Is It Possible To Carry On A Pc

lifeisrandom

assuming it meets the height and weight requirements of a carry-on luggage - are there any regulations about carrying it on? i have never seen anyone do it so i am just wondering i would prefer to not have to load it in the bottom of the plane

and when i take the PC back to bangkok is there a chance that thai customs will try to charge me import tax? if i have a receipt showing that it was purchased in bangkok will i be exempt from import taxes upon arrival in bangkok?

My last flight from BKK -> NRT, someone did exactly that. Had a mini-tower with some of that "plastic ribbon" tied around it so as to form a handle, and an LCD monitor (with the base removed) sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard.

I am assuming the miscellaneous pieces were either in a carryon or checked bag.

He went through security ahead of me, I noticed no problems.

There is another thread on this exact topic.

No one reported problems.

I brought one into Thailand (PSU in the hold luggage) no one asked for import tax or to see it working etc. I flew with Thai and was carrying a lot of other luggage.

HTH

assuming it meets the height and weight requirements of a carry-on luggage - are there any regulations about carrying it on? i have never seen anyone do it so i am just wondering i would prefer to not have to load it in the bottom of the plane

and when i take the PC back to bangkok is there a chance that thai customs will try to charge me import tax? if i have a receipt showing that it was purchased in bangkok will i be exempt from import taxes upon arrival in bangkok?

:o Just guessing but I think it will be okay. Make absolutely sure it meets height/weight requirements and can fit in overhead bin. You might be lucky enough to get cabin personel to store it if it doen't fit in overhead bin, but don't count on that. Hint: if you can afford it fly business class to get a higher weight allowance at check-in. Even if you don't check the PC in, the extra weight might just make the cabin staff a little more customer friendly toward you. The other choice is to buy a second seat for it (very expensive). I don't think there is now any Thai import tarrif on PCs, but I could be wrong. It would be smart to have a reciept, preferably in Thai, for it from a Bangkok store.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

I always carrying a Laptop PC and its very common that travellers carrying PC today and it seems no problem to have aboard or any custom problems..