here to find fun, nightlife or a new (young) girlfriend, wife or partner. I't would be impossible for a 60 year old man to find a 23 year young girlfriend or wife or boy in Europe or USA. Of corse, your commonsense should tell you: it's all about money. Maybe you even build a 3 million Baht House in Thailand, which you loose anyway after a few years. But in California it would be a 3 Million Dollar House to satisfy the "Madam", which you loose anyway after a few years. Therefore the best way in Thailand is, to stay alone and enyoy every day.

To make money is more difficult here than in your home country. But i ask anyone, espscially from Europe: Do we still have a home country: In my opinion. Germany and Switzerland was perfect in the sixties and seventies. Today it's better if you are foreigner, when you plan to a life there. You'll get much better treatment by the goverment, if your name is Igelnaz or Muhhamed.

<br />Talking straight: Most of westerners come here to find fun, nightlife or a new (young) girlfriend, wife or partner. I't would be impossible for a 60 year old man to find a 23 year young girlfriend or wife or boy in Europe or USA. Of corse, your commonsense should tell you: it's all about money. Maybe you even build a 3 million Baht House in Thailand, which you loose anyway after a few years. But in California it would be a 3 Million Dollar House to satisfy the "Madam", which you loose anyway after a few years. Therefore the best way in Thailand is, to stay alone and enyoy every day. <br /><br />To make money is more difficult here than in your home country. But i ask anyone, espscially from Europe: Do we still have a home country: In my opinion. Germany and Switzerland was perfect in the sixties and seventies. Today it's better if you are foreigner, when you plan to a life there. You'll get much better treatment by the goverment, if your name is Igelnaz or Muhhamed.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

You are 100% correct. In Europe its better to be a foreigner or fugitive, you are pampered the rest of your life. You are able to bring all your famlily over, and they get pampered also. If you speak out against it they call you a racist or a Nazi. And then we not yet mention the curse of the growing Islamification of Europe. More and more we feel an alien in our own country.

The very modern and comfortable government housing project are for 80% occupied by foreigners becaue they live of welfare and therefore have an low income, so they pay a rent that is 50% lower than the normal rental rate on the private market. The get free health care and so on.

<br />Talking straight: Most of westerners come here to find fun, nightlife or a new (young) girlfriend, wife or partner. I't would be impossible for a 60 year old man to find a 23 year young girlfriend or wife or boy in Europe or USA. Of corse, your commonsense should tell you: it's all about money. Maybe you even build a 3 million Baht House in Thailand, which you loose anyway after a few years. But in California it would be a 3 Million Dollar House to satisfy the "Madam", which you loose anyway after a few years. Therefore the best way in Thailand is, to stay alone and enyoy every day. <br /><br />To make money is more difficult here than in your home country. But i ask anyone, espscially from Europe: Do we still have a home country: In my opinion. Germany and Switzerland was perfect in the sixties and seventies. Today it's better if you are foreigner, when you plan to a life there. You'll get much better treatment by the goverment, if your name is Igelnaz or Muhhamed.<br />
Ma<br /><br /><br />

You are 100% correct. In Europe its better to be a foreigner or fugitive, you are pampered the rest of your life. You are able to bring all your famlily over, and they get pampered also. If you speak out against it they call you a racist or a Nazi. And then we not yet mention the curse of the growing Islamification of Europe. More and more we feel an alien in our own country.

The very modern and comfortable government housing project are for 80% occupied by foreigners becaue they live of welfare and therefore have an low income, so they pay a rent that is 50% lower than the normal rental rate on the private market. The get free health care and so on.

Lots of the foreigners who live in germany and switzerland(not the socalled Refugees)have earned the right to be there!! years of hardwork and bullying by german burocrats, in the 60,s and 70,s having to work for low wages because you were bound by your work permit to one employer, refuse to do unpaid overtime and you could be deported, living and working in thailand is a doddle compared to germany and switzerland, here is an example of what used to be common practise in the wine growing areas of switzerland and germany, employ agroup of foreign labourers to look after your vineyards give them a place to sleep and feed them,give them access to medical care, promise to pay them their wages after the harvest is over , day before payday invent some form of excuse to sack them all,have the local police on hand to bus them out to the nearest border and deport them,I realise that since all the border checks stopped the flood of socalled refugees is enormous, countries like france pay refugees a huge bounty and give them free transport to another country, e,g, railtickets to germany or ferry tickets to UK , just putting the problems on other countries doorsteps. in closing without the influx of foreign labour the heavy industries in germany and switzerland , would have moved overseas years ago

Many settle, just as many become disenchanted.

What makes them keep coming, despite the hurdles?

Wouldn't it be easier to break new ground in neighbouring lands nowadays.

There are negatives in any country and/or city. No place is 100% perfect.

It depends on the individual. I add up all of the positives and the negatives and if the positives outweigh the negatives then it's fine where I'm at.

exactly

<br /><br /><br />

Ich will eine grillwurst mit pomfritz habe

Many settle, just as many become disenchanted.

What makes them keep coming, despite the hurdles?

Wouldn't it be easier to break new ground in neighbouring lands nowadays.

:o Haven't we had this conversation before on this forum?

Climate---a big no to snow and cold winters. That eliminates a lot of European countries.

Cost of living----I can't really afford to live in most EU countries (with the current Euro/Dollar exchange rate) on my pension/social security. I can still manage in Thailand (this is for after I retire from work that I'm talking about)

Othe countries in S.E. Asia area----Philippines...crime rate is high. Malaysia...fine if you follow the rules, but I personally have been told that flats were not availbale to rent except for Malays, and no alchohol allowed please in Malaysia. Laos...I've never been there, but I have no friends and family there.

Cambodia...I was there quite a few years ago...they shot at me then. I know it's a different world, but I still feel a little wierd returning to a place the people once tried to kill me. Singapore...costs as more or more than places in Europe. Indonesia...Bali sounded nice until the bombings a few years back.

But the biggest reason for staying in Thailand...I have friends and family here.

No place is perfect, but if I have to be in an imperfect place, I'd rather have it be Thailand than most other countries.

:D

I never had this conversation with you.