Translating Jokes

tgeezer

I have a joke here in 'thaigrit' which I would like people to try on Thai speakers to see if it works as a joke.

Little girl wants to take the dog for a walk but the 'dog' is a bitch in heat and mother doesn't want to take a chance, grandfather solves the problem by putting petrol on the dog's behind to kill the scent. The girl returns without animal. Mother, concerned, asks "where is the dog", the little girl nonplussed, explains. " it is ok she ran out of petrol and another dog is pushing her home.

เดีก หญิง ตัว น้อย อยาก จะ พา สุนัข ออก ไป เดิน เล่น แต่ เป้น สุนัขตัวเมีย และ กำลัง ติดสัด คุณแม่ เป๊น กังวล เลย ไม่ อยาก ให้ ลูกสาว พา ออกไป

คุณปู่ หัวใส เลย หา ทางออก ดว้ย การเอา น้ำ้มัน มา ทา ที่ ก้น สุนัข เด็กหญิง มา เดินกลัป เข้าบ้าน คนเดียว คุณแม่ ตกใจ ถาม ลูกสาว ว่า "หมา หาย ไปไหน ล่ะลูก" เด็กหญิง ตอบ อย่าง ไม่รู้สึก ตกอกตกใจ อะไร ไปว่า "ไม่ มี อะไร หรอก ค่ะ คุณแม่ พอ น้ำมัน ที่ ปู่ เติมให้ มัน หมด ก็ พอดี มี หมา อีก ตัว มา ช่วย ดัน ตูด ให้ มัน เดินกลับ มา บ้าน ค่ะ"

The spacing is to help people who may be unfamiliar with all the words

• 3 weeks later...
I have a joke here in 'thaigrit' which I would like people to try on Thai speakers to see if it works as a joke.

Little girl wants to take the dog for a walk but the 'dog' is a bitch in heat and mother doesn't want to take a chance, grandfather solves the problem by putting petrol on the dog's behind to kill the scent. The girl returns without animal. Mother, concerned, asks "where is the dog", the little girl nonplussed, explains. " it is ok she ran out of petrol and another dog is pushing her home.

เดีก หญิง ตัว น้อย อยาก จะ พา สุนัข ออก ไป เดิน เล่น แต่ เป้น สุนัขตัวเมีย และ กำลัง ติดสัด คุณแม่ เป๊น กังวล เลย ไม่ อยาก ให้ ลูกสาว พา ออกไป

คุณปู่ หัวใส เลย หา ทางออก ดว้ย การเอา น้ำ้มัน มา ทา ที่ ก้น สุนัข เด็กหญิง มา เดินกลัป เข้าบ้าน คนเดียว คุณแม่ ตกใจ ถาม ลูกสาว ว่า "หมา หาย ไปไหน ล่ะลูก" เด็กหญิง ตอบ อย่าง ไม่รู้สึก ตกอกตกใจ อะไร ไปว่า "ไม่ มี อะไร หรอก ค่ะ คุณแม่ พอ น้ำมัน ที่ ปู่ เติมให้ มัน หมด ก็ พอดี มี หมา อีก ตัว มา ช่วย ดัน ตูด ให้ มัน เดินกลับ มา บ้าน ค่ะ"

The spacing is to help people who may be unfamiliar with all the words

OK, try this. My girlfriend read your joke, asked me a couple of questions to clarify and (mentioned the spelling mistakes) then typed this for you:

เด็ก ผู้หญิง ตัว น้อย อยาก จะ พา สุนัข ออก ไป เดิน เล่น แต่ เป็น สุนัขตัวเมีย และ กำลัง เป็นประจำเดือน คุณแม่ เป็น กังวล เลย ไม่ อยาก ให้ ลูกสาว พา ออก ไป

คุณปู่ หัวใส เลย หา ทางออก ด้วย การเอา น้ำมัน มา ทา ที่ ก้น สุนัข เด็กผู้หญิง เดินกลับ มาบ้าน คนเดียว คุณแม่ ตกใจ ถาม ลูกสาว ว่า "หมา หาย ไป ไหน ล่ะ"

ลูกสาว ตอบ อย่าง ไม่รู้สึก ตกอกตกใจ อะไร ไปว่า ไม่ มี อะไร หรอก ค่ะ คุณแม่ พอ น้ำมัน ที่ คุณปู่ เติมให้ มัน หมด ก็ พอดี มี หมา อีก ตัว มา ช่วย ดัน ตูด ให้ มัน เิดินกลับ มา บ้าน ค่ะ

Even put the spaces between the words too!

Ask around see if other Thais like it?

Cheers,

It works

but you don't have to put the spaces

เด็กผู้หญิงคนหนึ่งอยากพาสุนัขออกไปเดินเล่น แต่สุนัขตัวเมียตัวนั้นอยู่ในช่วงติดสัด แม่เลยไม่อยากให้ลูกสาวพาออกไป คุณปู่จึงแก้ปัญหาโดยการเอาน้ำมันมาทาที่ก้นของสุนัขตัวนั้น พอเด็กผู้หญิงกลับมาบ้านคนเดียว แม่ตกใจจึงถามลูกสาวว่า "หมาหายไปไหนล่ะ"

ลูกสาวที่ไม่ได้รู้สึกตกอกตกใจอะไรตอบกลับไปว่า "ไม่มีอะไรหรอกค่ะคุณแม่ พอน้ำมันที่คุณปู่ทาให้มันหายไป ก็มีหมาอีกตัวมาช่วยดันตูดให้มันเิดินกลับบ้านค่ะ"

Edited by thithi

It works

but you don't have to put the spaces

เด็กผู้หญิงคนหนึ่งอยากพาสุนัขออกไปเดินเล่น แต่สุนัขตัวเมียตัวนั้นอยู่ในช่วงติดสัด แม่เลยไม่อยากให้ลูกสาวพาออกไป คุณปู่จึงแก้ปัญหาโดยการเอาน้ำมันมาทาที่ก้นของสุนัขตัวนั้น พอเด็กผู้หญิงกลับมาบ้านคนเดียว แม่ตกใจจึงถามลูกสาวว่า "หมาหายไปไหนล่ะ"

ลูกสาวที่ไม่ได้รู้สึกตกอกตกใจอะไรตอบกลับไปว่า "ไม่มีอะไรหรอกค่ะคุณแม่ พอน้ำมันที่คุณปู่ทาให้มันหายไป ก็มีหมาอีกตัวมาช่วยดันตูดให้มันเิดินกลับบ้านค่ะ"

Err, yes!

When I wrote "even put the spaces between the words too", I meant my girlfriend had done that to keep it in the same style as the original poster, not that I had done it.

Yes, my English is crap, why didn't I explain myself more clearly! - slap on wrist.

(Tongue-in-cheek there, I am English!)

Thanks for pointing it out though.