Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mary Hartman: Anyone here on AN still in love with her?

Featured Replies

Dear Folks,

Just before I left the United States, for the final time, I fell in love with Mary Hartman.

I think it was her hairstyle, among other things, which led to my obsession.

Woody Allen loved her, as you know.

But, I loved her, too.

Must have been Something About Mary which attracted us to her, like flies to honey.

Those were the days.

And, that was a time when life was far simpler than now.

Why did we fall for Mary?

Anybody know?

I would like to know.

Best regards,

Gamma

Note: I know you recall Mary Hartman.......The love of my life, during the late 1970s.......

Good Times with Mary Hartman......

We miss those days, do we not?

great time being a wise ass sarcastic teenager growing up. Wood allen movies, bananas with her she was so sexy.

  • Author
Just now, gk10012001 said:

great time being a wise ass sarcastic teenager growing up. Wood allen movies, bananas with her she was so sexy.

Mary Hartman

Mary Hartman

How we do miss you, these days.

How much would we give to return to those days?

That is the question.

"Goats and chickens. Chickens and goats." From first episode I believe... some kid killed them... Loved that show, sometimes got sublime zen like bits.... When Mary was hiding under sink and wouldn't come out & hubby Tom trying to point out all the great (?) things in life... maybe had the line having a toast, and a 4 slice toaster at that.

Louise just died a couple months ago... RIP

Did not like the show. Did not think she was attractive.

But, wow, 1970's hair!

It only cost us a hole in the ozone layer...

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

Edited by KhunLA

  • Author
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

This was a fantastic series, which was a parody of Soaps.

I loved it as a young man.

I still Love Lasser, but she was taken by Woody.

I have always wondered what she was REALLY like.....

Was she worried about the Yellow-Wax buildup on her kitchen floor, for example?

I guess we will never know.

  • Author
1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

The reason, I guess, that most people did not watch M. Hartman, maybe.....

Is because the humor was flying over their heads.

They did not understand that the series was a spoof, or a parody.

Most Crazy Americans just are unable to appreciate parody.

I guess one must attend an Ivy School to love parody.

  • Author
2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

Also, please appreciate this:

In the first episode.....

DIG THAT CIG, held loosely in her lips.

She inhales like a true tough guy, almost Bogartish......

Edited by GammaGlobulin

21 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Also, please appreciate this:

In the first episode.....

DIG THAT CIG, held loosely in her lips.

She inhales like a true tough guy, almost Bogartish......

A woman with a cig, in mouth or even in hand, turns me off ... NO THANKS

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

Best shows back then were Mash, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Barney Miller, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Happy Days, and a couple other minor ones. Never watched Mary Hartman.

  • Author
2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

A woman with a cig, in mouth or even in hand, turns me off ... NO THANKS

This is satire/parody, Sir.

Please do your best to enjoy it.

  • Author
1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Best shows back then were Mash, All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Welcome Back Kotter, Barney Miller, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Happy Days, and a couple other minor ones. Never watched Mary Hartman.

Thanks for your enlightened reviews of PABLUM, Fred.

This is just what I would have expected from you.

GO...TEXAS.....!!!!!!!!!!

Bunch of complete Red-Necks down in Texas.

Nothing changes.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

  • Author
32 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Bunch of complete Red-Necks down in Texas.

Nothing changes.

After all is said and done......

Why did most of us leave and come to Thailand?

Yes, you guessed it.....

We wanted to escape the American Red-Necks......

So then, why are you here, anyway?

==============

Maine is still good.

So, it was either Maine or Asia.

Many of us chose Asia.

Boston is OK, though.

7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Had to google her, and don't remember 'mary hartman' or ever seeing Lasser in anything, from the list of acting credits. Go figure

2 yrs & 325 eps, on every night ... yikes, and I never saw it 😂

1976-77, can't say I watch much, if any TV back then. 22 & 23 yrs old.

Looking at that clip, pretty sure I'd never watch that 🙄

Looking at top 30 shows (wiki), back then, remember 'Mash' & 'Barney Miller"

From that list, rest were made for the 'brain dead'

the tv show was not aired at normal times. I only heard of it while in College at URI. Not sure what channel used to air it. There were not many choices back then!

  • Author
4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

the tv show was not aired at normal times. I only heard of it while in College at URI. Not sure what channel used to air it. There were not many choices back then!

I think it was on some UHF channel, back then.

Please do not ask me to recall the exact channel, in my local area, outside Philly.

That was 50 years ago.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thanks for your enlightened reviews of PABLUM, Fred.

This is just what I would have expected from you.

GO...TEXAS.....!!!!!!!!!!

Bunch of complete Red-Necks down in Texas.

Nothing changes.

I rate them as I see them, and those are all top rated TV shows. That you know little about TV series besides Mary Hartman shows this, so again, best to refrain from commenting on things you know little to nothing about. You only comment on Texas as it's where I came from before moving here, out of your jealousy of my knowledge on things and your ignorance on same. Yes, nothing will change, as that ignorance is ingrained.

No.

  • Author
47 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I rate them as I see them, and those are all top rated TV shows. That you know little about TV series besides Mary Hartman shows this, so again, best to refrain from commenting on things you know little to nothing about. You only comment on Texas as it's where I came from before moving here, out of your jealousy of my knowledge on things and your ignorance on same. Yes, nothing will change, as that ignorance is ingrained.

Do you feel proud knowing so much about American TV shows, such as the ones you mentioned?

5 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you feel proud knowing so much about American TV shows, such as the ones you mentioned?

Nothing to do with being proud. You said those shows were pablum. You aren't up on what's good in music series or movies. You live in the past, as the videos you post are songs we all listened to 50 years ago. Music coming out is still excellent. These things I'm passionate about. If you'll look at the series I mentioned, they just happen to be highly rated anyway.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Music coming out is still excellent.

Name ten excellent songs you suggest, music that is "coming out", as you say.

This should be interesting.

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Name ten excellent songs you suggest, music that is "coming out", as you say.

This should be interesting.

Robert Jon and the Wreck-many songs, The Steel Woods- many songs, Blackberry Smoke-many songs, Haken-ditto, Big Big Train-ditto, The Bardic Depths-ditto, Lonely Robot-ditto, Pattern Seeking Animals-ditto, Karfagen-ditto, 7 Miles to Pittsburgh-ditto. Downes Braide Association, Mason, Revlin Project, Rick Miller, Voodoo Highway, Hydra, Theander Expression, Mystery Moon, Domino Drive, Tedeschi-Trucks band, Joe Bonamassa, The Damn Truth, Mother of Millions, Audrey Horne, Toby Lee, Marcus King, Philip Sayce, Joanna Shaw Taylor, Alcantera, These Wicked Rivers, The gathering Field. The reason for many and ditto is because they all have a lot of good songs. There are a thousands bands I could name from the last 20 years that are excellent, both in musicianship and lyrical content.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

  • fredwiggy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.