Changing Marriage Visa To Retirement One

I would like to know if it is possible to change my visa based on marriage to a retirement one. I have been living here on the former for 4 years, it next needs renewing in December. I am over 50 and have had over 800,000 in a Thai Bank account all this year. I top up this money from an overseas account but do not have a pension as yet. If anyone can advise I would appreciate it.

I would like to know if it is possible to change my visa based on marriage to a retirement one. I have been living here on the former for 4 years, it next needs renewing in December. I am over 50 and have had over 800,000 in a Thai Bank account all this year. I top up this money from an overseas account but do not have a pension as yet. If anyone can advise I would appreciate it.

About 3 weeks before your current extension Extension runs out. Apply for a new extension based on Retirement. Easy.

They may want to speak to your Wife to explain to her you change of Immigration status.

Question, why change?

Anyway, take care, the validity of your current extension need to be at least 21 days!

This being the period needed for the Immigration to consider your application.

If you change from marriage to retirement, expect some questions about the why.

That said, it seems the work for a retirement extension seems to be considerably less for the immigration officers, so who knows?

How easy would it be the other way round - i.e. change a retirement visa to marriage one? I already have a retirement visa but am considering the possibility of changing it to a marriage one upon its expiry (assuming, of course, that I marry my tiirak in the meantime) on the grounds that the minimum monthly income requirement is 40k THB as opposed to 65k THB for a retirement one. Am I likely to prove unpopular with Immigration on account of causing them a lot more work?

And could such a visa change be done at a local immigration office? Or only at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok?

How easy would it be the other way round - i.e. change a retirement visa to marriage one? I already have a retirement visa but am considering the possibility of changing it to a marriage one upon its expiry (assuming, of course, that I marry my tiirak in the meantime) on the grounds that the minimum monthly income requirement is 40k THB as opposed to 65k THB for a retirement one. Am I likely to prove unpopular with Immigration on account of causing them a lot more work?

And could such a visa change be done at a local immigration office? Or only at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok?

They will try to explain to you that the retirement extension is the easiest way(for them,of course),at a local Imm. Office may be more forcefully as in Bangkok.

No,I don't think your popularity will improve! :o

They will try to explain to you that the retirement extension is the easiest way(for them,of course),at a local Imm. Office may be more forcefully as in Bangkok.

Yes they wont be too pleased , but if he does not have the income for retirement they will have to oblige. Presuming he meets all the other requirements.

Yes they wont be too pleased , but if he does not have the income for retirement they will have to oblige. Presuming he meets all the other requirements.

Thanks for your comments, chaps.

Fingers crossed that the £'s current downward plunge against most other currencies - including, believe it or not, the baht - is reversed (or at least arrested) come the time I need to renew my retirement visa :D

Thank you for your replies to my original question. As to why, it just seems less hassle obtaining a retirement visa ie do not have to take my wife and small child nor have to go back and forward till I can produce photos considered acceptable. Also I feel more comfortable not being dependent on another for my right to stay here.