Google/cat

niller74

I have had a very weird experience with Google over the past 4-5 days.

Most of the time google.com or any of its aliases like google.co.th are not returning any data. Websites that require data from google time out. ThaiVisa is one of them. Apparently media.thaivisa.com link to googleadds or something.

google.com and google.co.th respond to pings and i can traceroute to the host.

I haven't noticed any other domains or hosts not accessable, so I am really puzzled here.

Every once in a while google then respond and I am able to get the front page, search and browse them for some time (1 hour or so), then it goes back to not accessable again.

On my other connections TOT and TT&T this isn't an issue at all.

Give me your best shot guys as I am clueless to this. I am 99.9999% sure it is related to the CAT network.

I would try going through an OpenDNS DNS server

That may help determine if CAT is having DNS problems with Google.

Most of the time google.com or any of its aliases like google.co.th are not returning any data. Websites that require data from google time out. ThaiVisa is one of them. Apparently media.thaivisa.com link to googleadds or something.

I haven't noticed any other domains or hosts not accessable, so I am really puzzled here.

Every once in a while google then respond and I am able to get the front page, search and browse them for some time (1 hour or so), then it goes back to not accessable again.

Give me your best shot guys as I am clueless to this. I am 99.9999% sure it is related to the CAT network.

I strongly doubt this is a DNS issue. I am using OpenDNS already, but have tried CATs own DNS and it is still the same.

If it was a DNS issue the pings and traceroutes would fail.

Edited by niller74

If you are already using Open DNS then it would definitely not be a DNS issue. unless you need to flush your local cache. Can you ping the google sites that are timming out?

I strongly doubt this is a DNS issue. I am using OpenDNS already, but have tried CATs own DNS and it is still the same.

If you are already using Open DNS then it would definitely not be a DNS issue. unless you need to flush your local cache. Can you ping the google sites that are timming out?

Yes, I can ping them fine. Everything seems to be working fine, except traffic on port 80 to google. You really get to realize how much traffic is going through google or depending on google, when stuff like this happens.

Since it has been going on and off for 5 days now, I am getting a little annoyed by it.

I've never had problems with regular google sites, such as their search engine or the ad delivery..

The only google thing not connecting properly is google-analytics. It's not really a problem, all pages load, but for example Thaivisa pages never reach the "done" status, it just gets stuck at "waiting for google-analytics"...

Am on CAT as well.

Last week had a bit of speed problems with them (<1000kbps on a 2M package) but as from yesterday this seems to be resolved and it is now rock solid at 100% of rated speed!

319031086.png

319031924.png

Currently downloading a linux distro at a very stable 280 kBps using Orbit download manager.

And they just brought down the price to 1890 Baht/month for the 2/1 Mbps package :o

Exactly what i feared.

Called CAT and all they could say, was that it was working fine at their office.

They told me to change DNSs, reboot the modem and all the other standard answers, without even listening to what I had to say. Dealing with these techs is so frustrating.

Wonder what they will do now? Probably nothing!!