Gf Steals Chanote /and Burns Passport...help!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Anyone any thoughts?"

I believe not a single word of your post. Entertaining, though.

Well thats entirely up to you! I have the scars ,hospital bill,police report and accountants bill which I could post if I was more computer literate

Actually, you don’t have to prove anything to anybody on this forum.

You stated your case, obviously having had rather bad luck and it would be very much appreciated

if people, who are in a position due to knowing their way around, land-office and so on

could give you usable advice to kind of limit damage.

Somebody wanting to make a movie about it, remember somebody did the same about the titanic

making entertainment with a horrible tragedy.

Some people it seems can only accept a reality which complies with their wishful thinking

about LOS ignoring the fact that here as anywhere it can be shady from sunny to black.

"Anyone any thoughts?"

I believe not a single word of your post. Entertaining, though.

Well thats entirely up to you! I have the scars ,hospital bill,police report and accountants bill which I could post if I was more computer literate

Actually, you don’t have to prove anything to anybody on this forum.

You stated your case, obviously having had rather bad luck and it would be very much appreciated

if people, who are in a position due to knowing their way around, land-office and so on

could give you usable advice to kind of limit damage.

Somebody wanting to make a movie about it, remember somebody did the same about the titanic

making entertainment with a horrible tragedy.

Some people it seems can only accept a reality which complies with their wishful thinking

about LOS ignoring the fact that here as anywhere it can be shady from sunny to black.

Its very funny when it aint happening to you! the reason I posted this site was I was hoping for more information on damage limitation, to date not a lot.Ive been a member here for quite a while ,but only post for info not to slag people off

She was a working girl from soi 2 but not for very long ,in the uk I heard her talking in thai on the telephone to some about doing something along these lines of whats happened ,

That was an important piece of information don't you think? Inspector Jacques Clouseau could have solved this one.

get a bit drunk having a laugh in kareoke bar.

What was the laugh ? was it something like putting your hand down some girls pants ?

Seems strange all this started in the Karaoke bar ?

Was she the perfect partner before this Karaoke experience ? :o

My thoughts exactly. Who would take a long term partner who you are serious about to a karaoke bar in Asia?

If he has a habit of taking her to these kinds of places, she knows exactly what he thinks of her.

TH

"Ive been a member here for quite a while..."

According to your profile, you're a very recent member, and virtually all of your posts have to do with "GF Steals Chanote and Burns Passport". As I mentioned earlier, entertaining, even if it a hoax.

"Ive been a member here for quite a while..."

According to your profile, you're a very recent member, and virtually all of your posts have to do with "GF Steals Chanote and Burns Passport". As I mentioned earlier, entertaining, even if it a hoax.

So a recent member joined TV on 13/8/2005,long before you, or perhaps you need glasses!

I learned a bitter lesson about ten years ago. It was a one point five million baht lesson. To sum it up quickly, my lawyer forgot who I was and said he never made any contract. The old lady I trusted (no girlfriend) told me it would be a shame if the police discovered drugs in my apartment and a little later on she had me followed when I went on a trip to Jomtien. She told me who I went with and where we stayed. She told me that the guy wanted 10,000 baht to kill me. I walked away and considered it as an expensive lesson NEVER to be repeated. No more shady companies and no more scum ball Thai lawyers for me.

"So a recent member joined TV on 13/8/2005,long before you"

I never claimed to be a long-term member. My eyes are fine, but my hairline is not.

"Some people it seems can only accept a reality which complies with their wishful thinking"

The OP made his own reality. He started with "my passport has been burned...help", and then posted, I'm back home". Evidently he didn't need help with his passport, so why did he add that to the mix? However, reading his entire post, it's clear that he is spectacularly unprepared for life without day-to-day guidance from his mother and father.

Unfortunately people are of very different capabilities in life - perhaps we here on TV should start to issue some basic and consistent warnings. If you have not grasped what is said on this forum and wish to buy then IMO you ONLY do the following:

1) Buy into a well run freehold condominium - there are good examples of how to determine this on this forum. (A condominium is almost like a hotel with all the facilities. You just actually own the room/flat/apartment/suite/penthouse.)

2) Make sure it is in YOUR name under the Farang (foreign ownership quota)

3) Do not even contemplate buying a house or land if you have not understood all that is said on this forum FULL STOP.

4) Do not buy a condominium off the plan if you have not understood all that is said on this forum FULL STOP.

If necessary/uncertain rent first.

No one who owns a condominium in their own name has these problems FULL STOP. And if they do have problems they can get assistance from TV members/Thai/International law and will win (unless they are breaking the law).

Edited by pkrv

Very good post. I do take a small exception to buy only from the foreign ownership quota. The exception being that if you have a history of being able to sustain a steady relationship with a woman over an extended period of time, it can be financially beneficial to buy in her name. People that take their significant others to go-go’s, beer bars (at night), or karaoke clubs are not the exception.

TH

Very good post. I do take a small exception to buy only from the foreign ownership quota. The exception being that if you have a history of being able to sustain a steady relationship with a woman over an extended period of time, it can be financially beneficial to buy in her name. People that take their significant others to go-go's, beer bars (at night), or karaoke clubs are not the exception.

TH

thanks for the compliment TH :D . I would say your argument is for the advanced students :o BUT even then I would say in joint names - we are Farang/Farang and own jointly - it is just sensible.

Well, we are Farang/Thai but I couldn’t pass on the Thai quota discount and if after 10 years and 5 countries, she was going to rip me off, so be it. :o

TH

Depending upon when and if I/we buy a condo in Bangkok (at the moment, it's part of my retirement plan) I may end up going the same routine you did. If at the time there is a significant difference in the discount between the Thai quota and the foreigner quota, then this could be an option difficult for us to pass up. For the moment, however, I do plan on joint ownership which would be considered foreigner owned.

"Unfortunately people are of very different capabilities in life..."

That's true, and my "wishful thinking" would be that farangs would be more intelligent, and accept responsibilities for their actions.

Let's take a peek at what the OP had to say...

He hired a prostitute - be that as it may. He fell in love with a prostitute - bad move. With his own money, he set up a company, built a home, and bought a motorbike - honestly, great moves. He then gave it all to a prostitute - very bad move. He picked a fight, and physically assaulted with a prostitute - a very very bad move. He contemplated hiring someone to kill her - bingo, a rabidly bad move. In his own post, he referred to himslef as "stupid", and I can't argue with that.

Well, we are Farang/Thai but I couldn't pass on the Thai quota discount and if after 10 years and 5 countries, she was going to rip me off, so be it. :o

TH

Depending upon when and if I/we buy a condo in Bangkok (at the moment, it's part of my retirement plan) I may end up going the same routine you did. If at the time there is a significant difference in the discount between the Thai quota and the foreigner quota, then this could be an option difficult for us to pass up. For the moment, however, I do plan on joint ownership which would be considered foreigner owned.

Hi donx - I know you have your head screwed on :D - as a matter of interest what discount do you see today between Thai and Farang quota condominiums? Is it that significant?

Edited by pkrv

Well, we are Farang/Thai but I couldn't pass on the Thai quota discount and if after 10 years and 5 countries, she was going to rip me off, so be it. :o

TH

Hi donx - I know you have your head screwed on :D - as a matter of interest what discount do you see today between Thai and Farang quota condominiums? Is it that significant?

I don't have any personal examples of any discounts between the Thai and the Farang quota, only what I have seen posted in these threads by others. But take the building you bought into - I bet you would find it easier to sell your unit than a comparable unit owned by a Thai. That translates into you being able to ask more for your unit don't you think? The difference may not be that much, but it may be that if I wanted to buy a unit in your building, there may only be units available for purchase in the Thai quota. If I really really really had to live there, then I could see having my Thai wife buy the unit. There may not be a discount (though I think because of supply and demand it probably would be less expensive), but at least there would be units available. From what I am hearing from others here, it sounds like for top-end projects the Foreigner quota sells out well before the Thai quota.

This may all change when we eventually end up buying something in Bangkok. In fact, maybe they will remove the 49% ownership restriction that I know you see as detrimental to harmonious living between the Thai and Farang communities.

Sorry for going off topic. To respond to the OP, all I can say is I hope it all works out for you. I can't give you any real advice because the situation you are in is very precarious. Get help from a trusted Thai lawyer is about all I can recommend.

Walk away.

Don’t come back to Thailand, go to Vietnam, Philippines they have beautiful girls and start again. Learn from this experience.

:o

There's more scammers in Philippines than Thailand. You have to meet good Filipino girls at church, professionally, or through friends only.

Extract from Post # 48

Sorry for going off topic. To respond to the OP, all I can say is I hope it all works out for you. I can't give you any real advice because the situation you are in is very precarious.

Get help from a trusted Thai lawyer is about all I can recommend.

Now there's an Oxymoron if Iv'e ever heard one :o

By me allowing her to put her name in the house book tabian barn haveI left myself open?

If she is not a director of the company who legally owns the house, then you can get her out of the Tabien Baan. Have a "meeting" with the directors and go to the Amphur to have her signed out of the Tabien Baan. Best is to consult your Accountant I guess. Maybe you have to explain a reason, but mistrust and misconduct should be enough.

I think it is not a good idea to rent it out to a friend. Let it settle first and assess the situation well. A situation like this could easily go ape-shit and end up in a drive-by shooting, especially if your girl has bad connections or some overheated family members.

Sad to read all the unsuccessful stories of farang living in LOS. Having that said, there are many successful farang with Thai partners having a good life, living in nice houses and also farang couples living the good life in LOS and living in their dream houses which in my opinion is legally sorted out well and nothing much to worry about.

If you feel that Thailand is a nice destination for living, do not let all the negative stories put you off. Do good research though. Living in Thailand (or in any foreign country) is not for everyone.

I still think Thailand is a nice place to be.

I have a mate. A man of few words. A man of action. I know exactly what he would do.... He would either torch or bull doze the house. End of story. Drastic but it would close the book. The least he would do is cement all the doors and windows and let it lie... Me? I would try and sell it to myself ie set up a new company with new shareholders. It would also be a means to test the water.

If her plan is to make you give up so she can move in there is one thing that might work. Though it is very culturally insensitive.

Knock over or destroy the spirit house and see how she feels about living in the house after that.

In my experience the type of people who would do what she did in Thailand are pretty low on the social ladder. usually the ones down at the bottom happen to be the most superstious as well.

My idea of course is to be used as a last step (or one prior to a fire) after taking all legal actions you can.

Nothing in the OP indicates this woman was ever a "working girl". She may simply be nuts. And there are women who at one time were in the business who eventually settled down into successful marriages. Granted, that's not usually the case, but it can happen. Let's not sterotype. And let's get back to giving the OP the concrete advice he needs to deal with his present predicament, which from the sounds of it, is a serious one.....

She was a working girl from soi 2 but not for very long ,in the uk I heard her talking in thai on the telephone to some about doing something along these lines of whats happened ,

I was thinking of asking you why is she doing this to you? did you do something terrible to her? her action is not fair I know this statement of mine sounds crazy..I had an English bf last few yrs..he bought 2 houses under my name everything.and we have to end our relationship...and all his properties under my name..I gave them back too w/o any objections...I am a teacher got 3 education degrees abroad...I feel really sorry for you.Yeah find some Thai lawyer to could help you this problem.Fight for your rights,I truly disagree about the saying that farangs has no justice in this country.

Good luck to you..

Nothing in the OP indicates this woman was ever a "working girl". She may simply be nuts. And there are women who at one time were in the business who eventually settled down into successful marriages. Granted, that's not usually the case, but it can happen. Let's not sterotype. And let's get back to giving the OP the concrete advice he needs to deal with his present predicament, which from the sounds of it, is a serious one.....

I was thinking of asking you why is she doing this to you? did you do something terrible to her? her action is not fair I know this statement of mine sounds crazy..I had an English bf last few yrs..he bought 2 houses under my name everything.and we have to end our relationship...and all his properties under my name..I gave them back too w/o any objections...I am a teacher got 3 education degrees abroad...I feel really sorry for you.Yeah find some Thai lawyer to could help you this problem.Fight for your rights,I truly disagree about the saying that farangs has no justice in this country.

Good luck to you..

See guys, there are plenty of educated and respectable ladies here. I myself married a teacher and her family is very upstanding. People who get taken advantage of after bringing home a bar girl don't really get any sympathy from me. We all know the stories, so why risk it. Besides wouldn't you could have a partner you could have an intelligent conversation with.

If her plan is to make you give up so she can move in there is one thing that might work. Though it is very culturally insensitive.

Knock over or destroy the spirit house and see how she feels about living in the house after that.

In my experience the type of people who would do what she did in Thailand are pretty low on the social ladder. usually the ones down at the bottom happen to be the most superstious as well.

My idea of course is to be used as a last step (or one prior to a fire) after taking all legal actions you can.

Destroy the spirit house.

Yes thats the one to go with I would love to see her reaction to that when she storms in.

you wont have to say a word, Just cast your eye to the smashed up spirit house,

I doubt she or any her family will come anywere near the house or the land.

Zero cost and 100% satisfaction

You heard a wailing noise and it fell down in the night

back in the uk now and stewing till my next trip in 3 months .Anyone any thoughts? Sorry for the bad spellings and lack of proper punctuation but its been a while since I was at school and I USED TO LIKE IT BEST WHEN IT WAS SHUT

Small pubes...any thoughts you ask? First that comes to mind is "another dumb schmuck gets ripped off by a Thai ho - join the burgeoning club mate!" Don't take it the wrong way, just stating it like it is from an observers point of view as you asked for. Get a life, start over and learn from your experiences, life is too short and in your case at 48 yo not much left too it, so spelling should be the least of your worries..

Good luck.