The Triple Entry Tourist Visa

Hello, if anyone could help out with the logic (or illogic) regarding the 'triple entries' of the triple entry tourist visa, it would be much appreciated. Mainly - how long do each of the triple entries last; how do I activate the new entry; and, what cost is involved?

To break it down ... I entered the kingdom on a triple entry tourist visa in July. It will expire in January. When I entered in July, the immi officer wrote "Sep 9" on the little square box. So, from what I've gathered, this means on Sep 9, I go down to the Immigration Bureau and extend it for 30 days (at 1900 baht)? If so, I'm a bit confused about what to do after that next 30 days. Do I just cross a border, and then the next tourist visa is recativated? If so, will this next tourist visa also last for two months?

I'm so glad these things are so straight forward - apologize for the ignorance, any help would be greatly appreciated ...

Yes that is how it works. Every tourist visa entry for you will be 60 days and you can extend each entry 30 days but you can not enter after the visa expiration date (six months from issue in your case). So if you want the 3rd entry it must be made before it expires.