Dumbest Thing You've Ever Done In Pattaya

hendrix

Rang the bell in misty go go one night, cost 30.000 baht,. the tw@t of a manager even had the cheek to overcharge, ive never been back there :o

Is this in the past year (approx.) with Paul as manager?

Wouldn't 've expected it of him or Andy. But now Andy is much more enamoured of his new gaff.

it was andy and it was 5 years ago, as i said ive never been back, blond haired brit as i remember,.

Andy is the owner - dark-haired scouser.

Paul is the manager for about a year now (maybe longer)

Try their new place in Soi 15 (Walking Street) and you'll be pleasantly surprised. (But prices have changed in five years!!)

I may have the hair color wrong but not the name, he was running if for a guy from hong kong i believe,drove a jeep copy as i recall,...actually may be 7 years ago, how time flies when you re having fun

During my second trip to Thailand, late one evening and being the worse for wear decided to catch a Baht Bus back to the hotel - traffic was heavy around midnight as I jumped on and spent the entire ride holding on to the pole at the back, no other passengers on board. Suddenly the "bus" turns left, then right then left again, stops outside the drivers house and the driver gets out and asks me why I'm hanging on to the back of his truck - on closer more sober inspection I realize it wasn't a baht bus after all, just some poor old guy in his truck on his way home for the night. He was really good about it all but I had a fairly long and sobering walk back to the hotel.

In June 2007 I met a girl in V2O (ice bar) just off walking street, she was stunning and as I speak Thai we got on well, one thing led to another and we spent the night together (I should mention here that I am not in the habit of going out with girls that work in Bars/clubs and that there was no bar fine cost involved here), I flew back to Australia the next day and before leaving called her to thank her for an unforgettable night. We talked on the phone spasmodically over the next 4 months and I came back to Thailand in Oct 07. On my return she was in Bangkok, where I was based and I got to know her a lot better, she has a rich Expat boyfriend who is married to a Thai girl and has two children with her (she is his Gik). I guess I was her Gik! Over the next four months we saw each other at every opportunity and I found myself fallinjg in love with her. At no time was there ever any request for financial support, allthough once she called me in tears and asked for money, which I gave without hesitation, to my suprise the loan amount was repaid in full the next time we saw each other. I then returned to Australia in Feb 08 and we communicated for a short time before she stopped talking to me. The day before I was due to return to Thailand (she had no idea I was coming) and after three months of no contact, I received an email from her asking how I was. I did not reply but instead called her when I landed on 29 June. She helped me find an apartment and treated me as if we had never been apart, I was introduced to all of her circle of friends and they were all aware of our relationship.

The last month has been bliss for me with her spending all of her spare time with me. I evemn got to meet her expat boyfriend, who seemed like a nice guy, but was blissfully unaware that I was his Gik's Gik (so to speak). I had fallen in love with this girl and I believe she was in love with me.

Last night she came to my place unexpectedly, walked in, had a shower, changed the channel to a Thai soap and then started having an argument with her expat boyfriend via SMS, I decided to go to bed as I did not want to watch her texting her boyfriend. When she came to bed I jokingly asked "who won" she responded, "ask me something else" I said "up to you" and the next thing I know, she's out of bed gathered her stuff and left the apartment, I texted her asking what I had done wrong and got "<deleted> off, do not SMS me again.

I have no idea what the trigger was but suspect her lawyer girlfriend has advised her to dump me and stick with the money train before she got too attached. I am today a shattered man and now know why I am not in the habit of going with girls from bars/clubs!

That is my taleof woe and going with her was the dumbest thing I've ever done in Pattaya. By the way I do not hold any bad feelings towards her, she is after all only looking after her financial future. Did I neglect to say I am happily married to a wonderful wife? so there was no future to our relationship and I was being very selfish in the first place by pursuing the relationship.

My ex g/f and I went out for lunch and got back to the hotel 5 hours later seriously pissed. I lost the key and we couldn't get in. One of the maids walks past and the g/f asks her to open the door to see if the key is inside. We open the door and 2 naked people were firmly embraced, lots of wide eyed staring back and forth and I don't know who was more surprised. Wrong floor!

I made a trip once in the early 80s. Came to Pattaya for a 17 day vacation with US$ 16,000 in my pocket.

I left 17 days later and had to borrow 500 baht from a friend to pay the airport tax. He took me to the airport.

I'm sure I did something foolish during this time but I cannot remember what.

I made a trip once in the early 80s. Came to Pattaya for a 17 day vacation with US$ 16,000 in my pocket.

I left 17 days later and had to borrow 500 baht from a friend to pay the airport tax. He took me to the airport.

I'm sure I did something foolish during this time but I cannot remember what.

Obviously you didn't bring enough of the folding stuff.

Early '80's - airport tax? Don't recall it that long ago, but then I was based in Phuket at that time. Thought only Samui had extra charges then.